Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

How to buy ICO in Malaysia?

views

TSnexusjd
post Mar 15 2018, 01:15 AM, updated 7y ago

32 posts

Hi all,

Sorry for the noob question. I am new to Cryptocurrency. I am wondering how do we invest in ICO in Malaysia? icon_question.gif
DannyMc
post Mar 15 2018, 09:17 AM

Getting Started
197 posts

Most ICO need you to provide ETH as investment. You will need to buy ETH first , then find the right ICO to invest.
wengherng
post Mar 15 2018, 11:29 AM

Regular
1,865 posts

QUOTE(nexusjd @ Mar 15 2018, 01:15 AM)
Hi all,

Sorry for the noob question. I am new to Cryptocurrency. I am wondering how do we invest in ICO in Malaysia?  icon_question.gif
Firstly, you should know that it's a wild west out there.
You really need to do a lot of research before deciding to invest in any ICO......there are a lot of scams these days.
Go to the ICO website and read their whitepaper carefully, and also do your own research from other review websites and forums.
Take note whether that particular ICO prohibits participation from Malaysia.

But, if you're really keen and determined, then the first thing you need to do is to buy some ETH and store them in your private wallet (like MyEtherWallet, or on a hardware wallet like a Ledger or Trezor).
When ICOs start their public sale, they usually require you to register at their website, during which you will receive an ETH address for you to send your ETH to.
Each ICO is very different, so you need to follow their instructions carefully.

After that, once the ICO is concluded, the new tokens will be distributed to you according to the ICO procedure, usually into the same ETH address that you sent your ETH from (although some ICOs will allow you to specify any other ETH address that you like).
Therefore, it is advisable that you do NOT send your ETH directly from an online exchange (i.e. do not send ETH from Poloniex, Binance, Bittrex, Kucoin, etc......).

angelgemini
post Mar 15 2018, 11:36 AM

1,663 posts

QUOTE(wengherng @ Mar 15 2018, 11:29 AM)
Firstly, you should know that it's a wild west out there.
You really need to do a lot of research before deciding to invest in any ICO......there are a lot of scams these days.
Go to the ICO website and read their whitepaper carefully, and also do your own research from other review websites and forums.
Take note whether that particular ICO prohibits participation from Malaysia.

But, if you're really keen and determined, then the first thing you need to do is to buy some ETH and store them in your private wallet (like MyEtherWallet, or on a hardware wallet like a Ledger or Trezor).
When ICOs start their public sale, they usually require you to register at their website, during which you will receive an ETH address for you to send your ETH to.
Each ICO is very different, so you need to follow their instructions carefully.

After that, once the ICO is concluded, the new tokens will be distributed to you according to the ICO procedure, usually into the same ETH address that you sent your ETH from (although some ICOs will allow you to specify any other ETH address that you like).
Therefore, it is advisable that you do NOT send your ETH directly from an online exchange (i.e. do not send ETH from Poloniex, Binance, Bittrex, Kucoin, etc......).
detail info but i should add up something

1. 99% of the whitepaper in ICO is unicorn dream, if u use logic, no way u will buy them.
2. Cryptocurrency is super high risk investment, ICO is much higher risk.
3. Before you buy the ICO, u need to know is a token or coin. Token is riding on someone blockchain, exp ERC20 token. If is a coin, then it will have own blockchain.
4. most common is ERC20 is ETH token, NEP-5 is NEO token. study this both before buying any ico.
5. never ever send ETH or BTC from exchange wallet to ICO address.
6. Nowadays a lot of scammers, they send you hacker address for you to send the eth when buying ETH, take note. (if you not sure what is this, u better stay away from ICO).

The list still long, lazy to type already,

salacious fictitious
post Mar 16 2018, 07:09 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

buy btc/eth/coin that stated by them
send your new coin to wallet
wait for exchange to list your coin
wait
wait
wait
wait
sell

salacious fictitious
post Mar 16 2018, 07:11 PM

Getting Started
272 posts

most ico are scam tho, seen alot of ico ad at fb and knew its a scam.
bloodchow2
post Mar 16 2018, 10:59 PM

On my way
664 posts

ico = scam

worst than printing money out of thin air
wengherng
post Mar 19 2018, 01:44 PM

Regular
1,865 posts

QUOTE(bloodchow2 @ Mar 16 2018, 10:59 PM)
ico = scam

worst than printing money out of thin air
That's a bit too much of a generalisation.
Granted, there really are quite many scams these days, but there are also a great many ICOs that are good projects, with hardworking teams and solid use cases.
Somewhat like kickstarter, but on a major scale.
ETH, NEO, OMG, etc. all started with ICOs.

bloodchow2
post Mar 19 2018, 08:47 PM

On my way
664 posts

QUOTE(wengherng @ Mar 19 2018, 01:44 PM)
That's a bit too much of a generalisation.
Granted, there really are quite many scams these days, but there are also a great many ICOs that are good projects, with hardworking teams and solid use cases.
Somewhat like kickstarter, but on a major scale.
ETH, NEO, OMG, etc. all started with ICOs.
any coin that runs on ethereum blockchain is considered shit quality. those developers too lazy to develop their unique blockchain for their coins instead relying on ethereum erc20 protocol which only takes hours to compile and make a new token without any effort
wengherng
post Mar 20 2018, 10:08 AM

Regular
1,865 posts

QUOTE(bloodchow2 @ Mar 19 2018, 08:47 PM)
any coin that runs on ethereum blockchain is considered shit quality. those developers too lazy to develop their unique blockchain for their coins instead relying on ethereum erc20 protocol which only takes hours to compile and make a new token without any effort
There are certain advantages to using a public open-source platform; not every project needs its own unique blockchain.
Obviously there are a lot of useless projects in the cryptosphere, but that phenomenon is prevalent both on ERC20 projects and also those that have their own blockchains.
Tokens like OMG, VET, EOS, PAY, QASH, GVT, etc......all run on the ethereum platform, and I really would not consider any of them as "shit quality".

shadow_rx
post Jun 30 2018, 09:57 PM

Getting Started
273 posts

hi crypto player, we are doing marketing for the newly project (crypto real estate property)

Here we having an ICO on project on real estate property at Malaysia, the following will be the detail of the ICO

ECX Token Project White Paper - https://bit.ly/2tE2w4I

🔹ECX TOKEN + ETHERSCAN + EXCHANGES🔹

ECX Contract: https://etherscan.io/token/0xbc35790614c07e...10e33d92ff48867

ForkDelta: https://forkdelta.github.io/#!/trade/0x...3d92ff48867-ETH

The ECoin (ECX) Team
Official Website : www.ecxtoken.io
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ecxtoken/
Telegram: https://t.me/ecxtoken

ECX token bounty and reward started!!!

Phase 1 - FB Awareness
Anyone Who LIKE and SHARE our page will be awarded with ECX token.

Mechanism
1. LIKE & SHARE page https://www.facebook.com/ecxtoken
2. Sharing this Post
3. Hash Tag #ecxtoken
4. Comment on this post with your eth address and link of the share.
5. ECX token airdrop to your eth wallet.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0199sec    0.12    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:31 AM