Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 >Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

What is Telco lock? And can i fix it ?, Imei got blocked from a telco..

views

alexchew_2020
post Jun 19 2019, 04:25 PM

MOD
3,363 posts

wow, so many victims to telco lock sweat.gif

how the original owner get away from not paying the telco postpaid billing..
beebee1314
post Jun 19 2019, 10:56 PM

Regular
1,683 posts

QUOTE(alexchew_2020 @ Jun 19 2019, 04:25 PM)
wow, so many victims to telco lock  sweat.gif

how the original owner get away from not paying the telco postpaid billing..
U newbie? This is old issue. A lot of sampah ppl use this chance to make profit. Maxis zerolution is a trap. They sign up the plan, use 2 months, then sell the phone to the new owners. Ppl usually use iPhone for zerolution since it is more tempting with iPhone than Samsung.

After they sell the phone, they just disappear don't want to pay. What maxis can do is blacklist them and the phone imei. Sadly, the phone has changed hands. The bodoh new owner thought he/she bought a new phone at a discount so they happy and rejoice. But after a few months of non payment, the phone is effectively locked.

Usually a lot of such people doing these are budak kampung. Their home address also impossible to find. Maxis won't go waste time catch the original owner. Some already change home, but IC maintain same old address.

The only pitiful one here is the new owner. Police also won't take action. Such small scam issue, u think police will bother? And since the phone sold is willing seller willing buyer, police won't bother. Since non payment is the ori owner, maxis must make police report, but small time like this, police mana bother them.

Bank account, they probably used someone else's bank account. Like grandma grandpa or neighbour. Give them rm5 to use their bank account. Police never catch eh. Don't harap. Just be more vigilante.

My advice. Never ever buy 2nd hand phone today, especially Samsung and IPhone. Such case is extremely common.

This post has been edited by beebee1314: Jun 19 2019, 11:00 PM
bougie_44
post Jul 15 2019, 05:09 PM

26 posts

It's not going to be blocked worldwide. It will be blocked to one telco or at most within Malaysia. Best option to get your money back is to sell it overseas on eBay. You will get good money for it in UK, USA, Australia etc. There is a service online for a few dollars, it will tell you which telco blocked it or if it is blacklisted overseas. Then you can provide this report to the buyer. It is called WORLDWIDE BLACKLIST CHECK PRO IT IS FOUND HERE: https://canadaunlocking.com/imei-checker

Once sold then simply buy a new one here, you're welcome wink.gif

SUSRojak2u
post Jul 15 2019, 08:55 PM

Getting Started
67 posts

Not sure how it is done but u can flash new stock rom to iphone and samsung to make it work again
salimbest83
post Jul 16 2019, 09:38 PM

♥PMS on certain day♥
8,548 posts

QUOTE(unitron @ Jan 16 2019, 01:10 PM)
TS said the plan under Maxis mah... so logically only Maxis block, not outstanding bills with other telco

Unless Maxis - Digi - Celcom - Umobile and other Malaysian telco agree to block the IMEI number together.
Also if the phone go another country with another telco, it can also be used.
Help. Got mine too..
Tested another carrier sim.. Can work for few minutes. Then the block come
unitron
post Jul 19 2019, 01:44 PM

W1(R)3d
2,719 posts

QUOTE(salimbest83 @ Jul 16 2019, 09:38 PM)
Help. Got mine too..
Tested another carrier sim.. Can work for few minutes. Then the block come
Hmm... possibly all the Malaysian telcos has agreement with each other then. hmm.gif
Will need those who are working in the industry to give their opinions.
adam husin
post Jul 23 2019, 07:12 PM

Getting Started
50 posts

is there any application that we can check whether is6under telco or not?
noorimanyosh
post Aug 5 2019, 12:57 AM

saoirse ronan :3
2,148 posts

bump
Purpleprotector P
post Sep 3 2019, 11:12 PM

Probation
1 posts

QUOTE(Kdc90 @ Jan 14 2019, 04:22 PM)
Pm you already
Can share the solution?!
deedottie
post Sep 19 2019, 08:41 PM

13 posts

Hi. Am facing this telco block imei slot 1 too. Any advice?

Early this year sometime in jan2019, i bought this supposingly new samsung note 9 set (still in box with all the accessories and atickers) warranty till dec2019 from a mobile shop. Its said to be 2nd hand new set (lucky draw winner). All was good until recently, my sim slot 1 got blocked. Went to samsung tgey said its telco mcmc block. Checked with celcom (since am celcom user) but it was not them. Contacted tge shop sales guy but he is no longer working in that shop and the shop personnels have no idea if its contracted telso set nor aware. They cannot help nor do anytging. I have all the receipts. Something told me to call Digi. Indeed the phone is tied with Digi. Provided Digi with the receipt saying I have legally purchased the phone from a mobile shop. Unfortunately Digi reply they are unable to unblocked the sim 1 slot imei and will be in process to block the sim2 slot imei in due time.it seems this phone under some contract with Digi by another owner. Obvioisly the shop that sold me the phone would not bother nor inform about this as I am totally unaware.

