Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Tint Suggestion: 3M or Huper Optik, Value for money heat rejection tint

Which tint has better value for money for heat rejection?

3M Crystalline [ 170 ] ** [63.20%]
Huper Optik Ceramic [ 99 ] ** [36.80%]
Total Votes: 269
Guests cannot vote 
views

19 Degree South
post Mar 25 2018, 12:46 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

QUOTE(jchong @ Mar 25 2018, 12:28 PM)
Really? Based on some numbers I saw on the other tint thread 3M Crystalline may be better than Vkool 40.
Crystalline is clear coat rite? V 40 is dark tint! I compared and experienced both before! Anyway, that was my experience , you can have yours! Some also say rm 300 tint is better than all these branded one! laugh.gif

QUOTE(jchong @ Mar 25 2018, 12:40 PM)
In what way is HO C40 better than your vkool 40? Because you said "But Vkool heat rejection more geng".
Value for money! Heat rejection definetly is v40 Keng but the price is so much higher than HO C40!
jchong
post Mar 25 2018, 02:00 PM

5,989 posts

QUOTE(19 Degree South @ Mar 25 2018, 12:46 PM)
Crystalline is clear coat rite?
Clear coat?

3M Crystalline is not a coating but a tint film. Darkness depends on which film you choose, if you want dark then go for Crystalline 40 (which would be similar darkness to HO C40 and vkool 40).
19 Degree South
post Mar 25 2018, 03:04 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

QUOTE(jchong @ Mar 25 2018, 02:00 PM)
Clear coat?

3M Crystalline is not a coating but a tint film. Darkness depends on which film you choose, if you want dark then go for Crystalline 40 (which would be similar darkness to HO C40 and vkool 40).
Ho c40 is not as dark,as v40!
SportyHandling
post Mar 25 2018, 04:56 PM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Mar 16 2018, 06:10 PM)
I've narrowed down my search for tints for my car down to 2 brands;
3M and Huper Optik are my preferred choices; however 3M is roughly 30% more expensive than Huper Optik, and has better heat rejection than Huper Optik; about 6-8% better;

My main preference is towards better heat rejection and lower performance degradation over time;
GPS and Smartag compatible;
JPJ approved;

3M Configuration:
Front Windshield: Crystalline 70
Front Side Door: Crystalline 50
Rear Side Door: Crystalline 50
Rear Windshield: Crystalline 50

Huper Optik Configuration:
Front Windshield: Ceramic 70
Front Side Door: Ceramic 50
Rear Side Door: Ceramic 50
Rear Windshield: Ceramic 50

Which one do you think is more value for money in terms of heat rejection?
Would it be worth it to fork out and go all out for the 3M?
Or Huper Optik would be sufficient enough?

Or.. any sifu here could recommend a different brand with comparable performance and at a much lower price?
My car was tinted with Huper Optik on the following combination 5 years ago:-
Front Windshield: Sech 60 (slightly better performance than Ceramic 70)
Front Side Door: Ceramic 40 (C40)
Rear Side Door: Ceramic 40 (C40)
Rear Windshield: Ceramic 40 (C40)

I find the car to be still quite hot when under the hot sun even with C40. Hence, if you go with C50 your car will surely be a lot hotter. Personally I don't recommend C50 for all side and rear windscreens. You won't get into trouble with C40 even though the VLT is slightly below 50% VLT as the shade is still not too dark. As a matter of fact, with the latest JPJ regulations, I would recommend that you go with C30 with the rear sides and rear windscreens as C40 also is not really that cool. C30's VLT should be around 30% so it should be borderline acceptable. Although the C30's tint is rather dark in shade, you can still see what's inside the car unlike some other tints whereby you cannot see through at all.

This post has been edited by SportyHandling: Mar 25 2018, 04:57 PM
SportyHandling
post Mar 25 2018, 04:59 PM

Casual
419 posts

Forgot to mention that the price range for the Huper Optik tint (5 years ago) was RM1,500 to RM1,600. I paid RM1,700 as I didn't go directly to the installer but went through the sales advisor whom I bought the new car from who took some commission from the tint installation.
19 Degree South
post Mar 25 2018, 06:00 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Mar 25 2018, 04:59 PM)
Forgot to mention that the price range for the Huper Optik tint (5 years ago) was RM1,500 to RM1,600. I paid RM1,700 as I didn't go directly to the installer but went through the sales advisor whom I bought the new car from who took some commission from the tint installation.
You are correct bro! smile.gif
TSRisingTide
post Mar 26 2018, 12:54 AM

47 posts

You're right; In fact I just got my car tinted yesterday, C70 front and C40 side/rear; I saw C50 and was surprised that it was quite lightly tinted; hence I went for the C40, which turned out to be a slight shade darker than C50 and quite hard to differentiate in normal conditions.

