4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Suicidal Friend, Please give advice what to do

views

TSBlueTicket
post Mar 7 2018, 10:26 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
74 posts

Guys, wat would u do if you have a suicidal friend?

first of all, im not sure if this girl is really depressed or just seeking for attention. She's 29 and she always think she's being treated unfairly by the world. I know her for very long since school time and even a tiny thing she can see it as a very big deal and ppl prejudice on her.

6 months ago, her father passed away and she was extremely sad. So i chatted with her and comforted her. After tat, she really got very annoying. She keep texting, calling and occassionally came to my office to find me.

Actually im not really close to her and her topics are usually very boring: all her rambling on how she's being treated unfairly in the office, her friends dislike her, things do not go the way she prefer and more. More often than not, i will layan her but if your advice is not what she want to hear, she will get angry.

There are times even she listen to you, it will repeat again the next day with the same old issue. Imagine if you are having a bad day and suddenly you receive a message telling u she's very sad and down bcoz of some petty issues (at least from my pov) and how unfair my life is better compared with hers. Like seriously wtf.... shakehead.gif

So i also malas want to layan and just ignore and she sent me 70++ messages in an hour or two. Some of the emails are about how she wished to die and tell me dun underestimate ppl with suicidal thoughts. I duno but it seems like threatening me if i dun layan, she will go suicide and post few gory pictures to me.

Honestly speaking, i feel quite disgusted with her attitude as it seems like a threatening me to chat with her. I did ask her to consult doctor like so many times and she refused to do so and said only me able to help her. If i could help, she wouldn't have been like this since 6 months ago.

So guys, if you were me, wat would you do?
post Mar 7 2018, 10:31 AM

Enthusiast
826 posts

passive suicidal driven won't talk much, they just do it. it's been like 6 months right and she's still alive right ? ignore saja la
pufferfish
post Mar 7 2018, 10:34 AM

Casual
430 posts

i think there are some suicide prevention hotline you can refer her to, and probably can bring her there as well...not sure about her but better don't risk it and ignore her suicidal thoughts

https://www.befrienders.org.my/
http://www.suicide.org/hotlines/internatio...e-hotlines.html

actually most ppl with depression will try to hide their sadness in front of ppl...just saying
COOLPINK
post Mar 7 2018, 10:36 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

maybe she likes you. brows.gif
ListenToTheWind
post Mar 7 2018, 10:43 AM

Casual
383 posts

Bad if she know where you work. She sound like a psycho. I'm sorry but if you wish to pull out, either you have to channel her attention to another person or you change your number, quit your job.
pandera999
post Mar 7 2018, 10:55 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

" if your advice is not what she want to hear, she will get angry." better dont give advice if she unable to accept it.
TSBlueTicket
post Mar 7 2018, 10:57 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(812799 @ Mar 7 2018, 10:31 AM)
passive suicidal driven won't talk much, they just do it. it's been like 6 months right and she's still alive right ? ignore saja la
i dun dare to completely ignore, sked she later really go suicide.
TSBlueTicket
post Mar 7 2018, 10:59 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(pandera999 @ Mar 7 2018, 10:55 AM)
" if your advice is not what she want to hear, she will get angry." better dont give advice if she unable to accept it.
yes, i dun really give her advice anymore bcoz she say i dun understand her and then got angry.

but if i don't, she will constantly ask for advice pulak so i just replied i duno....
TSBlueTicket
post Mar 7 2018, 11:00 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(COOLPINK @ Mar 7 2018, 10:36 AM)
maybe she likes you.  brows.gif
Cannot tahan sumone keep complaining almost about every single thing.
COOLPINK
post Mar 7 2018, 11:03 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

QUOTE(BlueTicket @ Mar 7 2018, 11:00 AM)
Cannot tahan sumone keep complaining almost about every single thing.
maybe she does that to get your attention. hmm.gif
try ask her out for movie. go theater cannot talk. brows.gif
TSBlueTicket
post Mar 7 2018, 11:06 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(COOLPINK @ Mar 7 2018, 11:03 AM)
maybe she does that to get your attention.  hmm.gif
try ask her out for movie. go theater cannot talk.  brows.gif
seriously, i dun really dare to be close to her.

as one of the forumer said here, a bit like psycho. I really feel that way when she sent me gory pictures.
COOLPINK
post Mar 7 2018, 11:15 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

QUOTE(BlueTicket @ Mar 7 2018, 11:06 AM)
seriously, i dun really dare to be close to her.

as one of the forumer said here, a bit like psycho. I really feel that way when she sent me gory pictures.
ok, ok.
what kind of gory pictures she send u?
TSBlueTicket
post Mar 7 2018, 11:22 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(COOLPINK @ Mar 7 2018, 11:15 AM)
ok, ok.
what kind of gory pictures she send u?
those ppl tat oredi suicide with so much blood.

