Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Survivor (US) - Anybody watches?, Nobody talks about it?

miyakochan89
post Mar 13 2018, 02:22 PM

Vivre sur la corde raide
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Mar 13 2018, 02:20 PM)
Haiyah both are still sexist end of the day😄😄👎👎
Some reality shows can be very cringy. haha! But damn the americans love it.

booby
post Mar 16 2018, 04:12 PM

oh god why

still showing? macam no see any adverts on tv
miyakochan89
post Mar 16 2018, 04:31 PM

Vivre sur la corde raide

QUOTE(booby @ Mar 16 2018, 04:12 PM)
still showing? macam no see any adverts on tv
Not sure, I stream them. haha!
AskarPerang
post Mar 17 2018, 11:11 AM

~tUPaI...~

used to watch many seasons of this.
ultimately winner require luck on the side too. and every decision is a possible million dollar decision. the unknown of what's going to happen next is what makes this reality show interesting. probably seeing the dark side of human too. outkill just to win.

got a few type of rare winner before:
- no social skill but got on an immunity streak run to win. and is hard to win every challenge coz some challenge physical, some mental and some require some teaming up with another fellow contestant
- never won individual immunity. tag along and won not coz of social skill but got sore loser judges (the contestant voted out previously will vote back who the ultimate winner) who dont feel happy to vote the mastermind that voted them out in the first place
miyakochan89
post Mar 17 2018, 12:58 PM

Vivre sur la corde raide

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Mar 17 2018, 11:11 AM)
used to watch many seasons of this.
ultimately winner require luck on the side too. and every decision is a possible million dollar decision. the unknown of what's going to happen next is what makes this reality show interesting. probably seeing the dark side of human too. outkill just to win.

got a few type of rare winner before:
- no social skill but got on an immunity streak run to win. and is hard to win every challenge coz some challenge physical, some mental and some require some teaming up with another fellow contestant
- never won individual immunity. tag along and won not coz of social skill but got sore loser judges (the contestant voted out previously will vote back who the ultimate winner) who dont feel happy to vote the mastermind that voted them out in the first place
Some of the episodes can be quite boring. I mean even with the whole 30+ seasons I can only name a few that really stood out than the rest, I am sure if you take a look at Reddit and such, they would say the same, because of the mixture of people and mostly you have very strong personalities and characters in the mix. And these are the few episodes which would make you say 'wow! He or she really deserves it!". The rest of the winners are quite bland. Haha!

AskarPerang
post Mar 17 2018, 09:58 PM

~tUPaI...~

Russell, the best survivor player not to win due to the above stated factor #2.
miyakochan89
post Mar 18 2018, 12:04 PM

Vivre sur la corde raide

QUOTE(AskarPerang @ Mar 17 2018, 09:58 PM)
Russell, the best survivor player not to win due to the above stated factor #2.
Sorry to say but he is not that good. Against all the other opponents with him in the final, he stands no chance against them. He is a good villain, provide a lot of entertainment for the show. But his playing style will never land him anywhere, I mean severing all the ties on the way to the top, ha ha ha. If survivor is about who's the biggest social killer game, then yes he wins. And he used scare, threaten tactics to prey on the weak, the oldest bullying trick in the book. Against those prey that isn't afraid of him, he doesn't stand a chance. Look at Sandra and Parvati, they were never afraid of him. But they were smart enough to make use of his ego.

But if I have to compare him with Johnny Fairpay, I think Russell is better. Johnny just irks me everywhere. Lol.

This post has been edited by miyakochan89: Mar 18 2018, 12:05 PM
ChickenWing24
post Mar 18 2018, 02:14 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Mar 18 2018, 12:04 PM)
Sorry to say but he is not that good. Against all the other opponents with him in the final, he stands no chance against them. He is a good villain, provide a lot of entertainment for the show. But his playing style will never land him anywhere, I mean severing all the ties on the way to the top, ha ha ha. If survivor is about who's the biggest social killer game, then yes he wins. And he used scare, threaten tactics to prey on the weak, the oldest bullying trick in the book. Against those prey that isn't afraid of him, he doesn't stand a chance. Look at Sandra and Parvati, they were never afraid of him. But they were smart enough to make use of his ego.

