Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Unboxing Review Teardown Avita Liber 13" Notebook, Avita Liber Laptop Teardown

views

TSaaronpang
post Feb 21 2018, 11:42 PM, updated 7y ago

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

A new brand of laptop, Avita recently entered the Malaysian market, starting with its fashion-oriented Liber range. The Liber series comes in 13’ and 14” inch models.

The Liber first went on sale on 10th Feb with promotion price of RM688 for the first 50 purchasers. 10 units are available at PJ Digital Mall and 40 for Lowyat plaza pop-up store.

Simple unboxing and teardown of Avite Liber unit in Sunrise Orange colour.

Attached Image

Attached Image

The specifications are
CPU: Pentium N4200
Display: 1920 x 1080 Full HD IPS Panel
Storage: 128GB M.2 SSD
WLAN: 802.11 b/g/n/ac
Camera: 720P HD

The Intel Pentium N4200 is a quad-core SoC is primarily for inexpensive notebooks with clock speeds of 1.1-2.5 GHz and is based on the Apollo Lake platform. The hardware specs are nothing to shout about let’s be clear it’s not top spec gaming machine, instead it’s priced competitively.

Attached Image

Case and Connectivity
Laptop chassis is designed for passive fan less cooling, clad in a slim metallic body offering whole range of connectivity options. The slim design and portable lightweight feature makes Liber the ideal on the laptop to chuck in your backpack.
Liber chassis is very stiff with no noticeable flexing when carried around single handed or while typing on my lap and desk.
Liber has the necessities in terms of interface 1 x type C USB port, 2 x USB 3.0 inputs, micro SD slot, mini HDMI and 3.5mm headphone/microphone jack is present. Mini HDMI to HDMI converter is also included in the box.
A Wi-Fi module inside the laptop supports WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/h/n Wi-Fi standards, plus the fast 802.11ac standard.

Attached Image

Attached Image

Input Devices
The Liber comes with an unlit chicklet style keyboard and makes for decent typing. Distinctive feature is the impressive wide and long trackpad. Really love gliding my hands over the smooth surface of the trackpad. The trackpad supports multi touch input to boot.

Attached Image

Display
The glossy 13” inch panel on the Liber has a 1920 x 1080 Full HD IPS Panel. The panel is bright and suitable for viewing without much eye fatigue. The Liber can be used in bright office conditions without colours appearing too washed out or dim.

Performance
Avita Liber is a simple 13” inch laptop primarily targeted at students and mobile professionals. The low power Intel N4200 allows for passive cooling. The Liber has sufficient performance for office, multimedia and internet applications.
There is no distracting noise as the Liber is passively cooled since fans are absent.

Attached Image

Storage Device
A solid-state drive by Sandisk is installed for storing data. The SSD has capacity of 128GB the model is Sandisk X400 M.2 SSD with good transfer rates.

Attached Image

Verdict
Inclusion of Sandisk X400 SSD ensures a smooth-running system and it’s possible to upgrade the SSD. The Liber models have non- removable RAM and upgrading them is not possible.

Upgrading the SSD requires the casing to be opened. Avita makes it difficult by opting to use torx screws, requiring tools most customers won’t have lying around.

Attached Image

Review sample was priced at RM688 which is the special introductory price, this reviewer was one of the lucky customers to purchase a unit. Suggested retail price of RM2299 is a lot of money for straight forward productivity laptop suggesting pricing is at a slight premium for the materials and fashionable colors.

Additional Images
» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

This post has been edited by aaronpang: Feb 22 2018, 03:22 PM
Left4Dead2
post Feb 22 2018, 10:21 AM

Regular
1,085 posts

Rm2300 price laptop sell at RM688 only ? U sure ? Still available kah ?
TSaaronpang
post Feb 22 2018, 01:22 PM

Cat Exterminator
1,973 posts

QUOTE(Left4Dead2 @ Feb 22 2018, 10:21 AM)
Rm2300 price laptop sell at RM688 only ? U sure ? Still available kah ?
Special promo price is limited to first 50 available on 10th Feb.

Contact Avita they still have the Core i5 for sale.
Last I spoke it's on offer with 10% discount for Core i5, the final price is RM2699.

This post has been edited by aaronpang: Feb 22 2018, 03:07 PM
Alpha Wolf
post Dec 28 2019, 06:45 AM

Getting Started
263 posts

Is this tear down unit from one of the first 50 units? Also any idea where the RAM is?

EDIT: Oh no! RAM not upgradable. The chips are directly mounted on the motherboard, aren't they? No wonder CPU-Z could not properly detect them. I'm not even sure if they are the LP DDR3 or LP DDR4 variant.

EDIT 2: That EtronTech chip is a DRAM, but I cannot make out the numbers on it from your photo. Cannot verify capacity to confirm.

This post has been edited by Alpha Wolf: Dec 28 2019, 06:53 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0123sec    0.41    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:45 PM