Idk, from my pov she's giving a hint 'dun underestimate ppl with suicidal though bcoz i could be one of them...so talk to me.....'

i also sked to talk to her not to mention meeting her bcoz silap2 salah cakap she really go suicide. but sometimes she also give me a feeling that she's just attention seeker. When you layan you also feel sienz with her topics.

This post has been edited by BlueTicket: Mar 7 2018, 11:22 AM
pandera999
post Mar 7 2018, 11:34 AM

모든 것​에는 정해진 때​가 있으니
6,195 posts

QUOTE(BlueTicket @ Mar 7 2018, 10:59 AM)
yes, i dun really give her advice anymore bcoz she say i dun understand her and then got angry.

but if i don't, she will constantly ask for advice pulak so i just replied i duno....
think she is depression... or maybe need someone to listen to her. just listen and give a bit of positive opinion. no need give advice then as her attitude seems like ignorant. gt bf b4? breakup? or wat? why so sucidal?
COOLPINK
post Mar 7 2018, 11:38 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,263 posts

QUOTE(BlueTicket @ Mar 7 2018, 11:22 AM)
those ppl tat oredi suicide with so much blood.

Idk, from my pov she's giving a hint 'dun underestimate ppl with suicidal though bcoz i could be one of them...so talk to me.....'

i also sked to talk to her not to mention meeting her bcoz silap2 salah cakap she really go suicide. but sometimes she also give me a feeling that she's just attention seeker. When you layan you also feel sienz with her topics.
ask her get professional psychiatrist help.
i think she is in need of medication liao.
endymeon
post Mar 7 2018, 11:52 AM

Getting Started
193 posts

She sounded like a quite self centered person, usually they will not suicide, but they may try to suicide to get attention, which may end up into suicide accident.

What religious does she believe? You can ask her to join some religious group with her and help her get familiar with that group. From that she may able to know more people and become less dependent on you. As an extra she may be able to change her attitude if she is influence by these people.

Btw i'm atheist, but still religion is a good place to be when someone are lost.
TSBlueTicket
post Mar 7 2018, 11:55 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(pandera999 @ Mar 7 2018, 11:34 AM)
think she is depression... or maybe need someone to listen to her. just listen and give a bit of positive opinion. no need give advice then as her attitude seems like ignorant. gt bf b4? breakup? or wat? why so sucidal?
yes, in the beginning, i listened to her but when u do, she will spam a lot of messages. Keep talking to you like no end, and most of the problems that make her sad are really really small like she's very angry and sad because her colleague asked others want to eat chips or not but didnt ask her or they went to lunch without her.

she also likes to assume that everyone's life is better but not hers. Not sure if she got bf bcoz i din ask and she din tell.

The reason that she wants to suicide is because her life is not happy. Everything do not go the way she wanted and very unfair to her.
TSBlueTicket
post Mar 7 2018, 11:58 AM

Getting Started
74 posts

QUOTE(COOLPINK @ Mar 7 2018, 11:38 AM)
ask her get professional psychiatrist help.
i think she is in need of medication liao.
yes, i did.

I did suggest few times but she refused. I stopped suggesting when she got so mad and said "are you thinking that im crazy now?"

Now my problem is:

> i asked her go see doctor, she refused.
> She said only i could help her.
> I'm very sure i cannot bcoz otherwise this wouldnt have dragged for 6 months and still the same.
> Really tired listen to her complaint because she tells you that she's very sad and down almost everyday
> you layan, there's a possibility that you make her mad. you don't layan, she ugut you with suicide
yoyoi
post Mar 7 2018, 12:00 PM

34 posts

more like attention seeker or psychopath.
3rdEdition
post Mar 7 2018, 12:07 PM

Getting Started
210 posts

i have this 1 snr fren too. talking about suicidal, feeling useless.
some of us just ignore him. some do care for him.
after being comforted, he will be OK, looks happy and energetic and then emo again, repeating the cycle.

im not sure about ur fren but for my fren, he takes energy from attention and then will try empathize others but the fact he has never move on from the spiral he living in.
about how to handle such person, im not sure the best way but for me personally, need to balance between caring and ignoring or else that person will not move on and like a parasite need to be cared and comforted at all times.

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0148sec    0.33    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:13 AM