Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

how to work for boss with such attitude, verbally abusive, inconsiderate, stingy

views

TSazlanjusuh
post Mar 15 2018, 04:39 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(bunny65 @ Mar 15 2018, 12:36 PM)
Haha, I really hope you don't resort to smashing keyboards in your employer's face.

Well based purely on your description (as much as I would love to hear both sides of the story), she seems like an uptight person. There is not much you can do about it if that's the case. Start looking for a new employer before you end up getting fired. Are you entitled to severance pay or compensation if you get fired? If yes, perhaps this might be the reason why she's being so hard on you (i.e. making you quit instead of firing you)?

Being able to adapt to change is a skill that every employee should have. However, when the changes are being made so frequently in an unreasonable pace, the company/employer is partly (or mostly) to blame. Sounds like your employer needs better financial management skills to prevent such issues from happening again. Perhaps your hands are indeed tied in this case.

Great job on your taking initiative to improve/change yourself and keeping up  rclxms.gif  Sorry for not understanding your situation completely in my previous reply. If I were you, I'd definitely start looking for a better job elsewhere. Meanwhile, all the best in staying afloat! smile.gif
LOL and the severance pay is supposed to make her lose more money? of course aaaaa why didnt i think about that eh aiyo rclxub.gif
Autocountstick
post Mar 15 2018, 04:43 PM

Casual
465 posts

tough time for you bro, asap get other jobs. now depend on who fastest... of coz meanwhile you have do better n humble...
TSazlanjusuh
post Mar 15 2018, 04:48 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(Autocountstick @ Mar 15 2018, 04:43 PM)
tough time for you bro, asap get other jobs. now depend on who fastest... of coz meanwhile you have do better n humble...
tough times but i plan to survive, even that third letter come in i will appeal. if there is no room for me anymore that is when i leave. tough career choices but i did not plan to fail so i should be okay
olman
post Mar 16 2018, 06:11 AM

Regular
1,982 posts

Giving u warning letter is already a big hint that they wanted you out.

There are better places to be than to swallow all those abusive words.
Salary man sells time and effort not dignity.

unknowndatax
post Mar 16 2018, 06:16 AM

1 posts

Go get a new life bro ... if the environment is such then you wont enjoy working there...it will only make you tensed and stress.
blu3gyrl
post Mar 16 2018, 11:40 PM

Getting Started
138 posts

Such tough environment and yet you’re determined to give yourself a year to see how things work out. I think this should be applaudded. Your bro is right. Every company has their own drawbacks and it gets shittier as you go up. Grass is not always greener on the other side. It’s greener where you nurture and water it.

I think few things about work that degree doesn’t teach you or prepare you is the softskills and people management. For every company you go to, you need to learn to follow instructions and standards. Just because you know (or think you know) a better way to do it, doesn’t mean you can do it that way. You can always suggest, but when doing work, always follow instructions.

But do consider this when you’re working, gaining your boss’s trust is very important. And make effort to build friendship with colleagues outside work hours. You will never know they might help you some day down the road.
TSazlanjusuh
post Mar 17 2018, 05:32 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(olman @ Mar 16 2018, 06:11 AM)
Giving u warning letter is already a big hint that they wanted you out.

There are better places to be than to swallow all those abusive words.
Salary man sells time and effort not dignity.
and i thought diamonds are formed under extremities of surroundings.

i plan to still give it a year. but of course if i get fired i will at least get that severance check (which can fund my beach life for the next few months till i get another job huhu

i hate being the salary man, thought i can kumpul big money by becoming a salary man aiyooo whever created this mindset and social system, wanted us all to be mediocres lah

rclxub.gif

sweat.gif
bunny65
post Mar 18 2018, 10:39 AM

Casual
332 posts

QUOTE(azlanjusuh @ Mar 17 2018, 05:32 PM)
and i thought diamonds are formed under extremities of surroundings.

i plan to still give it a year. but of course if i get fired i will at least get that severance check (which can fund my beach life for the next few months till i get another job huhu

i hate being the salary man, thought i can kumpul big money by becoming a salary man aiyooo whever created this mindset and social system, wanted us all to be mediocres lah

rclxub.gif

sweat.gif
Kudos to your patience and determination. Try to look at the positive things you have learned while at this job (e.g. ability to handle difficult situations? whistling.gif ), and use them to your advantage in your next job hunt/interview. But remember, never talk bad/complain about your current employer when interviewing for your next job in the future no matter how much it sucked working for her. It's okay to rant it all out here in LYN, but let's just keep it contained here in the forums smile.gif

