Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Toilet Reno Advice & Budget

views

TSdaimGeno
post Feb 14 2018, 03:46 PM, updated 7y ago

Casual
348 posts

Planning to reno my house toilet 2nd floor..

installing new tile.. new toilet seat and bidet..
also need to increase water pressure cause now water came out really slow..

toilet size around 10ft

how much the cost will it be? + now got clogged some more.. cry.gif

This post has been edited by daimGeno: Feb 14 2018, 03:47 PM
weikee
post Feb 14 2018, 05:19 PM

10k Club
All Stars
12,019 posts

10ft? height? Width and length?

put 10k per toilet will be on the safe side, swing +-20% depending on your taste (just my 2 cents)
SUSslimey
post Feb 14 2018, 09:45 PM

6,914 posts

if hack out previous tile to replace tile, need to redo waterproofing.
will be much much more expensive and time consuming.

if no hack previous tile but just add on another tile on top, your bathroom will be smaller. and depending on the skill level, the new tiles may not stick well and in the future will detach.

as for the clog.........if lucky, will just be at the angle valve or other valve or valve filter. if not that, might just be that the pipe feeds from the water tank above which don't have enough height. solution can be adding a bypass with checkvalve or just direct connect from any pipe that feeds from the main. if already so and still low pressure then have to consider water heater with pump or a water pump for the whole house. so the cost will vary depending on the situation.
TSdaimGeno
post Feb 15 2018, 09:35 AM

Casual
348 posts

QUOTE(weikee @ Feb 14 2018, 05:19 PM)
10ft? height? Width and length?

put 10k per toilet will be on the safe side, swing +-20% depending on your taste (just my 2 cents)
i check yesterday. 3X2 mtr..

if 10k within budget.. if i were to put hot water must cause extra.. T_T

QUOTE(slimey @ Feb 14 2018, 09:45 PM)
if hack out previous tile to replace tile, need to redo waterproofing.
will be much much more expensive and time consuming.

if no hack previous tile but just add on another tile on top, your bathroom will be smaller. and depending on the skill level, the new tiles may not stick well and in the future will detach.

as for the clog.........if lucky, will just be at the angle valve or other valve or valve filter. if not that, might just be that the pipe feeds from the water tank above which don't have enough height. solution can be adding a bypass with checkvalve or just direct connect from any pipe that feeds from the main. if already so and still low pressure then have to consider water heater with pump or a water pump for the whole house. so the cost will vary depending on the situation.
yes.. need to replace the old tile.. the old tile too slippery and yellowish already..

the clog much worse now! become like swimming pool edi.. even when i pump the water nvr goes down now!
the bidet also clog! doh.gif

i guess need to fix the clog first.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.67    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:55 PM