Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Approval for Renovation @ DBKL, MPPJ, MPSJ, MPS., Submission for extension to authorities

views

TSGOSHEN
post Mar 7 2018, 10:39 AM, updated 4y ago

Getting Started
61 posts

Submission / Approval for renovation work in Klang Valley

Process to obtain approval of building plans and work permits:
1. Owner to prepare the required documents such as follows:
a) Copy of Sales Agreement
b) Copy of Tenancy Agreement (if applicable)
c) Copy of paid latest Assessment (Cukai Pintu)
d) Copy of CF (Certificate of Fitness) OR Copy of CCC (Complete & Compliances Certificate)
e) Copy of Owner / Tenant Identity Card
f) Copy of Company Registration and Borang 49 (if applicable)

2. Owner to prepare certain consultation fees, deposit and processing fees:-
a) For 2 storey extension at the back of a terrace house, consultation fees is RM2500-RM3500 includes Architect endorsement, site measurement, building plan drawing and form submission.
b) Owner to pay around RM1000-RM2500 for deposit, processing fees, construction waste bin depends on scale of renovation. Deposit will be returned if renovation works is completed according to the approved plan.

3. Approval / Work Permit usually takes about 14-30days depends on Local Authorities.

4. For certain renovation works at office / factory / kindergarden, submission to Bomba Department is required depends on Local Authorities.

5. For certain renovation works which involved new structure works, owner is required to engage an engineer to do structural submission and endorsement depends on Local Authorities.

6. For certain renovation works which extension and renovated area if more than 50% of the existing building size, owner is required to engage a registered town planner to do planning submission and endorsement depends on Local Authorities.

7. If owner starts works before obtaining approval, fine will be imposed at 10 times or 20 times of your processing fees depends on Local Authorities.

8. If contractor includes to obtain approval in their scope of works, please make sure you obtain letter and drawings endorsed by registered architect/building draughtman and Local Authorities. Safe keeping these documents for future inspection by Local Authorities. You might need it too when you intend to sell your property in future.

Depends on Local Authorities, building setbacks for terrace are different from area to area as follows:-
a) Front - 20' from wall to boundary (fencing), 10’ from car porch column to boundary.
b) Back – to the end of boundary
c) Side (corner lot) - 10' or 20’ from wall to boundary
d) Side (end lot) – 5’ or to the end of boundary.

This post has been edited by GOSHEN: Mar 7 2018, 11:44 AM
TSGOSHEN
post Mar 7 2018, 11:16 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

It will depend on type of existing building, location and size of the building.
You may PM me to give me for info.
Jo_da48
post Apr 20 2018, 02:04 PM

Regular
1,529 posts

If I extention involved 2 floor (double story terrace) house, is this considered structure work & fall statement? * Extention done on the backyard area

5. For certain renovation works which involved new structure works, owner is required to engage an engineer to do structural submission and endorsement depends on Local Authorities.

This post has been edited by Jo_da48: Apr 20 2018, 02:06 PM
chichichi
post Apr 20 2018, 04:30 PM

Casual
403 posts

QUOTE(GOSHEN @ Mar 7 2018, 10:39 AM)

d) Copy of CF (Certificate of Fitness) OR Copy of CCC (Complete & Compliances Certificate)

a) For 2 storey extension at the back of a terrace house, consultation fees is RM2500-RM3500 includes Architect endorsement, site measurement, building plan drawing and form submission.
b) Owner to pay around RM1000-RM2500 for deposit, processing fees, construction waste bin depends on scale of renovation. Deposit will be returned if renovation works is completed according to the approved plan.

3. Approval / Work Permit usually takes about 14-30days depends on Local Authorities.

4. For certain renovation works at office / factory / kindergarden, submission to Bomba Department is required depends on Local Authorities.

6. For certain renovation works which extension and renovated area if more than 50% of the existing building size, owner is required to engage a registered town planner to do planning submission and endorsement depends on Local Authorities.

7. If owner starts works before obtaining approval, fine will be imposed at 10 times or 20 times of your processing fees depends on Local Authorities.

