Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Taylor's University Merit Scholarship, I need some help

UnicornRainbow
post Mar 14 2018, 02:12 AM, updated 5 months ago

Group: Newbie

I am considering whether I should go to Taylor's to study architecture or not because of the expensive fees.The requirements of Merit Scholarship for UEC students is 12 points or below in 5 subjects and minimum B3 in English.My result fits the first requirement but i got B4 in English.

The education counseller say he can help me to apply for the scholarship but I will only have the chance to have an interview if i I am being selected.Anyone in Taylor's or graduated from Taylor's know anything about this scholarship?Am I having chance to get the scholarship since I didnt meet all the requirements?

DaTree
post Mar 16 2018, 12:47 AM

I don't know anything about it..sorry, but no harm in applying right?
DaTree
post Mar 16 2018, 12:47 AM

Maybe if you can practice improving your english now so just in case you get the interview, you can show them your english is actually not that bad.
hihichew
post Mar 16 2018, 01:33 AM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

take note yo, merit scholarship usually don't cover 100%,
and subjects to terms of condition.

eg: maintain cgpa >3.67 every sem (or something like that)

*but of course, no harm trying,
do read carefully documents before you sign anything
bunny65
post Mar 16 2018, 06:18 AM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Not sure what you mean by "12 points or below" as it doesn't make much sense.

Anyway, merit scholarships might be partial or full depending on your results. Is this the case with Taylor's?

Since you don't satisfy the minimum requirements for the scholarship, other students will be prioritized before you are taken into consideration. My suggestion will be to look at other universities/colleges to expand your options, and don't put too much hope on this one.

In case you do get awarded the Scholarship, be prepared to take compulsory supplementary English subjects to make up for your results smile.gif
MusicMatch
post Mar 16 2018, 04:29 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(UnicornRainbow @ Mar 14 2018, 02:12 AM)
I am considering whether I should go to Taylor's to study architecture or not because of the expensive fees.The requirements of Merit Scholarship for UEC students is 12 points or below in 5 subjects and minimum B3 in English.My result fits the first requirement but i got B4 in English.

The education counseller say he can help me to apply for the scholarship but I will only have the chance to have an interview if i I am being selected.Anyone in Taylor's or graduated from Taylor's know anything about this scholarship?Am I having chance to get the scholarship since I didnt meet all the requirements?
Taylor's merit scholarships is super limited, they only have 1-5, if you are looking for other Uni's scholarships, you can talk to Uni Enrol, my daughter has applied through them, you just have to contact them, and they will give you all the best deal of scholarships you can get based on your preferred course and Uni. Hope this help smile.gif

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0543sec    2.88    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd July 2018 - 01:02 AM