Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> 4 yrs exp system developer salary expectation

Sukashopping
post Feb 19 2018, 12:19 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(lyc1982 @ Feb 19 2018, 11:09 AM)
what do you mean by "reached 8 with 3 yrs exp" ?
anti-informatic
post Feb 19 2018, 03:42 PM

Enthusiast
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(Sukashopping @ Feb 19 2018, 11:05 AM)
so you're looking down php and js developer? u have to know 10 languages to deserve 5 figure is it? if you're not a coder pls stop commenting in this thread, you're making urself laughable bro
Lots of judgmental comments u have there.

1. I didn't say anything about looking down on any programming language. Can u pinpoint that I despise any language?

2. I didn't say u need to know N programming languages to deserve 5 figure. My main point is, 4 years, just PHP, Javascript and "general" programming language.... It's not just about the skills that u currently have, it's also about how much u can learn and gain overtime. Give u another 4 years, how much u can advance after that? How do u convince people that u have the ability to grow overtime instead of staying stagnant but expecting pay rise? You can ignore all these mindset where companies and management more willing to hire & pay people that have the potential to bring in more value for them, I love to see if u have a chance to run ur own company and people with few years experience and few skillsets come to u asking for 5 figure and how u going to give it to them.

3. How do u know that I'm not a coder? Are u really sure? Search abit on my post in Codemaster, I'm sure u can find some idea about the language that I know. If u don't do a bit of searching before commenting about something, you made yourself laughable bro

Again, don't complaint for things that does not change because of ur complaint. Go out there, challenge the reality, prove that u have the capability to achieve 5 figure and beyond. After that, u don't even need to create this type of thread anymore.

Be the hero to shut people mouth when they complaint they doesn't get what they deserve and show them that reward & benefits is to be achieved with ur own strength & capability, not by begging it.
xSean
post Feb 21 2018, 02:24 PM

Regular

QUOTE(Sukashopping @ Feb 19 2018, 11:05 AM)
so you're looking down php and js developer? u have to know 10 languages to deserve 5 figure is it? if you're not a coder pls stop commenting in this thread, you're making urself laughable bro
honest speaking, php, js, java, .net developers are really general programming language. don't think u so great about it, the one that are really great is those can develop android, ios, windows, .net framework, java for general programmer to develop general software/system such as app, e-commerce, cms, etc.

anyway, i'm a general coder with over 10 years experience. I'm prefer to be called as solution provider rather programmer as i'm using various technologies to provide solution to customer instead develop from scratch for hardware and software.

This post has been edited by xSean: Feb 21 2018, 02:27 PM
post Feb 21 2018, 09:21 PM

On my way

QUOTE(Sukashopping @ Feb 13 2018, 01:31 AM)
I'm a full stack web dev with 4 yrs exp, master front and backend, but when i go interview I asked for 10k gross, then hr said I expect too high. What? So how many years more I need to hit 5 figure as a developer? I passed the technical test easily although the position required a bit more exp, does years of exp really a thing being an engineer?
Some companies have a budget limit, afterall, so I think it's important to establish that beforehand, to not waste each other's time, as rude as it might sound. That said, There are many tech companies who are willing to pay 5 figures in malaysia, as long as you have the right skillsets.

If you're as good as a master as you say your are, it's might be better to get into high paying demanding roles overseas, like Grab or Google or Facebook or Amazon or Xero (NZ). They are much more flexible in terms of compensation. And also boost your portfolio by a bit

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0474sec    3.64    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th February 2018 - 06:04 PM