6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Panasonic

views

skaterjo
post Jun 16 2016, 09:54 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(botack @ Sep 27 2011, 08:21 AM)
salary is a bit different in every Panasonic companies in Malaysia.in PEDMA, its not that good. japanese companies usually will not give you annual leave for a year (thats right..no leave for a year..if you want to take a leave, it'll be unpaid leave.)..working environment in Panasonic is a bit strict..no Ipad or tablet pc, not even your own personal laptop can be brought to the company premises and no internet connection to the outside...the reason why i can access lyn is because i'm an IT executive..ISD have full access to internet whereas other departments will have access as they dont need too.

benefits are car loan every 5years and housing loan once in a life time. they will pay half of the interest of your car loan and housing loan. For car loan, expect maximum around rm100 depends on how much loan you are taking (maximum loan that they will pay is 50k..you do the math), housing loan on the other hand depends on you salary and how long have you been working with them. to entitled you for car loan, you have to confirmed as a permanent staff which means after 3month of evaluation period. after that you can apply for car loan. for housing loan, you have to work for about 2years and then you can be entitled for housing loan.

other benefits are personal insurance 38k and 58k for medical insurance. insurance are handled by tokio marine (japanese insurance company)..for executive and engineers, you are entitled to go to any KPJ hospitals, SDMC (the other one i forgot already)..but you have to apply to the in-house clinic if you want to go to the hospitals..unless its an emergency, then they will refer you to UM or HUKL no matter what you say..safe to say..KPJ and SDMC is only for emergency purposes.

Salary increment is once a year and not like other company which offer twice a year increment.
Not even internet . On the PC how purchasing going to do their work if they need to track new supplier ? Looks like i have to drop the radio internet attached to the desktop lol .
botack
post Jun 17 2016, 12:50 AM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(skaterjo @ Jun 16 2016, 09:54 PM)
Not even internet . On the PC how purchasing going to do their work if they need to track new supplier  ? Looks like i have to drop the radio internet attached to the desktop lol .
they have internal system to monitor current supplier and also restricted internet access to only the sites you need to access.
skaterjo
post Jun 17 2016, 11:28 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(botack @ Jun 17 2016, 12:50 AM)
they have internal system to monitor current supplier and also restricted internet access to only the sites you need to access.
LOL my case is in JB Pasir gudang . Can see all kinds of post at facebook lol at working hour somemore lol .
botack
post Jun 17 2016, 11:36 PM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(skaterjo @ Jun 17 2016, 11:28 PM)
LOL my case is in JB Pasir gudang . Can see all kinds of post at facebook lol at working hour somemore lol .
LOL, must be the IT guys open up Facebook for all of you.
skaterjo
post Jun 17 2016, 11:44 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(botack @ Jun 17 2016, 11:36 PM)
LOL, must be the IT guys open up Facebook for all of you.
The japs also know about it coz of the tag function . wow. Lucky la ..... LOL I just need internet radio . LOL LOL LOL
botack
post Jun 18 2016, 07:10 AM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(skaterjo @ Jun 17 2016, 11:44 PM)
The japs also know about it coz of the tag function . wow. Lucky la ..... LOL I just need internet radio . LOL LOL LOL
If you have java installed, should be able to listen to internet radio. It all depends on your policy. last time, my department have full unrestricted access, or maybe you could change the dns server to something else and try open up internet radio.
skaterjo
post Jun 22 2016, 11:15 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(botack @ Jun 18 2016, 07:10 AM)
If you have java installed, should be able to listen to internet radio. It all depends on your policy. last time, my department have full unrestricted access, or maybe you could change the dns server to something else and try open up internet radio.
I heard about the cuti ganti on saturday have to work full day . Do you know in a year how many times do it happen? Or die die must work 5 days a week minimum because of hari raya holiday have to work 1./2 full day on Saturday to replace holiday ? I havent say yes to the offer . But from what i see 2- 3 years conform cabut one . From what i know all ok la now is the MC chinese new year holiday and if i need to take off . Die replacement holiday must be present OMG ?

