Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Video ads

views

TShirano
post Feb 20 2018, 08:58 PM, updated 7y ago

凸(`△´#)
3,260 posts

This only occur recently. Keep having these auto-play video ads everytime i load the forum via Mobile, chrome browser.

Afraid that it consumes much data than normal static ads. Any way to get rid of it?

This post has been edited by hirano: Feb 20 2018, 09:28 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
TShirano
post Feb 22 2018, 12:26 PM

凸(`△´#)
3,260 posts

So no forum staff are able to help to remove video ads? This particular ads is "Hitachi".
se7en
post Feb 22 2018, 02:26 PM

resistance is futile
Group Icon
Admin
1,806 posts

are the ads still appearing? video ads usually are there for a day or two, so there is no point for us to manually block them.

Also all video ads now are built on html5, so they are not much more heavier then other rich media ads.
TShirano
post Feb 22 2018, 03:13 PM

凸(`△´#)
3,260 posts

QUOTE(se7en @ Feb 22 2018, 02:26 PM)
are the ads still appearing? video ads usually are there for a day or two, so there is no point for us to manually block them.

Also all video ads now are built on html5,  so they are not much more heavier then other rich media ads.
It's still appearing today. No matter i use 3G or wifi.

Im mostly relying on my mobile data.. U know la mobile data very limited.
TShirano
post Feb 23 2018, 09:00 PM

凸(`△´#)
3,260 posts

QUOTE(se7en @ Feb 22 2018, 02:26 PM)

Also all video ads now are built on html5,  so they are not much more heavier then other rich media ads.
Today also still appearing. And when you say not heavy, i have to laugh. This screenshot below, I can't even scroll up or scroll down the forum page. It's just stuck there. Closed off the page, had to open again. Browse a bit more again.. Lags again.

This is a 4gb ram phone. Snapdragon 820.

Edit: another screenshot after posting this thread.

Every 2 pages of forum that i load, it froze. I have to close-open back the forum gazillion times just to surf. Can you imagine my difficulty? I can surf other websites fine and smooth.

This post has been edited by hirano: Feb 23 2018, 09:13 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image Attached Image
se7en
post Feb 24 2018, 12:58 AM

resistance is futile
Group Icon
Admin
1,806 posts

Ok, all the Hitachi video ads have been blocked. Do let us know if you are still seeing it.

PeterSi
post Mar 21 2018, 03:03 AM

Getting Started
60 posts

Forum management tries to facilitate you in each and every regard. Forums have to post the ads as it is part of the job. They try to minimize the size of the ads in order to reduce the data usage. I hope it will be fixed sooner than later. Thanks

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0175sec    0.26    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:51 PM