Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Looking for low cost lawyer, To retrieve money from escrow account

views

TSAteesc
post Mar 12 2018, 08:27 AM, updated 7y ago

1 posts

I am looking for a reliable lawyer to help me get back money from escrow account. Years ago, I enter into a S&P agreement with a US firm to purchase a property. I paid the deposit and put in an escrow account held by a local legal firm in Malaysia. Later I found out the US firm did not deliver its promises and I asked to cancel the deal. It then asked for exorbitant processing fee which I refuse to pay.
I understand that to get my money back, I have to get a court order by a magistrate. Hence I am looking for a lawyer with good connection who is willing to work on a ‘no win, no fee’ basis. The amount is only about RM80k, so I am willing 10-20k if I can get back the money.
Any leads from the forum would be much appreciated. TQ
post Mar 12 2018, 05:51 PM

Enthusiast
754 posts

When you have international case and the amount involved is so low, much less the legal fee, and outright 'no win no fee' offer (is that even an offer?), good luck to you...I doubt any lawyer with any self-respect will take your case. I'm not a lawyer, but if I know anyone who is willing to do so may have well breach some rules of the Bar Council.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.53    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:31 PM