Best wishes!
kelvin_87
post Mar 18 2018, 11:52 AM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(azlanjusuh @ Mar 15 2018, 04:36 PM)
well she is actually uptight, as in no room for stupid questions, senseless humor, would definitely shame you in front of others so to prove her point, and always intentionally misunderstand a person to make them re-think again what is being said to the boss.

changes to procedure always made best to not spending anything at all, financially speaking i am not getting any workers benefit except for OT allowances on top of the agreed basics. and the funny thing is, i am the engineer, only not getting paid like one.  ranting.gif 

tak apa lah i did asked some career advice from my brother who calls himself the Ass Man and he did say the further up you go the more shittier it is so you better prepare yourself right now. and i would find a job elsewhere, but i am gonna give this company at least a year, or we see how things goes, thanks!

thank you all for the good advices (not to mention the unnecessary insult thrown along the way)!
You are awesome man! I have the similar mindset when I am working for this kind of people.
When you are working with these people and company, you are learning the attitude of getting things done in the very aggressive ways, which lead you to have stronger personality and getting things done.

Is great place to harsh to yourself and become diamond, but don't stay too long as it will affect your morale and confident level.

Again, well done bro. Stay there 1 year and get out there rclxms.gif
TSazlanjusuh
post Mar 18 2018, 01:22 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(blu3gyrl @ Mar 16 2018, 11:40 PM)
Such tough environment and yet you’re determined to give yourself a year to see how things work out. I think this should be applaudded. Your bro is right. Every company has their own drawbacks and it gets shittier as you go up. Grass is not always greener on the other side. It’s greener where you nurture and water it.

I think few things about work that degree doesn’t teach you or prepare you is the softskills and people management. For every company you go to, you need to learn to follow instructions and standards. Just because you know (or think you know) a better way to do it, doesn’t mean you can do it that way. You can always suggest, but when doing work, always follow instructions.

But do consider this when you’re working, gaining your boss’s trust is very important. And make effort to build friendship with colleagues outside work hours. You will never know they might help you some day down the road.
yeah i thought so to. my boss said to me to train me to do understand my job, jadi makin pandai not makin bodoh one. so i crossed favouritism issue in my mind.

eventually i will build up trust and responsibilities with my boss along the way. just have to go through this 'past probation but still getting the hang of the bigger picture" period
TSazlanjusuh
post Mar 18 2018, 01:28 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(kelvin_87 @ Mar 18 2018, 11:52 AM)
You are awesome man! I have the similar mindset when I am working for this kind of people.
When you are working with these people and company, you are learning the attitude of getting things done in the very aggressive ways, which lead you to have stronger personality and getting things done.

Is great place to harsh to yourself and become diamond, but don't stay too long as it will affect your morale and confident level.

Again, well done bro. Stay there 1 year and get out there  rclxms.gif
lol and my confidence level are already tarnish by my boss. confused.gif

i will give it a year, max 18 months (job searching period ill the right offer arise), BUT if any popportunities arise before that i will hop on to the next bandwagon.

why stay if youre not happy right? doh.gif

I JUST DONT WANT TO GET STUCK IN THE VICIOUS FRESH GRAD CYCLE OF "I CANT GET A JOB BECAUSE I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE, I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE THAT IS WHY I COULD NOT GET THE JOB"

it is an ugly one rclxub.gif

thanks for the support forumers! of course this will stay and end here in LYN haha icon_rolleyes.gif
TSazlanjusuh
post Mar 18 2018, 01:35 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(bunny65 @ Mar 18 2018, 10:39 AM)
Kudos to your patience and determination. Try to look at the positive things you have learned while at this job (e.g. ability to handle difficult situations? whistling.gif ), and use them to your advantage in your next job hunt/interview. But remember, never talk bad/complain about your current employer when interviewing for your next job in the future no matter how much it sucked working for her. It's okay to rant it all out here in LYN, but let's just keep it contained here in the forums smile.gif

Best wishes!
huhu all the great tips i could use to deffo score my next interview, thanks!!

these are my dilemma actually, pros and cons:

STAY AND i will have the opportunity to understand the whole picture of the marine operations department (since i work and report directly to the manager)

learn so many things about both land and sea transportation (technical, and certifications) and stand to become the office/port officer on my next career step

listen to captain's, chief officers, aka senior's seafaring experience and learn the few tips and tricks to getting things done creatively while at sea (sea surviving tips)

all these stuffs are borne in my mind weighted the scales to the biggest con

LEAVE BECAUSE

shitty time management
shitty pay (poor salary package)
shitty boss

well what do you think guys?
Harold2009
post Mar 18 2018, 01:52 PM

On my way
526 posts

QUOTE(azlanjusuh @ Mar 18 2018, 01:35 PM)
huhu all the great tips i could  use to deffo score my next interview, thanks!!
these are my dilemma actually, pros and cons:

STAY AND i will have the opportunity to understand the whole picture of the marine operations department (since i work and report directly to the manager)

learn so many things about both land and sea transportation (technical, and certifications) and stand to become the office/port officer on my next career step

listen to captain's, chief officers, aka senior's seafaring experience and learn the few tips and tricks to getting things done creatively while at sea (sea surviving tips)
all these stuffs are borne in my mind weighted the scales to the biggest con

LEAVE BECAUSE

shitty time management
shitty pay (poor salary package)
shitty boss

well what do you think guys?
Yeah, better doing own business if you staying in Malaysia, being own boss/worker much better, makan gaji in any private sector mostly so worse in whole Malaysia, especially bad time management & poor salary package. Makan gaji only quite comfort if you work with government sector. Rich opportunity for promotion's aka "naik pangkat = naik gaji", lot's of holidays and so on other benefits. That is the fact.
kelvin_87
post Mar 19 2018, 01:38 AM

Casual
312 posts

QUOTE(azlanjusuh @ Mar 18 2018, 01:28 PM)
lol and my confidence level are already tarnish by my boss.  confused.gif

i will give it a year, max 18 months (job searching period ill the right offer arise), BUT if any popportunities arise before that i will hop on to the next bandwagon. 

why stay if youre not happy right?  doh.gif

I JUST DONT WANT TO GET STUCK IN THE VICIOUS FRESH GRAD CYCLE OF "I CANT GET A JOB BECAUSE I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE, I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE THAT IS WHY I COULD NOT GET THE JOB"

it is an ugly one  rclxub.gif

thanks for the support forumers! of course this will stay and end here in LYN haha  icon_rolleyes.gif
yea bro! Confident is more than anything. I remember I work for a shitty boss that never happy with my performance no matter what I do, and I've done so much compared to their other peers. That is really break down the confident level. Then I promise myself I won't let this idiot do the same again.

Fresh grad cycle is all depend how you learn during the period of time, and how well you can present to the interviewer, nothing to do with year of experience.
there are people who are 5 years experience earn RM5K, vs same year of experience but earning RM10K.

Is how you convince the interviewer why you can take up the responsibility and able to lead the people or drive to get the result.
We are here for youuuuuuuuuu rclxms.gif
TSazlanjusuh
post Mar 19 2018, 05:13 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(Harold2009 @ Mar 18 2018, 01:52 PM)
Yeah, better doing own business if you staying in Malaysia, being own boss/worker much better, makan gaji in any private sector mostly so worse in whole Malaysia, especially bad time management & poor salary package. Makan gaji only quite comfort if you work with government sector. Rich opportunity for promotion's aka "naik pangkat = naik gaji", lot's of holidays and so on other benefits.  That is the fact.
huhu and the basis of working life for me is this

kerja untuk gaji, gaji untuk kerja (since no allowance whatsoever)

i will be on the lookout for business opportunities along the way, but thanks!
TSazlanjusuh
post Mar 19 2018, 05:18 PM

Getting Started
124 posts

QUOTE(kelvin_87 @ Mar 19 2018, 01:38 AM)
yea bro! Confident is more than anything. I remember I work for a shitty boss that never happy with my performance no matter what I do, and I've done so much compared to their other peers. That is really break down the confident level. Then I promise myself I won't let this idiot do the same again.

Fresh grad cycle is all depend how you learn during the period of time, and how well you can present to the interviewer, nothing to do with year of experience.
there are people who are 5 years experience earn RM5K, vs same year of experience but earning RM10K.

Is how you convince the interviewer why you can take up the responsibility and able to lead the people or drive to get the result.
We are here for youuuuuuuuuu rclxms.gif
my good man! share some tips on how to snap the threading mistreatment! maybe some point i could use to fix my situation.

on the fresh grad cycle, exactly! to me it is more than what you are able to do in that period, which is the selling point for the next interview.

seeing alot of fresh grads demanding big pay but ended up not knowing shite, not able to cope with pressures. i guess i patut bercukur you know hahah

dewill
post Mar 27 2018, 08:04 PM

Regular
1,716 posts

dont wait for 3rd warning letter

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0150sec    0.18    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:12 AM