Although, I did notice that my front windscreen C70 does make my front view looked a bit hazy, like there is a slight oil smear on your glasses, it makes the entire view looked a bit foggy and hazy; did you experience this with your SECH60?
I tinted mine for RM1,800 flat; including removal, installation and GST; workmanship was top notch; just the slight hazy front view is quite irritating, planning to follow-up with the installer next weekend.
wyshin88
post Mar 26 2018, 09:16 AM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(RisingTide @ Mar 26 2018, 12:54 AM)
You're right; In fact I just got my car tinted yesterday, C70 front and C40 side/rear; I saw C50 and was surprised that it was quite lightly tinted; hence I went for the C40, which turned out to be a slight shade darker than C50 and quite hard to differentiate in normal conditions.

Although, I did notice that my front windscreen C70 does make my front view looked a bit hazy, like there is a slight oil smear on your glasses, it makes the entire view looked a bit foggy and hazy; did you experience this with your SECH60?
I tinted mine for RM1,800 flat; including removal, installation and GST; workmanship was top notch; just the slight hazy front view is quite irritating, planning to follow-up with the installer next weekend.
May I know which branch did you do your installation?
WannaGetBuffed
post Mar 26 2018, 09:35 AM

Enthusiast
982 posts

Pretty obvious your sales advisor is not that honest. Probably some chapalang house brand and told u it was HO

Only go to direct to installer as advertised in the website.
widget
post Mar 26 2018, 10:08 AM

Regular
1,155 posts

Sometimes the front hazy winsdcreen could be due to water bubble created during installation not completely dried up
Try park your car under the sun for a few days and see if the haze dissapears.
Mine took more than a week park under the hot sun to get the haze completely dissapears.
Do not try to press or remove this bubbles/haze with your fingers as they will tend to leave a mark on the tint.
Your installer should informed this to you
TSRisingTide
post Mar 26 2018, 10:36 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Mar 26 2018, 09:16 AM)
May I know which branch did you do your installation?
Huper Optik icon_rolleyes.gif
TSRisingTide
post Mar 26 2018, 10:40 AM

47 posts

QUOTE(widget @ Mar 26 2018, 10:08 AM)
Sometimes the front hazy winsdcreen could be due to water bubble created during installation not completely dried up
Try park your car under the sun for a few days and see if the haze dissapears.
Mine took more than a week park under the hot sun to get the haze completely dissapears.
Do not try to press or remove this bubbles/haze with your fingers as they will tend to leave a mark on the tint.
Your installer should informed this to you
Thanks for the tip! The haze is quite irritating especially under direct sunlight and at night; as the haze will diffuse and amplifies any incoming light, makes it much glaring compared to non-tinted glass. Fingers crossed that it will go away soon and I won't have to retint it.
SportyHandling
post Mar 26 2018, 11:06 AM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(WannaGetBuffed @ Mar 26 2018, 09:35 AM)
Pretty obvious your sales advisor is not that honest. Probably some chapalang house brand and told u it was HO
Only go to direct to installer as advertised in the website.
It's authentic Huper Optik tint as there as the documents and certificate are from Smart Windows which is the distributor for Huper Optik film. The direct installers listed on the Smart Windows(Huper Optik) website do not charge the same rates. I have called up few dealers previously (5 years ago) and the prices are all different. One dealer charged RM1,500 while another dealer can charge RM2,600. The difference was that big. It may sound weird but that's the true scenario at that time. I'm not sure if the dealers now charge at a uniform rate or the prices are still different between the outlets.
SportyHandling
post Mar 26 2018, 11:08 AM

Casual
419 posts

I have forgotten if the Sech60 on the front windscreen looked hazy on the first or 2nd day after installation. As mentioned earlier, it shouldn't be the case. Perhaps wait for 2 to 3 days or maybe up to week for the tint to completely dry up. If it still doesn't look clear, then the tint or workmanship is not good and they would need to redo for you.
19 Degree South
post Mar 26 2018, 04:28 PM