8. If contractor includes to obtain approval in their scope of works, please make sure you obtain letter and drawings endorsed by registered architect/building draughtman and Local Authorities. Safe keeping these documents for future inspection by Local Authorities. You might need it too when you intend to sell your property in future.

Depends on Local Authorities, building setbacks for terrace are different from area to area as follows:-
a) Front - 20' from wall to boundary (fencing), 10’ from car porch column to boundary.
Thank you. Been looking for some info on this.

I might add that fro certain majlis perbandaran, they have the Pelan Setara thingy that you can use to apply approval, eliminate the need to hire architect.

Student111
post May 1 2018, 12:26 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

Hi,

Any bro here have contact to help with drawing and submission to MPPJ?
Student111
post May 1 2018, 12:30 PM

Getting Started
99 posts

Extra info - I am planning to reno my house which is under MPPJ. Appreciate anyone who provide the service or the contact. Thank you
TSGOSHEN
post Sep 25 2018, 11:02 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

MEngineer
post Sep 25 2018, 09:38 PM

...Look at my stars...
850 posts

Do you know what is MPSJ ruling on height of perimeter wall for corner lot house?
negayem
post Oct 2 2018, 11:59 AM

Getting Started
225 posts

Hi sifu,

Is approval from MBPJ necessary to renovate the side of a semi detached house?
I intend to add awning to cover the entire 10 feet of side area. Is it possible for MBPJ to give such approval?
My neighbour is okay with the awning extension.
Thanks.
TSGOSHEN
post Oct 8 2018, 09:27 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(MEngineer @ Sep 25 2018, 09:38 PM)
Do you know what is MPSJ ruling on height of perimeter wall for corner lot house?
5 feet
lencent
post Oct 8 2018, 09:50 AM

Regular
1,716 posts

Hi,
Is this document still valid for reference? Do you know about requirement for MPS (Seremban)?
http://www.kkr.gov.my/files/Garis%20Pandua...%20Ubahsuai.pdf

According to the guideline, even installing plaster ceiling and built-in cabinet require permit. Is that true?
Also i'm looking to install an awning at my backyard, do i need approval for that?

Thanks.

This post has been edited by lencent: Oct 8 2018, 10:21 AM
harddiskrepair
post Oct 17 2018, 08:56 AM

4 posts

Hello there! Anyone can help. I am planning to reno my house which is under MPPJ. Appreciate anyone who provide the service or the contact. Thank you rclxms.gif
TSGOSHEN
post Oct 18 2018, 03:06 PM

Getting Started
61 posts

QUOTE(lencent @ Oct 8 2018, 09:50 AM)
Hi,
Is this document still valid for reference? Do you know about requirement for MPS (Seremban)?
http://www.kkr.gov.my/files/Garis%20Pandua...%20Ubahsuai.pdf

According to the guideline, even installing plaster ceiling and built-in cabinet require permit. Is that true?
Also i'm looking to install an awning at my backyard, do i need approval for that?

Thanks.
Please find the following link for your reference (application of permit for awning):
http://www.mpsns.gov.my/sites/default/file..._bangunan_2.pdf
yaulei
post Nov 9 2018, 09:35 PM

29 posts

What about the fees for 2 storey extension at both the front and back of a terrace house? Fully extend.
brianccg
post Nov 12 2018, 11:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,020 posts

if it is sub-sales property and the house is more than 30 years, is CF from previous owner require? What if previous owner does not have a copy of the CF?
missysleepy
post Jul 28 2019, 11:50 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

https://www.thestar.com.my/metro/metro-news...rom-next-month/

MPSJ says 1 sq m also need to pay reno fee. is this a joke ? 1 sq m is kinda small reno.
TSGOSHEN
post Apr 30 2020, 11:05 AM

Getting Started
61 posts

Any extension of new area will need submission to local authorities for approval.
mohan78 P
post May 8 2020, 12:37 PM

Probation
1 posts

HI

how about if the next unit rent out by company from original owner~? who should i get the concern letter signed from? original owner or current tenant?

thanks

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0151sec    0.40    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:52 PM