But if I have to compare him with Johnny Fairpay, I think Russell is better. Johnny just irks me everywhere. Lol.
Agreeeeeeeeeeed. Many people fail to realise that Survivor is not about merely getting to the end. There is another element to it which is convincing the juries that you should win the whole damn thing. The social element is what he's missing, or rather refuses to acknowledge when playing.

Having said that, I still think is a pretty damn good player. He is pretty decent in challenges and quite a smart player as well. He can also be 'sociable' when he wants to. Problem is, he can' see the importance of that which then becomes his downfall.

You seem like a die hard fan, watching the latest season? What are your thoughts about the theme this season?
EmoGuy91
post Jun 13 2018, 01:23 PM

Group: Newbie

All hails to the Queen Sandra Diaz-Twine.

EmoGuy91
post Jun 13 2018, 02:08 PM

Back to topic, I quit around S33 MvGX halfway because I really hate Jeff milking the theme way overboard and then unpopular opinion I know GP love MvGX but personally I found MvGX cast underwhelming and I knew my decision was right to ditch MvGX halfway after roughly know the progress through reading episode/season writeup on other forum and watch video highlights from Youtube. I don't think US Survivor will never reached back to the glory days now the post KR season editing ditch character development element to focus on ultra meta gameplay/BIG MOVEZ.

Now I think I might plan to watch Aussie and South African version in future cause I heard it's good.
skylinelover
post Jun 13 2018, 09:58 PM

Pro Racing Kakis😄👊Driver Abamsado😎😎Investor

QUOTE(EmoGuy91 @ Jun 13 2018, 02:08 PM)
Back to topic, I quit around S33 MvGX halfway because I really hate Jeff milking the theme way overboard and then unpopular opinion I know GP love MvGX but personally I found MvGX cast underwhelming and I knew my decision was right to ditch MvGX halfway after roughly know the progress through reading episode/season writeup on other forum and watch video highlights from Youtube. I don't think US Survivor will never reached back to the glory days now the post KR season editing ditch character development element to focus on ultra meta gameplay/BIG MOVEZ.

Now I think I might plan to watch Aussie and South African version in future cause I heard it's good.
Haha just like other american tv

After season 5-6 it drops beyond boredom

laugh.gif doh.gif
miyakochan89
post Jun 14 2018, 09:33 AM

Vivre sur la corde raide

QUOTE(EmoGuy91 @ Jun 13 2018, 02:08 PM)

QUOTE(skylinelover @ Jun 13 2018, 09:58 PM)
Haha just like other american tv

After season 5-6 it drops beyond boredom

laugh.gif doh.gif
happens to all reality tv shows ever. Only pick the selected ones to watch myself. hehe!
All the popular ones are the oldies.
EmoGuy91
post Jun 14 2018, 01:26 PM

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Jun 14 2018, 09:33 AM)
happens to all reality tv shows ever. Only pick the selected ones to watch myself. hehe!
All the popular ones are the oldies.
Yeah The old reason have high quality like Amazon, PI, and China. But there's still modern season that's good like HvV, Philippines, Cagayan, SJDS and KR but too bad modern season quality not really consistent to older season and produce a bunch of bland/meh or outright shitty season like Redemption Island.
littlejoe_mov
post Jun 14 2018, 06:16 PM

I've got a few seasons to catch up but yeah I watch too.
EmoGuy91
post Jun 19 2018, 01:45 PM

QUOTE(miyakochan89 @ Mar 18 2018, 12:04 PM)

I think Fairplay was better by default because at least he didn't like Russhole causing Samoa and to the less extent HvV editing terribly unbalanced with many castaways been underedited and became irrelevant because of that. And also I really really hate Russhole narrative that he was robbed by bitter jury while in reality you made very single jury hate you, but sadly there's still have fans eaten up by his misguided narrative and won fan favorites awards on Samoa and HvV what the fuck how misguided the Survivor fans back then, and his misguided view on the jury almost destroyed the integrity of the Survivor as a show itself.

Kinda off topic a little bit, but I think these articles might give some interesting insight on the fall on Russhole Hantz.
(Part 1 Samoa version) http://funny115.com/v2/50.htm
(Part 2 HvV version) http://funny115.com/v2/2.htm

But regardless both Jonny Fairplay and Russhole are ended by the only Survivor Queen Sandra Diaz-Twine get the millions twice.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0641sec    1.81    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th June 2018 - 06:06 AM