Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Penang Bridge Marathon 2007, Penang Bridge Marathon 2007

views

TScentrino
post May 6 2007, 09:50 AM, updated 17y ago

43 posts

PENANG BRIDGE MARATHON 2007
user posted image

The premier run in Malaysia to celebrate Visit Malaysia Year 2007 and celebrating 50 years of country Nationhood. The Penang Bridge International Marathon will be held on June 24 th, 2007 in the State of Penang.

user posted image user posted image

Participants will be running over the third longest bridge in the world - the Penang Bridge - and along a scenic coastal highway. This is the only time of the year when the bridge is closed for several hours.

The biggest run in the country incorporates a full-marathon, a half-marathon, a quarter-marathon and a Fun Run. The Run caters both to the serious runner and for those out for some fun in the sun. It promotes healthy living and builds a sense of community.

This is in addition to trophies, finisher medals, certificates and prizes donated by sponsors. In the past this has included air tickets, hotel stays and household electrical goods.

The run is jointly organized by the Malaysian Highway Authority and Municipal Council Penang Island and with the co-operation of the Penang Government, the Penang Amateur Athletic Association, the Penang Youth and Sports Department , University Science Malaysia, Penang Tourism Action Council and Penang Bridge Sdn Bhd.

The Bridge
Penang Bridge, a 13.5 kilometre architectural wonder is the site of the Penang Bridge International Marathon 2006. It connects mainland Peninsula Malaysia to Penang island, well known to visitors from all over the world as the 'Pearl of the Orient.' This spectacular bridge, the longest in Asia and reputedly the third longest in the world begins at the mainland Seberang Jaya Toll centre, then spans over to a small island midway and reaches the island near University Sains Malaysia (USM) at Minden.

The AIM
To Celebrate 50 years of National Independence in conjunction with Visit Malaysia 2007.
To Promote Malaysia as a destination for sports tourism in the part of Asia .
To Activate sports and recreation in a concept of 'Sports for All' to Malaysians of all age groups;
A Platform to determine Malaysian athletes at International level;
An Opportunity for all Malaysians of all races to participate in peace, friendship and harmony; and
In Conjunction with Penang Bridge 22 nd Anniversary.

Organisers
Jointly organized by:
Malaysia Highway Authority and Municipal Council Penang Island

with the co-operation of:
Penang Amateur Athletic Association, Penang Tourism Action Council, Ministry of Works Malaysia, Penang State Government, Ministry of Tourism Malaysia, Ministry Youth and Sports Malaysia, Universiti Sains Malaysia , and Penang Bridge Sdn Bhd.

Jointly organized by:
user posted image
Lembaga Lebuhraya Malaysia

user posted image
Municipal Council Penang Island

For any inquiries, please e-mail to: info@llmnet.gov.my
or visit: http://penangmarathon.llmnet.gov.my/

vin_ann
post May 6 2007, 11:47 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,912 posts

horey... it's come back this year....
im joined 2 times before when im studied in penang....
im very enjoyed it.

now im in KL. quite difficult for me if im wanted to back to Penang...
sigh
Cloudx
post May 9 2007, 05:03 PM

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,507 posts

Its kinda hard if going alone, how should a person suppose to go back after he cross the bridge ?
juhairi007
post May 9 2007, 11:14 PM

Getting Started
98 posts

haha, what a nice que. i dont even thin bout tat
goolie
post May 18 2007, 09:46 AM

Enthusiast
774 posts

yo yo...check it out!! i hav join it but half marathon...this is the chance for me to show off...

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0179sec    0.14    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:45 AM