Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Movies Tomb Raider 3 | a reboot of the Tom Raider series?, has anyone watched it yet?

views

TSCalvin871989
post Jan 26 2009, 09:03 AM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/A-New-Lara-...ovie-11720.html

A New Lara Croft For A New Tomb Raider Movie?

user posted image

The more recent Tomb Raider games have been panned and the movies were never very good. So why is Paramount entertaining the idea of making a third picture? Because even though the movies weren’t that great, they were solid moneymakers, and studios are never going to turn their back on a franchise if it can still make them money.

The actress playing Lara Croft may change, if Europa Press is to be believed. The Spanish website reports that Transformers actress Megan Fox may be taking over the role of the video game vixen in a third Tomb Raider picture that could start production next year. Of course, the site gives no basis for that assumption - no word from studio execs, Fox’s people, or even a secret inside scooper. There’s just a “Fox is a strong candidate” statement, so this could just be slow-news speculation as well.

If they’re going to proceed with the Tomb Raider series, I’m not sure why they’d want to replace Jolie. She’s an incredible name to sell and they can easily still sell her as a a sexy figure - just look at this year’s Wanted. The only reason I could think of to change the actress would be to save on the paycheck salary or cash in on the popularity of Transformers, especially with the second movie in that franchise coming out this summer.

This post has been edited by Calvin871989: Jan 28 2009, 04:15 PM
maxizanc
post Jan 26 2009, 09:14 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,909 posts

Cool, new tomb raider movie. I love the game but in movie i don't like Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft.

But Megan Fox? Seriously? She is ganas yes.. but really?
smallbug
post Jan 26 2009, 11:01 AM

Enthusiast
859 posts

No, not really. No (*) (*) for it.
shoduken
post Jan 26 2009, 11:12 AM

Regular
1,741 posts

R u serious ? I think Angelina Jolie fit Lara Croft the most
maxizanc
post Jan 26 2009, 11:30 AM

Look at all my stars!!
5,909 posts

Of course i'm serious, the first movie was ok with her as Lara Croft but the 2nd movie, nothing special.
yiivei
post Jan 26 2009, 12:38 PM

~WooLaLa~
1,933 posts

Megan fit ka? ( . ) ( . ) not big enuf for tat role..
mukhlisz
post Jan 26 2009, 12:54 PM

Casual
373 posts

no moar skinny Jolie. why don't they get a British actress this time?
maxizanc
post Jan 26 2009, 12:56 PM

Look at all my stars!!
5,909 posts

Alison Carroll as Lara Croft pls,..

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

drool.gif drool.gif

Alison Carroll is the New Lara Croft
Monday, August 11, 2008

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/celebritie...a-croft-206037/

More pic inside

This post has been edited by maxizanc: Jan 26 2009, 12:58 PM
rhoyo
post Jan 26 2009, 01:22 PM

-
2,800 posts

wasn't this alison carrol the model of the tomb raider game ? .
SUSalmattitude_v1
post Jan 26 2009, 02:23 PM

Fuck The Authorities
769 posts

as long as its not Angelina Jolie...
defaultname365
post Jan 26 2009, 06:41 PM

Windows® 8.1 | Xbox 360™ | PlayStation® 4
1,097 posts

Wow. Imagine Megan Fox in the Tomb Raider outfit. It works. At least for me.

wub.gif

ReAcTiVo
post Jan 26 2009, 09:01 PM

Getting Started
140 posts

she's hot..

ok ler... same like the angelina jolie skit..
azbro
post Jan 27 2009, 12:22 AM

Look at all my stars!!
4,319 posts

Alison Carroll needs to go to acting school first smile.gif

radi0head
post Jan 27 2009, 12:32 AM

A Shocker
2,757 posts

i would prefer megan as lara... hehe... well, those that loves to watch tomb raider are mostly men don we? hahaaa! tongue.gif

megan fox are so much sexier... foxy lady... wub.gif

wink.gif

TSCalvin871989
post Jan 28 2009, 03:01 PM

Im Batman
1,256 posts

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/conten...0e6cf82b7389501

Lara Croft to return to the big screen
Warners, Dan Lin in early development on reboot

user posted image

Lara Croft could soon be going on a new big-screen mission.

Warners Bros. and producer Dan Lin are in early development on a a reboot of "Tomb Raider," the popular video game action franchise.

