Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Learning Korean and Working in Korea, Korean working holiday concept

views

TSjasonpower
post Mar 4 2018, 10:16 PM, updated 7y ago

7 posts

Hello, I am Jaeyong from South Korea.

I heard my Malaysian friend that this forum is one of hot community in Malaysia. So, I am writing to get some advise from you guys.

Actually, I've worked many years in Korean companies. So, at this time I am trying to make own biz.

That is Korean working holiday concept.

I made several connection with Universities in Korea and business guys.

So, I want to make working holiday program.

In day time, learning Korean language in official university and then afternoon doing part time job in Seoul.

Normally Korean university's official lecturing quality is very higher than private education.

I can arrange all of things interview for entrance and occupying cheap room and arranging part-time job.

Expected budget is that

Tuition fee : one semester : 4560 MYR Totally 4 semester per year. for one year :18,210 MYR

Expected earning from part time job: I can arrange simple physical works monthly pay 3650 MYR to 7000 MYR

Room charge: around 1820 MYR sharing room

So, if you work in Korea, you can pay all money by yourself. And, you can enter master course is more easier after finishing language course.

I'd like to know your opinion and advise about this course is attractive to Malaysian or not .

Thanks a lot. If you have interests send email to me (jasonpower@hanmail.net). I will share material and conducting.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
TSjasonpower
post Mar 7 2018, 10:14 AM

7 posts

ㅜㅜ
citizen162888
post Mar 11 2018, 04:45 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

QUOTE(jasonpower @ Mar 4 2018, 10:16 PM)

I heard my Malaysian friend that this forum is one of hot community in Malaysia. So, I am writing to get some advise from you guys.

Actually, I've worked many years in Korean companies. So, at this time I am trying to make own biz.

In day time, learning Korean language in official university and then afternoon doing part time job in Seoul.

Normally Korean university's official lecturing quality is very higher than private education.

I can arrange all of things interview for entrance and occupying cheap room and arranging part-time job.

Expected budget is that

Tuition fee  : one semester : 4560 MYR  Totally 4 semester per year. for one year :18,210 MYR

Expected earning from part time job: I can arrange simple physical works monthly pay 3650 MYR to 7000 MYR

So, if you work in Korea, you can pay all money by yourself. And, you can enter master course is more easier after finishing language course.

I'd like to know your opinion and advise about this course is attractive to Malaysian or not .

Thanks a lot. If you have interests send email to me (jasonpower@hanmail.net). I will share material and conducting.
It is noted Korea is a tiger economy and a superior nation is Asia and in the eyes of the West. For the miracle of the Han river, you race can punch above your weight and have automatic respect in everywhere you go Your performance in the Olympics proof Asian physically small but able to refine the body to beat the bigger western bodies. Your nation world number 8 in economy and top 5 most advanced nations on earth. Having said that, your university is not appealing to Malaysian because of the English language inferior. No offence here, this is market perception, that will change when Korea embrace more openess, coming out no more as the Hermit Kingdom living in the shadows of big China, Japan and North Korean military threat. Korea has change so much, it will improve in time. Malaysia education market focus on english language, as we are colony of England before, and the legacy and similarity of thoughts and techniques with the west(UK). By attaining Australia, UK, USA education, some Malaysian think about migrating to these location for better living or better economic conditions. This the Korean education cannot meet, even in the future English is superior. But there is so much different apart that we are asians. I have work in Samsung Okpo, Hyundae Ulsan, I see for my self the quality work and high ethics on the job and very very high integrity honesty traditional Taoism/Confucian (as in the I Ching pakua of the Korean Flag) upbringing we should learn from Korea.

If you are in business, i suggest you do Korean food and products. We like korean food like crazy. We like korean phone, cars, fridge electrical and electronics. We like korean knowledge to build our roads, our twin towers, our refineries and ships and oil rigs, and tunnels through mountains. All the best.
citizen162888
post Mar 11 2018, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

QUOTE(citizen162888 @ Mar 11 2018, 04:45 PM)
It is noted Korea is a tiger economy and a superior nation is Asia and in the eyes of the West. For the miracle of the Han river, you race can punch above your weight and have automatic respect in everywhere you go Your performance in the Olympics proof Asian physically small but able to refine the body to beat the bigger western bodies. Your nation world number 8 in economy and top 5 most advanced nations on earth. Having said that, your university is not appealing to Malaysian because of the English language inferior. No offence here, this is market perception, that will change when Korea embrace more openess, coming out no more as the Hermit Kingdom living in the shadows of big China, Japan and North Korean military threat. Korea has change so much, it will improve in time. Malaysia education market focus on english language, as we are colony of England before, and the legacy and similarity of thoughts and techniques with the west(UK). By attaining Australia, UK, USA education, some Malaysian think about migrating to these location for better living or better economic conditions. This the Korean education cannot meet, even in the future English is superior. But there is so much different apart that we are asians. I have work in Samsung Okpo, Hyundae Ulsan, I see for my self the quality work and high ethics on the job and very very high integrity honesty traditional Taoism/Confucian (as in the I Ching pakua of the Korean Flag) upbringing we should learn from Korea.

