Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

STPM Science CGPA 1.83 (B, C-, D+, D+), Enrolment in Bachelor Degree Programme

views

Captain89
post Apr 5 2019, 11:28 PM

Simple person
3,056 posts

QUOTE(Jihoonpark17 @ Feb 21 2019, 02:42 PM)
Hi Ethan Dwayne, i am your Junior from Science Stream STPM batch 2018 this year. My full result might not be coming out yet but i kinda could guess that it will be around yours too. I am pretty down, but i have tried my best. If i may ask, which university and course you further now with your result ? Thank you, i wish you success in your life ahead. Stpm is really hard to me though, i was one of the top students too in SPM.
Cheer up,have some confident in yourself. Who knows you can do better for second half and try to improve your result. Why? Is it lack of interest in science stream too?
MGM
post Apr 6 2019, 08:29 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,385 posts

QUOTE(Capt olympic @ Mar 27 2018, 07:36 PM)
** There are some IPTAs who can take in 5000 students (tbh, they are far away from Klang Valley), while some just take in 500 students per semester. Don't put all eggs in one basket.

Don't give up if first trying fail. Can try to appeal and saluran kedua (apply directly to that particular university).

I need to remove earlier post.
Need your advice:
(1) if one got an lower choice offer via UPU and decided to decline it, would a different faculty/course of the the same university blacklist him from applying via direct intake?
(2) if one DIDNOT get any offer via UPU , can he still apply via direct intake for the same course and university if his result meets the requirement?
MGM
post Apr 6 2019, 08:42 AM

10k Club
All Stars
16,385 posts

QUOTE(footy_00 @ Apr 5 2019, 09:02 AM)
Just came across your post, I received my STPM results some years ago (CCDDE for Science stream). I was accepted into one of the IPTS in Msia with the field/specialty of my choice (one of the pure sciences). To cut it short, I graduated with 1st class honors from the IPTS and went on to receive full scholarship for graduate school overseas (MSc & PhD).

I was v disappointed when I received my STPM results as well, knowing well that private universities wont be an option due to financial constraints. Like what the others said, you have to be realistic on your choices based on your results, and try hard.
Nice to hear of your achivement against all odds.
What is the job prospect with a pure science qualification locally? Should be good if in developed countries. I also believe my son can excel in pure science but I am worry about job prospect.
If I may ask which Science is your expertise and what scholarship u got for graduate school overseas (MSc & PhD)?

This post has been edited by MGM: Apr 6 2019, 08:43 AM
footy_00 P
post Apr 6 2019, 01:14 PM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(Mike.Chang @ Apr 5 2019, 07:35 PM)
How did you pull through with Financial Constraints tho  hmm.gif
(1) Worked part-time during BSc (tutor for school kids, promoter etc)
(2) Obtained PTPTN
(3) Graduated with 1st class, and applied exemption from paying PTPTN
footy_00 P
post Apr 6 2019, 01:20 PM

Probation
3 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Apr 6 2019, 08:42 AM)
Nice to  hear of your achivement against all odds.
What is the job prospect with a pure science qualification locally? Should be good if in developed countries. I also believe my son can excel in pure science but I am worry about job prospect.
If I may ask which Science is your expertise and what scholarship u got for graduate school overseas (MSc & PhD)?
Thank you. You are right, chances are higher overseas. Pure science can be applied/combined with biotech and other newer fields like AI.
I obtained full scholarship from the Japanese gov (Monbusho) and am working in the research industry now.

My mom always reminded me that no matter what field it is, as long as you excel, there is a way. I believe her words till now.
Mike.Chang
post Apr 6 2019, 04:56 PM

Getting Started
78 posts

QUOTE(Captain89 @ Apr 5 2019, 11:28 PM)
Cheer up,have some confident in yourself. Who knows you can do better for second half and try to improve your result. Why? Is it lack of interest in science stream too?
Kids will never be "lack of interest" of STEM, it is syllabus not suited for current generations needs.
Alot of school materials that students should have, aren't working nor wildly available.
Teachers most of them do a sloppy job, forcing kids to go to Tuition to actually learn.

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0129sec    0.39    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:32 AM