Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Honor 9 Lite Discussion

views

tvcat
post Nov 8 2018, 10:46 PM

Mr. Dumb Dumb
2,860 posts

QUOTE(thana146 @ Nov 8 2018, 10:32 PM)
will it survive minor drops or very fragile for screen crack on simple drop.
Cause im getting this for my father. Chances of dropping it would be high..
there is glass at the front and back, and well glass is glass and glass will break.
this phone come with a case.
or maybe get other model with metal or plastic back and put tempered glass at the front.
thana146
post Nov 8 2018, 10:52 PM

Getting Started
205 posts

QUOTE(tvcat @ Nov 8 2018, 10:46 PM)
there is glass at the front and back, and well glass is glass and glass will break.
this phone come with a case.
or maybe get other model with metal or plastic back and put tempered glass at the front.
the phone fit target price.. as you said im worried due to the glass..
seikoho1
post Mar 24 2019, 10:07 AM

Getting Started
284 posts

Honor make good phones...much better than cheaper class of Samsung...
tvcat
post Apr 13 2019, 01:17 PM

Mr. Dumb Dumb
2,860 posts

latest update 138 bring gesture navigation
i think soon will update to pie brows.gif
HiperPanda
post Jun 25 2019, 06:10 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

It seem the 1st Huawei/Honor phones of my family to get EMUI 9.1!!
Even my Nova 3, 3i, Y9 2019 & Honor Play are still with EMUI 9.0, & worst Honor 8X is still Oreo's EMUI 8.2.

user posted image

tvcat
post Jun 25 2019, 06:16 PM

Mr. Dumb Dumb
2,860 posts

QUOTE(HiperPanda @ Jun 25 2019, 06:10 PM)
It seem the 1st Huawei/Honor phones of my family to get EMUI 9.1!!
Even my Nova 3, 3i, Y9 2019 & Honor Play are still with EMUI 9.0, & worst Honor 8X  is still Oreo's EMUI 8.2.

user posted image
damn u beat me to it, im about to post the same thing lol
really salute to huawei as they still commit even with the huge sanction by the US
Silfrijin
post Jun 25 2019, 11:05 PM

Super 7even Stars
2,127 posts

Those waiting can go to HiCare app, click on Update to enable the process kickstarted.
HiperPanda
post Jun 26 2019, 03:03 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(Silfrijin @ Jun 25 2019, 11:05 PM)
Those waiting can go to HiCare app, click on Update to enable the process kickstarted.
Which version HiCare? From long times already see HiCare, even when got patch updates on Software Update page, click Update on HiCare, will always tell you, "your system is up to date". Seem like HiCare is bugged.
Silfrijin
post Jun 26 2019, 06:46 PM

Super 7even Stars
2,127 posts

QUOTE(HiperPanda @ Jun 26 2019, 03:03 PM)
Which version HiCare? From long times already see HiCare, even when got patch updates on Software Update page, click Update on HiCare, will always tell you, "your system is up to date". Seem like HiCare is bugged.
Patient, maybe your are in the next batch. Just try from time to time.
tvcat
post Jul 4 2019, 07:27 PM

Mr. Dumb Dumb
2,860 posts

in case u guys wish to have google camera this 2 mods will work on this phone

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/...G2-beta/#apk992

https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/android/...dev-bsg/#apk982

i prefer the arnova8G2 mod
tvcat
post Aug 16 2019, 07:57 AM

Mr. Dumb Dumb
2,860 posts

2.96GB for july security update, should've list out all the changes

user posted image

This post has been edited by tvcat: Aug 16 2019, 07:58 AM
Nuke
post Aug 22 2019, 08:41 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

My phone recently got updated with EMUI 9 causing my phone lag like hell. Any advice?
versey
post Aug 22 2019, 08:59 PM

I Love Huawei ^_^
948 posts

QUOTE(Nuke @ Aug 22 2019, 08:41 PM)
My phone recently got updated with EMUI 9 causing my phone lag like hell. Any advice?
Do factory reset

https://www.hihonor.com/global/blog/how-to-...et-honor-phone/
HiperPanda
post Aug 22 2019, 10:59 PM

Getting Started
92 posts

QUOTE(Nuke @ Aug 22 2019, 08:41 PM)
QUOTE(versey @ Aug 22 2019, 08:59 PM)
Do factory reset only as your last & final option when all things still cannot resolve lag problems.

But before taking that option, perhaps you may want to consider other two options 1st.
1) wipe cache partition.
Shut down the phone. Then, start the phone back by press & hold start + volume up button together. Wait until Huawei/Honor logo appear then can release pressing both buttons. A menu of options will appear: reboot; factory reset; & wipe cache partition. Select the latter & wait until it finish. Then select reboot to restart the phone.

2) Reset all setting.
If the option 1 mentioned above still cannot fix the lag, then this should be your next step.
This option will reset all your network settings, fingerprints, face recognition data, lock screen password, homescreen themes & wallpaper to factory default. But this option will not erase any of your saved files & photos/videos.
For EMUI 9.0/9.1, go to Setting>System>Reset>Reset all settings & tap on "Reset All Settings" button. It will ask you the enter lock screen password/pattern before begin resetting.

Those two should fix the lag problems. I did just those 2 for my son's H9L & it smooth again. In fact, it smoother than it last condition before the EMUI 9 upgrades.

If still lag then factory reset is your last option. Before that, make sure you do backup those saved files, photos videos & apps to your pc using hisuite. Make sure use good usb cable to avoid any files/photos corrupted during the file transfers.

This post has been edited by HiperPanda: Aug 22 2019, 11:00 PM
Nuke
post Aug 23 2019, 11:18 AM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(HiperPanda @ Aug 22 2019, 10:59 PM)
Do factory reset only as your last & final option when all things still cannot resolve lag problems.

But before taking that option, perhaps you may want to consider other two options 1st.
1) wipe cache partition.
Shut down the phone. Then, start the phone back by press & hold start + volume up button together. Wait until Huawei/Honor logo appear then can release pressing both buttons. A menu of options will appear: reboot; factory reset; & wipe cache partition. Select the latter & wait until it finish. Then select reboot to restart the phone.

2) Reset all setting.
If the option 1 mentioned above still cannot fix the lag, then this should be your next step.
This option will reset all your network settings, fingerprints, face recognition data, lock screen password, homescreen themes & wallpaper to factory default. But this option will not erase any of your saved files & photos/videos.
For EMUI 9.0/9.1, go to Setting>System>Reset>Reset all settings & tap on "Reset All Settings" button. It will ask you the enter lock screen password/pattern before begin resetting.

Those two should fix the lag problems. I did just those 2 for my son's H9L & it smooth again. In fact, it smoother than it last condition before the EMUI 9 upgrades.

If still lag then factory reset is your last option. Before that, make sure you do backup those saved files, photos videos & apps to your pc using hisuite. Make sure use good usb cable to avoid any files/photos corrupted during the file transfers.
Hey, thanks for the tips. Tried the 1st option and I can see some improvement (for now).

Factory reset would be the last resort.

7 Pages « < 5 6 7Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0249sec    0.10    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:01 PM