Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Will company offer job if salary widely different?

views

TScontestchris
post Feb 24 2018, 12:36 PM, updated 7y ago

Look at all my stars!!
4,337 posts

Say you ask for RM5,000. Job ad gives a salary range of RM4,000 to RM7,000. The job ad requires 3 years experience, you only have one year experience (in a very related role).

The company says you are successful in the interview after one week you went for the interview (you sense you made very good connection with the hiring manager and proved yourself despite being relatively inexperienced). They are doing background/reference check, and only then they will proceed to discuss the salary matters.

Now this is the interesting part for me...I'm afraid they will offer the lower end of RM4,000 to me given my experience is below the job ad. However, they NEVER ONCE spoke about my salary during the interview, nor when they contacted me and told me my interview is successful.

My question is simple...would the company have proceeded with the hiring process if my ask was RM5,000 and their offer is RM4,000? Or does this mean that their eventual offer will be within the ballpark of my asking?

It makes me very confused. I am willing to go max 5 or 10% below my ask. I will reject if they offer anything below RM4.5k.

This post has been edited by contestchris: Feb 24 2018, 12:39 PM
gabriel.l
post Feb 24 2018, 12:38 PM

Casual
479 posts

Can try nego before they give offer letter
matrix88
post Feb 24 2018, 01:40 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,099 posts

the company will offer you, dont worry and dont need to rush
you can reject, accept or nego when they offer you

nexona88
post Feb 24 2018, 02:12 PM

The Royal Club Member
All Stars
41,828 posts

After company offer..
Can nego the salary part..
If they die die don't want to follow your request.. Can reject.. No issues.. Only thing.. They might blacklisted your name for future application (if u were to apply any position in future)
TScontestchris
post Feb 24 2018, 02:24 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,337 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Feb 24 2018, 02:12 PM)
After company offer..
Can nego the salary part..
If they die die don't want to follow your request.. Can reject.. No issues.. Only thing.. They might blacklisted your name for future application (if u were to apply any position in future)
I understand it....but the fact the company is willing to engage me further...is it any indication that their offer will be within the ballpark? Or no such thing (i.e. up till now they have given totally zero consideration to my salary request in the hiring process)?....I find that to be odd if that's the case!

Also if you told the HR that you have bonus you will forgo in May to join this company...will they take that into account?

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0120sec    0.34    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:56 PM