If you are in business, i suggest you do Korean food and products. We like korean food like crazy. We like korean phone, cars, fridge electrical and electronics. We like korean knowledge to build our roads, our twin towers, our refineries and ships and oil rigs, and tunnels through mountains. All the best.
not to forget korean cosmetics and snacks
TSjasonpower
post Mar 13 2018, 11:02 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(citizen162888 @ Mar 11 2018, 05:48 PM)
not to forget korean cosmetics and snacks
Wow I am really appreciate for your great advise. You must know well about Korea. I can feel you understand about Korea very correctly.
But, I think learning Korean language can give many opportunity to Malay guys. Many of Korean companies are looking for Malaysian Korean speaker. Malaysian market is one of fast developing market thesedays.
I searched many time in job site, many companies are looking for Korean speaker in KL.
I wanna give some development chance to Malay guys.
illogical_silver
post Mar 13 2018, 03:31 PM

Getting Started
56 posts

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/nation/2018...ng-underground/

just saying
TSjasonpower
post Mar 15 2018, 10:44 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(illogical_silver @ Mar 13 2018, 04:31 PM)
No, I will not never recommend illegal works. Officially, student visa guys can work in Korea after 6 months from arriving first time. And then I will arrange proper part-time job in Korea.

Don't worry like this situations.
citizen162888
post Mar 19 2018, 06:41 AM

Getting Started
177 posts

QUOTE(jasonpower @ Mar 13 2018, 11:02 AM)
Wow I am really appreciate for your great advise. You must know well about Korea. I can feel you understand about Korea very correctly.
But, I think learning Korean language can give many opportunity to Malay guys. Many of Korean companies are looking for Malaysian Korean speaker. Malaysian market is one of fast developing market thesedays.
I searched many time in job site, many companies are looking for Korean speaker in KL.
I wanna give some development chance to Malay guys.
It is too simplistic to jump into education business.. In many sense, you have to meet regulations of the ministry of education. First, you must get approval, then the MQA has recognize the course and certification. That is government. Then the professional bodies need to recognize. This is crucial when malaysian make education decision.

Then to penetrate malay market , you need to look into religious and halal aspect of work, food and way of life. Such consideration will make it appealing and marketable.

If companies need korean speaker, they can stay in korea. If korean companies need to go global they need english. Thats the world order now.

By the way, have you done your market analysis on how many korean speakers needed in malaysia?

TSjasonpower
post Mar 19 2018, 10:26 AM

7 posts

QUOTE(citizen162888 @ Mar 19 2018, 07:41 AM)
It is too simplistic to jump into education business.. In many sense, you have to meet regulations of the ministry of education. First, you must get approval, then the MQA has recognize the course and certification. That is government. Then the professional bodies need to recognize. This is crucial when malaysian make education decision.

Then to penetrate malay market , you need to look into religious and halal aspect of work, food and way of life. Such consideration will make it appealing and marketable.

If companies need korean speaker, they can stay in korea. If korean companies need to go global they need english. Thats the world order now.

By the way, have you done your market analysis on how many korean speakers needed in malaysia?
Great points and advises.
This my biz is in the beginning stage now . It is kind of feasibility study stage.
Especially, I searched only job site for Korean speaker position, in my search, there are quite many.
And, Malaysia market has huge potential in the future because Malaysia has charming natural resource and diversity languages speakers.

So, many of Korean companies will make biz in Malaysia like southen asia hub branch.

And then, low birth rate issue is serious problem in Korea. Korea will need a lot of human resource who can work in Korea in the future.

Your advise will be very helpful my future works. Thanks a lot.
citizen162888
post Mar 19 2018, 06:53 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

All the best my friend.
TSjasonpower
post Mar 20 2018, 04:58 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(citizen162888 @ Mar 19 2018, 07:53 PM)
All the best my friend.
Thanks bro. Maybe I will stay in KL next month.
citizen162888
post Mar 20 2018, 06:34 PM

Getting Started
177 posts

QUOTE(jasonpower @ Mar 20 2018, 04:58 PM)
Thanks bro. Maybe I will stay in KL next month.
just after sakura season in korea

HP Computer
post Mar 21 2018, 02:55 PM

Getting Started
168 posts

QUOTE(jasonpower @ Mar 15 2018, 11:44 AM)
No, I will not never recommend illegal works. Officially, student visa guys can work in Korea after 6 months from arriving first time. And then I will arrange proper part-time job in Korea.

Don't worry like this situations.
If students (with student visa) can only work as part timer after 6 months on arrival, what can the students do after the morning classes in the first 6 months?? How can the student sustain thier life there without part time income?

Bear in mind that the medical fee is expensive in korea so will u provide them medical insurance?

Sorry but i think your plan has many flaws

This post has been edited by HP Computer: Mar 21 2018, 02:57 PM
mincafe
post Mar 22 2018, 05:27 PM

Getting Started
187 posts

QUOTE(jasonpower @ Mar 4 2018, 11:16 PM)

Expected budget is that

Tuition fee  : one semester : 4560 MYR  Totally 4 semester per year. for one year :18,210 MYR

pm detail
zhujie18@gmail.com

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0155sec    0.52    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:18 AM