botack
post Jun 23 2016, 01:51 AM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(skaterjo @ Jun 22 2016, 11:15 PM)
I heard about the cuti ganti on saturday have to work full day . Do you know in a year how many times do it happen? Or die die must work 5 days a week minimum because of hari raya holiday have to work 1./2 full day on Saturday to replace holiday ? I havent say yes to the offer . But from what i see 2- 3 years conform cabut one . From what i know all ok la now is the MC chinese new year holiday and if i need to take off . Die replacement holiday must be present OMG ?
LOL dude, previously, I had to work 6-7 days a week. that is including public holidays too. Hari raya/CNY/Deepavali/Christmas/New year also need to work; production needs to run and shipment needs to go out. They have a minimum working days that needs to be fulfilled. So from time to time, you are required to work saturday full day heck even saturday and sunday just to cover those public holidays. If you are in the IT department, that is not including on calls which happens almost every other day.
skaterjo
post Jun 23 2016, 02:00 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(botack @ Jun 23 2016, 01:51 AM)
LOL dude, previously, I had to work 6-7 days a week. that is including public holidays too. Hari raya/CNY/Deepavali/Christmas/New year also need to work; production needs to run and shipment needs to go out. They have a minimum working days that needs to be fulfilled. So from time to time, you are required to work saturday full day heck even saturday and sunday just to cover those public holidays. If you are in the IT department, that is not including on calls which happens almost every other day.
Thanks They gave me an offer but im not sure whether to take it or not as a junior officer . For now i dont have any offer . I guess i just take it and tahan for 2-3 years and cabut lor . No choice left is still better than working in retail . I am in the purchasing team .
botack
post Jun 23 2016, 10:39 PM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(skaterjo @ Jun 23 2016, 02:00 PM)
Thanks They gave me an offer but im not sure whether to take it or not as a junior officer . For now i dont have any offer . I guess i just take it and tahan for 2-3 years and cabut lor . No choice left is still better than working in retail . I am in the purchasing team .
LOL, no worries, purchasing depends on if you are assigned at the office plant or the office purchaser. If plant, be prepared. I lasted like 1.5 years before I got another offer from US company to come to work with them smile.gif
skaterjo
post Jun 23 2016, 11:06 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(botack @ Jun 23 2016, 10:39 PM)
LOL, no worries, purchasing depends on if you are assigned at the office plant or the office purchaser. If plant, be prepared. I lasted like 1.5 years before I got another offer from US company to come to work with them smile.gif
i was told that i have to buy eletronic parts
so dont know .I was thinking of tahan till 2-3 years and go to singapore japanse company at least have public holiday . No ganti holiday
there thats why the japs there are very happy . Went interview at the japanese job agency they themself self confess
skaterjo
post Jun 23 2016, 11:11 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(skaterjo @ Jun 23 2016, 11:06 PM)
i was told that i have to buy eletronic parts
so dont know .I was thinking of tahan till 2-3 years and go to singapore japanse company at least have public holiday . No ganti holiday
there thats why the japs there are very happy . Went interview at the japanese job agency they themself self confess
Junior Buyer for Electronic part . Well my ex manger work there for 2 years said is good but left because of office polittic . Sigh . My japanese was good but is dangerous with the japs manager and director sure mati one .They ask me go back malaysia and work and when i have the N2 cert with improvement go look for them again .They will try to help from there . The japanese job agency in Singapore at least they were willing to help . if can tahan 3 years going to sg japanese company is good . but i will take afflicated company if can . easier
skaterjo
post Jun 23 2016, 11:16 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(skaterjo @ Jun 23 2016, 11:11 PM)
Junior Buyer for Electronic part . Well my ex manger work there for 2 years said is good but left because of office polittic . Sigh . My japanese was good but is dangerous with the japs manager and director sure mati one .They ask me go back malaysia and work and when i have the N2 cert with improvement go look for them again .They will try to help from there . The japanese job agency in Singapore at least they were willing to help . if can tahan 3 years going to sg japanese company is good . but i will take afflicated company if can . easier
The saturday is not an issue is just that chinese New year and christmas holiday need to go with family(then saturday must take off cannot allow).... And then they make noise cant do anything tomorrow call them to confirm some details before signing in .Else if i had better offer somewhere i have to pay one month salary . Mati lagi . Sigh anyway i better let my singapore agent know at least she can change the resume date for me . All i can do is pray is better then working 6 days as QC for a chinamen style company 8-5pmfor 6 days .
mouseblue
post Jun 20 2017, 12:01 PM

2 posts

comment removed.
my company start to browse some forum

This post has been edited by mouseblue: Sep 8 2017, 03:59 PM
botack
post Jun 20 2017, 12:42 PM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(mouseblue @ Jun 20 2017, 12:01 PM)
Hello, i am working as R&D engineer at PIDMY (formerly known as PEDMA). My advice, DO NOT WORK HERE!

1. HR not taking care of staff welfare
- so many stupid rules and regulations. and they try their best to trap their employees.
- 3 months notice period. Which company would waiting 3 months just to hire you? I've been on inteviews many times and as usual they cant wait 3 months. Once you work here, you cant run or else 3 months basic salary penalty will be charged upon you.

2. No career development.
- They will ask you to OBEY and FOLLOW. not to lead. (eventhough sometimes they come out with stupid tasks)
- They not empower their engineer/executive. basically exec level here cannot order technician or operator to do any work. All of them are reporting to the same manager. Stupid. The only different is executive will be paid more.
- In my opinion, the hieraki should be like this (operator->technician->supervisor->engineer->manager->top management). the reality of PIDMY is op/tech/eng/exe ->manager->top managment.
- inial exp is important because you need it in your resume and guess what. many of company that i've been interviewed said that the exp is not related to the new job that i applied for. so all this exp is only valid here. waste of time really.
- at some point, you realise that this company cant bring you success. but you trapped here.