"Tomb Raider," which was published in 1996 by a London-based video game company called Eidos, was a wildly popular game that involved the daredevil archaeologist Lara Croft on a series of global missions. Several spinoff games have been published since, with a 10th-anniversary edition of the game released in 2006.

Paramount previously made the two movies based on the game, but the rights have since reverted to Eidos. When Time Warner upped its stake to 19.92% in Eidos in December, films rights to the property were included as part of the deal.

Lin will produce the project via his Lin Pictures banner while Stephen Gilchrist will co-produce; Ian Livingstone of Eidos will exec produce. Matt Reilly is overseeing for Warners. Lin is the producer behind Warners' upcoming Guy Ritchie-directed update of "Sherlock Holmes" and the adventure film "Jonny Quest."

The new project, however, is expected to revamp the character and her mission and bear little resemblance to the original pictures. It will reimagine the origins of the character, her love interest and the main villain.

As an open-writing assignment, the project is still in its nascent stages. An actress who could play the role Angelina Jolie made famous would likely come on after a writer and director are attached.

Jolie, of course, starred in the first two installments, "Lara Croft: Tomb Raider" and "Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life."

The first pic, which came out in 2001, grossed a whopping $275 million worldwide, while the 2003 follow-up earned a more modest $157 million.

The first pic concerned Croft's race against a secret society known as the Illuminati to find a key, while the second centered on her quest to find "Pandora's Box."

http://io9.com/5139784/the-truth-about-meg...next-lara-croft

The Truth About Megan Fox As The Next Lara Croft

user posted image

Rumors have circulated all day that Megan Fox would be replacing Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft in the next Tomb Raider action flick. We went straight to the top to find the answer.

Sorry dreamers — the lovely Fox isn't planning to don the slinky jumpsuit. A spokesperson for Megan Fox denied the rumors to io9, saying, "She's not involved in the movie at all."

I know this is a huge upset to many of you, because who knows how many more thigh holsters Jolie would be willing to strap on, and we totally agree with the idea of putting Fox into Croft's boots. She's got the prerequisite attitude, lips and hips.

Latino Review first leaked the story from Europa Press in Spain that Megan Fox was indeed the next in line to don the long Croft pony tail.

There's no director attached, and I'm not even sure if a third has been greenlit, but Fox does look the part and her success from the Transformers movies means she could finally have her own big name character that could lead to future sequels. The article says that they're looking to shoot in 2010 with a release date of 2011.

As of right now Fox is not the next Croft, but that doesn't mean we can't start a grass-roots campaign to get her in.

ghoster
post Jan 28 2009, 03:08 PM

I got 4 stars
641 posts

well if u guys want british girl with big ( . ) ( . ) to play lara croft, there's keeley hazel biggrin.gif

defaultname365
post Mar 28 2017, 05:30 PM

1,097 posts

First Look: Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/0...sive-first-look

user posted image

user posted image

Producer Graham King, who won an Oscar as producer of The Departed, adds: “Alicia Vikander brings tremendous depth and vulnerability to this character, which is every bit as important as Lara Croft’s fierce strength, determination, and physicality. Our film takes Lara from her early origins, to the physical and emotional challenges through which she ultimately becomes the Tomb Raider. It’s a complex character, requiring a range of elements and Alicia brings all of that together brilliantly in her portrayal.”

Tomb Raider, directed by Roar Uthaug and co-starring Dominic West, Walton Goggins, and Daniel Wu, comes to theaters on March 16, 2018.

Could this be the first well received video game movie adaptation? This movie is based on the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot.
gaeria84
post Mar 28 2017, 07:57 PM

Enthusiast
830 posts

QUOTE(defaultname365 @ Mar 28 2017, 05:30 PM)
First Look: Alicia Vikander as Lara Croft in Tomb Raider

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/0...sive-first-look

user posted image

user posted image
Could this be the first well received video game movie adaptation? This movie is based on the 2013 Tomb Raider reboot.
Not my first choice for LC. Not sold on her look, but she could pull off a good LC

skystrike
post Mar 28 2017, 08:21 PM

back to normal
1,270 posts

not bad...
defaultname365
post Sep 20 2017, 09:22 AM

1,097 posts

Lol, what?

I know it's a teaser trailer... but

3 Pages  1 2 3 >Top