Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Xiaomi Redmi Note 5/5 Pro Discussion Thread, Snapdragon 636. (Xiaomi)

views

abcn1n
post Sep 4 2019, 10:35 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Sep 4 2019, 08:52 PM)
My RN3 hang so I pressed on the power button to reboot but now it is stuck at the Mi logo and the powered by Android logo with the 3 moving dots.
Anyone can help?
MGM Keep holding down the reboot button until you hear the buzz where it shows its finally working again. I got the mi logo stuck too and rebooting it several times didn't work until I did the above
MGM
post Sep 4 2019, 10:49 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,276 posts

QUOTE(abcn1n @ Sep 4 2019, 10:35 PM)
MGM Keep holding down the reboot button until you hear the buzz where it shows its finally working again. I got the mi logo stuck too and rebooting it several times didn't work until I did the above
I held down the power button until it buzz and let go, but it still stuck at the Mi logo and Powered by Android logo and 3 dots.
abcn1n
post Sep 4 2019, 11:03 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Sep 4 2019, 10:49 PM)
I held down the power button until it buzz and let go, but it still stuck at the Mi logo and Powered by Android logo and 3 dots.
I waited several hours before finally holding down the power button for a long time. Did you do that? Maybe wait until the next day and try it. If not, then have to go to service centre already
MGM
post Sep 4 2019, 11:19 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,276 posts

QUOTE(abcn1n @ Sep 4 2019, 11:03 PM)
I waited several hours before finally holding down the power button for a long time. Did you do that? Maybe wait until the next day and try it. If not, then have to go to service centre already
You meant u let it stuck at the Mi logo and Powered by Android logo for several hours before finally holding down the power button for a long time?
abcn1n
post Sep 4 2019, 11:36 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Sep 4 2019, 11:19 PM)
You meant u let it stuck at the Mi logo and Powered by Android logo for several hours before finally holding down the power button for a long time?
Yes. I tried to reboot it several times (from the mi logo) initially over a period of 1+ hour. Didn't work. Finally decided to let it be for several hours before deciding to reboot it by holding down the power button for a much longer period. Luckily it worked this time around.

Why don't you just let it be first--drain the battery and try later (if you don't want to go to the service centre and can still wait). Maybe, when battery is dead and you recharge it and start the phone back it will work. Good luck.
MGM
post Sep 5 2019, 12:29 AM

Look at all my stars!!
9,276 posts

QUOTE(abcn1n @ Sep 4 2019, 11:36 PM)
Yes. I tried to reboot it several times (from the mi logo) initially over a period of 1+ hour. Didn't work. Finally decided to let it be for several hours before deciding to reboot it by holding down the power button for a much longer period. Luckily it worked this time around.

Why don't you just let it be first--drain the battery and try later (if you don't want to go to the service centre and can still wait). Maybe, when battery is dead and you recharge it and start the phone back it will work. Good luck.
Can I go into recovery mode and then reboot from there?
Or clear cache while in recovery mode? Would this affect my apps, photos and data?

edit: can't even get into both Fastboot mode(Vol-down + Power) or Recovery mode(Vol-up + Power). When I did this, the logo went off and a 0% battery with a charging connector was displayed.

This post has been edited by MGM: Sep 5 2019, 12:53 AM
abcn1n
post Sep 5 2019, 12:18 PM

On my way
608 posts

QUOTE(MGM @ Sep 5 2019, 12:29 AM)
Can I go into recovery mode and then reboot from there?
Or clear cache while in recovery mode? Would this affect my apps, photos and data?

edit: can't even get into both Fastboot mode(Vol-down + Power) or Recovery mode(Vol-up + Power). When I did this, the logo went off and a 0% battery with a charging connector was displayed.
Not sure the answer to your question. But if your battery is flat already, you can try to charge it and at the same time press the power button to start again. Take out your sim cards out too first. If still can't work, then maybe just bring to service centre
benji
post Sep 8 2019, 01:10 PM

On my way
653 posts

QUOTE(blackpc @ Sep 3 2019, 03:49 PM)
Guys, anybody experiencing problems with 'striped' pictures taken with RN5 camera? Either some part of the pic vertical or horizontal will be lighter or greenish color.
ive once happen like this when i enable the dev mode or what i forget lah.. the one which enable extra features in camera. after disable back.. all ok. no need to clear cache

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0565sec    1.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 13th November 2019 - 03:12 PM