Regular
1,480 posts

Good price! I regretted of not going c30 all round! Slight haze shd go off in a few days! My car interior is light grey ,this make C40 not dark enough! laugh.gif
jchong
post Mar 26 2018, 06:09 PM

5,989 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Mar 26 2018, 11:06 AM)
I have called up few dealers previously (5 years ago)  and the prices are all different. One dealer charged RM1,500 while another dealer can charge RM2,600. The difference was that big. It may sound weird but that's the true scenario at that time. I'm not sure if the dealers now charge at a uniform rate or the prices are still different between the outlets.
I believe still the same nowadays for all brands. It's not a uniform price and it will vary by outlet. So still need to shop around to compare.
Quazacolt
post Mar 27 2018, 06:27 PM

Riding couple
5,216 posts

i personally vouch for Huper Optik as well
SportyHandling
post Mar 28 2018, 07:17 AM

Casual
419 posts

QUOTE(jchong @ Mar 26 2018, 06:09 PM)
I believe still the same nowadays for all brands. It's not a uniform price and it will vary by outlet. So still need to shop around to compare.
Yes that is true. However, I was shocked that the price difference can be more than RM1k for the same tint combination. A hundred ringgit or few hundred ringgit of difference would still be acceptable but more than RM1,000 difference is a bit weird.
wyshin88
post Apr 1 2018, 12:58 AM

Getting Started
105 posts

Huper Optik C70 Review:

I just installed HO C70 for my Front wind screen as the old one was removed when I replaced my windscreen. Previously using VKool Elite and all thensode windows are now still using VKool Elite that is already 7 years old. VKool Elite still good and reject heat very well, no discolouration what so ever.

As for HO C70, after 2 days of using and passing 8 toll plazas, initially for the few toll plaza the Smart Tag works, though a bit slowly, but after that it just stopped working under the C70 HO tint, battery life of my Smart Tag still good, so now I have to wind down window and hold up the Smart Tag to make it work. Was really surprised as the reason I opted for HO is for their Ceramic tint which say to work well with Smart Tag, but it’s not the case. Really inconvenient. Even the installer had slight doubt before installing, he told me errrr...HO has upgraded their tint and might not work well with Smart Tag. Too late now.

As for heat rejection, VKool definitely is better and the vision is also clearer compared to HO.

To whoever wanted to install HO C70 for FWS, take note and think twice.
TSRisingTide
post Apr 1 2018, 11:08 PM

47 posts

QUOTE(wyshin88 @ Apr 1 2018, 12:58 AM)
Huper Optik C70 Review:

I just installed HO C70 for my Front wind screen as the old one was removed when I replaced my windscreen. Previously using VKool Elite and all thensode windows are now still using VKool Elite that is already 7 years old. VKool Elite still good and reject heat very well, no discolouration what so ever.

As for HO C70, after 2 days of using and passing 8 toll plazas, initially for the few toll plaza the Smart Tag works, though a bit slowly, but after that it just stopped working under the C70 HO tint, battery life of my Smart Tag still good, so now I have to wind down window and hold up the Smart Tag to make it work. Was really surprised as the reason I opted for HO is for their Ceramic tint which say to work well with Smart Tag, but it’s not the case. Really inconvenient. Even the installer had slight doubt before installing, he told me errrr...HO has upgraded their tint and might not work well with Smart Tag. Too late now.

As for heat rejection, VKool definitely is better and the vision is also clearer compared to HO.

To whoever wanted to install HO C70 for FWS, take note and think twice.
I have mine installed C70 front since last weekend and I haven't face any Smartag issue with mine. And I travel everyday from Klang to Kajang, pass through all sorts of tolls;
I drove like normal as long as the speed is under 25km/h, the toll would be able to capture your Smartag.

I may suspect 2 things,
1. Fake C70 installed. Does the installer provide to you a 5 year warranty certificate/receipt from Huper Optik?
2. Did the installer tint the black dotted areas around your rearview mirror? Normally they have a small cut out on that area to improve the Smartag reception.

How much did you tint your front windscreen?

This post has been edited by RisingTide: Apr 1 2018, 11:09 PM

11 Pages < 1 2 3 4 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0384sec    0.15    8 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:07 AM