3. Boring
- you will get jelous of a friends that posting fb of birthday celebration in their office with cakes and balloons. Because it WILL NEVER happen in japanese company.
- the wall, the shirt, the pants are almost same color (grey,dark grey, green grey etc)
- all of your collegue already absorp the japanese culture so no joy for you (stay back consider workaholic, come home early consider lazy). and all your surrounding is like been indoctrinated by japanese.
- you speaking in broken english and will get worst.
- you will work like robot with no emotion. just FOLLOW and OBEY. the more you obey, the more likes you get.
- you will notice some managers here are not good in decision making. i would say 70% of them be manager based on promotion because of 30~40 years of services. Unlike the one who have better education level, their decision is more wise i think.
- you will stress for no reason. doing same shit everyday wihout any morale booster activity.
- No radio. its like working in library.
- No coffee or snacks on your table or in your drawer.
- Eating at canteen using hostel metal tray

I'm waiting for another few months before i reach 5 years. grab the gratuity and run away from this company. Need to wait 3 month notice ends and will apply for a new job. Its like gambling dude....Pray for me..
I left PIDMY after 1.5years working there. True, there is no career advancement, there are people that are very good in english but most of them are not.

Its a good organization once you are ready to retire as it has a laid back environment due to repetitive activity (which is the japanese culture)

yensin
post Aug 17 2017, 06:34 PM

18 posts

QUOTE(botack @ Sep 26 2011, 04:49 PM)
I'm working as an IT executive in Panasonic Electronic Devices Malaysia (PEDMA)..there are 4 Panasonic manufacturing companies in Shah Alam..Which one are you talking about?
Hi bro, you still working in panasonic as IT exec. ??

botack
post Aug 18 2017, 10:17 AM

Casual
349 posts

QUOTE(yensin @ Aug 17 2017, 06:34 PM)
Hi bro, you still working in panasonic as IT exec. ??
nope. left the company already.
honesty tan
post Aug 18 2017, 04:30 PM

Regular
1,276 posts

QUOTE(mouseblue @ Jun 20 2017, 12:01 PM)
Hello, i am working as R&D engineer at PIDMY (formerly known as PEDMA). My advice, DO NOT WORK HERE!

1. HR not taking care of staff welfare
- so many stupid rules and regulations. and they try their best to trap their employees.
- 3 months notice period. Which company would waiting 3 months just to hire you? I've been on inteviews many times and as usual they cant wait 3 months. Once you work here, you cant run or else 3 months basic salary penalty will be charged upon you.

2. No career development.
- They will ask you to OBEY and FOLLOW. not to lead. (eventhough sometimes they come out with stupid tasks)
- They not empower their engineer/executive. basically exec level here cannot order technician or operator to do any work. All of them are reporting to the same manager. Stupid. The only different is executive will be paid more.
- In my opinion, the hieraki should be like this (operator->technician->supervisor->engineer->manager->top management). the reality of PIDMY is op/tech/eng/exe ->manager->top managment.
- inial exp is important because you need it in your resume and guess what. many of company that i've been interviewed said that the exp is not related to the new job that i applied for. so all this exp is only valid here. waste of time really.
- at some point, you realise that this company cant bring you success. but you trapped here.

3. Boring
- you will get jelous of a friends that posting fb of birthday celebration in their office with cakes and balloons. Because it WILL NEVER happen in japanese company.
- the wall, the shirt, the pants are almost same color (grey,dark grey, green grey etc)
- all of your collegue already absorp the japanese culture so no joy for you (stay back consider workaholic, come home early consider lazy). and all your surrounding is like been indoctrinated by japanese.
- you speaking in broken english and will get worst.
- you will work like robot with no emotion. just FOLLOW and OBEY. the more you obey, the more likes you get.
- you will notice some managers here are not good in decision making. i would say 70% of them be manager based on promotion because of 30~40 years of services. Unlike the one who have better education level, their decision is more wise i think.
- you will stress for no reason. doing same shit everyday wihout any morale booster activity.
- No radio. its like working in library.
- No coffee or snacks on your table or in your drawer.
- Eating at canteen using hostel metal tray

I'm waiting for another few months before i reach 5 years. grab the gratuity and run away from this company. Need to wait 3 month notice ends and will apply for a new job. Its like gambling dude....Pray for me..
Thanks for the insights smile.gif
SUSdestiny6
post Aug 2 2018, 05:33 PM

Enthusiast
817 posts

wanna ask if the condition working in Panasonic is still as hell the same? or getting better already?
reading all these comments really make me think twice of going for their interview sweat.gif
KahLooN
post Nov 14 2018, 11:50 AM

~(^^)~
701 posts

I'm having an interview with Panasonic Industrial Devices Sales (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd next week. Its located in Midvalley. hmm.gif

From their website, seems there is few co-company in Malaysia. But I can't find much info/job related matter for this particular company.

Has anyone work before with the mentioned company before?
notworthy.gif

6 Pages « < 3 4 5 6 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0193sec    0.62    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:38 PM