Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honey recommendation, Need to know know about honey

views

TSYTDboss
post Mar 13 2018, 11:53 PM, updated 7y ago

13 posts

I have recently got very interested in honey. I would love to hear your experience n story about honey. Please share!
internaldisputes
post Mar 13 2018, 11:59 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

Not a fan of honey but if you want to try it for health benefits, be sure to take pure honey. Lots of people have been duped by fake honey which contains lots of additives.
TSYTDboss
post Mar 14 2018, 12:58 AM

13 posts

Yes there's a lot of fake honey in the market but when u have real honey, i truly believe it is very beneficial to our health. My interest started when i tried honey on my wife who is suffering from astma and saw the effect almost immediately. It calmed her cough a few times n every time without fail. I also see improvement in my complexion n bowel movement. Oh yes, our sleep quality has improved too. Therefore i believe honey is good for us. Since then i have become a honey hunter going around buying all kinda of honey to try lol.

The reason i start this thread is to let everyone share their knowledge and experiences with honey so that we can better understand honey and its benefits. We also can share our experiences and give their feedback on the brands and types of honey we have tried and of cause, where & how to get them.

Lets start!

SUSlowya
post Mar 14 2018, 07:46 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

Real honey sticks on the leaf like a gum on the floor.

Pure honey when refrigerated doesn't get hard or frozen.

In a glass of water put a drop or two of honey. Pure honey will go down while fake will float.

Pour honey over raw egg and it will slowly cook the egg. It works with pure honey.

If you stick a match into honey and then strike it, it will definitely light in case where the honey is pure..

please test and feedback here.
NightHeart
post Mar 14 2018, 09:49 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,988 posts

If you really like honey, you can consider farming your own kelulut honey. It's like the Malaysian version of manuka honey. For 2 person, you may need several colonies to produce the sufficient quantity of honey regularly. Each colony will cost you a few thousand bucks.
TSYTDboss
post Mar 14 2018, 01:15 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Mar 14 2018, 07:46 AM)
Real honey sticks on the leaf like a gum on the floor.

Pure honey when refrigerated doesn't get hard or frozen.

In a glass of water put a drop or two of honey. Pure honey will go down while fake will float.

Pour honey over raw egg and it will slowly cook the egg. It works with pure honey.

If you stick a match into honey and then strike it, it will definitely light in case where the honey is pure..

Thanks for your sharing.

When u say refrigerated...u mean put in chiller or freezer?

QUOTE(NightHeart @ Mar 14 2018, 09:49 AM)
If you really like honey, you can consider farming your own kelulut honey. It's like the Malaysian version of manuka honey. For 2 person, you may need several colonies to produce the sufficient quantity of honey regularly. Each colony will cost you a few thousand bucks.
Lol i wish i can but i think my neighbours will kill me!

Yes we are also taking kelulut honey. I have bought a few brands and their prices can vary a lot.

Can anyone recommend some good n genuine kelulut honey sellers to me? Appreciate
SUSlowya
post Mar 14 2018, 02:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(YTDboss @ Mar 14 2018, 01:21 PM)
Yes we are also taking kelulut honey. I have bought a few brands and their prices can vary a lot.

Can anyone recommend some good n genuine kelulut honey sellers to me? Appreciate
how much per kg for pure kelulut honey?

QUOTE(YTDboss @ Mar 14 2018, 01:15 PM)
Thanks for your sharing.

When u say refrigerated...u mean put in chiller or freezer?
freezer.

have you tested all method?
TSYTDboss
post Mar 14 2018, 03:12 PM

13 posts

I have tried some of my honey in d freezer. They are not frozen but they all do get harder only to a different extent. They still can flow.

QUOTE(lowya @ Mar 14 2018, 02:37 PM)
freezer.

have you tested all method?
I have tried some of my honey in d freezer. They are not frozen but they all do get harder and thicker only to a different extent. They still can flow.
MeToo
post Mar 14 2018, 03:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,297 posts

Good luck finding real honey.

Malaysia no enforcement, no control, 99% of all honey u find in supermarket is not pure.

Singapore got sell, going for SGD250 for about 750ml manuka... got free another smaller bottle. Cant remember the actual qty.
digital_ice7
post Mar 14 2018, 03:26 PM

6 posts

haven't found any good honey in KL. If u go cameron then can get easily.
for me i like mixing honey n water. the honey from kl supermarket taste really bad.
so far for me its cameron honey
TSYTDboss
post Mar 14 2018, 03:35 PM

13 posts

I don't think any home experiment cn accurately tell us whether the honey is 100% pure or not unless it is sent for lab test but they are good guidelines n methods to avoid really bad fakes.

At the end of the day, i think it is best to let our body be the judge. Try them all and thats what i am doing now haha.
SUSlowya
post Mar 14 2018, 07:01 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Mar 14 2018, 07:46 AM)
Test 1: Real honey sticks on the leaf like a gum on the floor.

Test 2: Pure honey when refrigerated doesn't get hard or frozen.

Test 3: In a glass of water put a drop or two of honey. Pure honey will go down while fake will float.

Test 4: Pour honey over raw egg and it will slowly cook the egg. It works with pure honey.

Test 5:  If you stick a match into honey and then strike it, it will definitely light in case where the honey is pure..

come share your honey tests above with photos for education purpose. see how many it can pass.
TSYTDboss
post Mar 14 2018, 10:59 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(lowya @ Mar 14 2018, 02:36 PM)
how much per kg for pure kelulut honey?
90...110..130..160...200..all kinda prices
TSYTDboss
post Mar 16 2018, 10:37 PM

13 posts

Really surprise me that not even one recommendation where to get good kelulut honey..
McF7y
post Mar 17 2018, 11:49 AM

Getting Started
224 posts

QUOTE(YTDboss @ Mar 13 2018, 11:53 PM)
I have recently got very interested in honey.  I would love to hear your experience n story about honey. Please share!
Dude, have you tried Sidr honey?

It's amazing, really.

If you'd like to try it, do PM me. I'm not selling but I have a friend who is and can get below market price - I know it may sound cliche 'below market price' but I do trust him and I'm just being sincere here.

I'm no expert on honey but I've tried a few and in summary, as you know there are many types and each person will have their preference. For example, I do like the NZ Manuka and Pohutukawa which are the creamy types but I also like Sidr which is I guess the 'clearer' type of honey. Each has their unique properties.

SUSlowya
post Mar 17 2018, 04:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,821 posts

no one took up my 5 honey test challenge, any seller up to the challenge?
TSYTDboss
post Mar 18 2018, 01:55 PM

13 posts

Don't think your experiments can work on sugar-fed bee honey, can they?
lhwang
post Apr 16 2018, 11:17 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

I don't know where you can get real honey in malaysia except orang asli honey, which is quite rare to be find.

So I go purchase New Zealand brand honey... can be seen in supermarket, price is vary. If you go for Manuka honey of course cost more, else normal honey is okay for the price. I buy airbone brand just because is seen in supermarket and price affordable (jaya grocer/ aeon, not really remember where did I purchase it, 500g normal honey cost around rm50)

For manuka honey can be seen in big pharmacy.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0137sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:19 PM