Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Videography Premier Pro CC expert! Video editing, Calling all sifus and jedis.

views

TSbeligames
post Mar 10 2018, 06:11 PM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
63 posts

Hi all the Premier Pro CC expert! Need your guys guidance. Please help a 3 week nub like me.
ok i am video editing some clips. around 26 minutes clips. with 2 layers of video.

so after done with my editing, when i wanted to encode it(1080p). it is taking 18 hours? is that common?

is my i5 8g ram not capable of getting a quicker encoding process?

is it too much for my pc?

i am using ext Hardrive to store the library data.( the clips i used in editing are being stored in the Ext Drive), does that effect the speed of encoding?

should i store in it my internal hardrive instead?

please please help notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

jedi and sifus.

mypie
post Mar 12 2018, 08:51 PM

40 posts

There are many variables. Putting hardware aside, these are the few reasons.
1. Miss-match video in and out - make sure video output after you edit is at the same configuration with video you import in. Frame-rate, codec and such.
2. Timeline configuration must also match with the video in. Premiere is so versatile to accept and play anything you put in as long as you have enough hardware power.
3. If you put photo or graphic (hence the layer 2), make sure you edit first in photoshop and reduce the resolution to 72 dpi. This is the native screen resolution.

In essence, put everything as native as possible to the original video source to avoid unnecessary rendering.
cannavaro
post Mar 12 2018, 11:13 PM

CATTENACIO
3,001 posts

QUOTE(beligames @ Mar 10 2018, 06:11 PM)
Hi all the Premier Pro CC expert! Need your guys guidance. Please help a 3 week nub like me.
ok i am video editing some clips. around 26 minutes clips. with 2 layers of video.

so after done with my editing, when i wanted to encode it(1080p). it is taking 18 hours? is that common?

i am using ext Hardrive to store the library data.( the clips i used in editing are being stored in the Ext Drive), does that effect the speed of encoding?

please please help notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

jedi and sifus.
which 1080 preset?
the estimated time can be dynamic.. however I am not sure if the newer versions of premiere are still like this -

for example, if the first 5 mins of your video is effects heavy with multiple layers (i know yours is just 2 layers), when encoding through that first 5 min it may show something like 10 hours left (.. once the encoder has passed that point, it will show something more accurate, e.g. 15 mins left

btw, is mercury playback engine enabled?
goldfries
post Mar 13 2018, 02:55 AM

40K Club
Group Icon
Forum Admin
44,409 posts

Did you happen to apply any effects on the video?

For example if you apply effects like Warp Stabilizer, that will result in a very long processing time.
DS_Legacy
post Mar 14 2018, 10:24 PM

Photography is Love
1,501 posts

what is your GPU?

Afaik the new premiere pro cc does not recognize or enable mercury cuda on older gpu.

Try to enable it manually. You can easily find the tutorial on youtube. It should help to increase the speed. biggrin.gif

superworm
post Mar 15 2018, 03:10 PM

Getting Started
63 posts

change the codec to h.264
bob_afdlin
post Mar 16 2018, 10:19 AM

Getting Started
159 posts

QUOTE(beligames @ Mar 10 2018, 06:11 PM)

please please help notworthy.gif  notworthy.gif

jedi and sifus.
18 hours is outrageous!

I think you should put all the data in your internal hardrive so it is easier to render.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0115sec    0.59    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:12 AM