This is crazy. I paid like RM 2.6k cash for this phone and Digi investigation team cannot do anything about it. They said write to MDTA , MCMC do a police report or take legal actions as its not under Digi but between me and the mobile shop. Legal.action?! They think getting a lawyer is free 🤦‍♀️

Can anyone advice is there anyhow i can get this undone. Obviously the mobile shop aint gonna do anything after sales. And am done without a phone.😭

My phone is Samsung Note 9 still under warranty till Dec2019 and i just replace the s pen (original) that cost me rm130 😭 .. i so wanna cry !!!

This post has been edited by deedottie: Sep 19 2019, 08:46 PM
c_rhoma
post Sep 19 2019, 08:51 PM

Getting Started
185 posts

Somebody told me this to check imei with telco:

Celcom - send "PC (imei)" 33802

Maxis / umobile - send "PC (imei)" to 62002
alexchew_2020
post Sep 19 2019, 08:58 PM

MOD
3,363 posts

QUOTE(deedottie @ Sep 19 2019, 08:41 PM)
Hi. Am facing this telco block imei slot 1 too. Any advice?

Early this year sometime in jan2019, i bought this supposingly new samsung note 9 set (still in box with all the accessories and atickers) warranty till dec2019 from a mobile shop. Its said to be 2nd hand new set (lucky draw winner). All was good until recently, my sim slot 1 got blocked. Went to samsung tgey said its telco mcmc block. Checked with celcom (since am celcom user) but it was not them. Contacted tge shop sales guy but he is no longer working in that shop and the shop personnels have no idea if its contracted telso set nor aware. They cannot help nor do anytging. I have all the receipts. Something told me to call Digi. Indeed the phone is tied with Digi. Provided Digi with the receipt saying I have legally purchased the phone from a mobile shop. Unfortunately Digi reply  they are unable to unblocked the sim 1 slot imei and will be in process to block the sim2 slot imei in due time.it seems this phone under some contract with Digi by another owner. Obvioisly the shop that sold me the phone would not bother nor inform about this as I am totally unaware.

This is crazy. I paid like RM 2.6k cash for this phone and  Digi investigation team cannot do anything about it. They said write to MDTA , MCMC do a police report or take legal actions as its not under Digi but between me and the mobile shop. Legal.action?! They think getting a lawyer is free 🤦‍♀️

Can anyone advice is there anyhow i can get this undone. Obviously the mobile shop aint gonna do anything after sales. And am done without a phone.😭

My phone is Samsung Note 9 still under warranty till Dec2019 and i just replace the s pen (original) that cost me rm130 😭 .. i so wanna cry !!!
appearantly nothing can do about it. cause is a telco set. mean the original owner does't pay up the monthly installment amount for the hp.
the only it's function is wifi, and as a spare part/replace whole mobo to new mobo.

deedottie
post Sep 19 2019, 09:03 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(jumanjimd @ Feb 22 2018, 09:59 PM)
actually there is a solution..
because the only problem is come from ur emei.
Can advice. I recently kena this too. Bought mine from a mobile shop with receipts but unfortunately just got to know its some contracted telco set when my sim slot 1 inei is blocked 3 days back.
deedottie
post Sep 19 2019, 09:34 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(alexchew_2020 @ Sep 19 2019, 08:58 PM)
appearantly nothing can do about it. cause is a telco set. mean the original owner does't pay up the monthly installment amount for the hp.
the only it's function is wifi, and as a spare part/replace whole mobo to new mobo.
Really no other method ar??

Aiyooo ... so frustrating and sad at the same time. I am stuck with celcom contract (unless i pay up the penalty) as i took a note 9 set earlier in nov2018 then it was stolen less than 2 weeks after during my travels (i was pickpocketed) and upon my return i bought this 2nd set and now this happen. And am still paying for that stolen set. 😭😭
alexchew_2020
post Sep 19 2019, 10:04 PM

MOD
3,363 posts

QUOTE(deedottie @ Sep 19 2019, 09:03 PM)
Can advice. I recently kena this too. Bought mine from a mobile shop with receipts but unfortunately just got to know its some contracted telco set when my sim slot 1 inei is blocked 3 days back.
root the phone, change the default imei laugh.gif laugh.gif
deedottie
post Sep 20 2019, 10:38 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(alexchew_2020 @ Sep 19 2019, 10:04 PM)
root the phone, change the default imei  laugh.gif  laugh.gif
Alamakkkkkk .... how to root also dunno leh!!
soulmad
post Oct 26 2019, 09:30 PM

Enthusiast
942 posts

hi all,nothing can do if bought a telco set phone?
alexchew_2020
post Oct 26 2019, 09:32 PM

MOD
3,363 posts

QUOTE(soulmad @ Oct 26 2019, 09:30 PM)
got,

1.help the owner pay off the contract bills,
2. change a new mobo u will get a new imei so phone wont be locked.
3. selling as spare parts/ wifi usage only. sweat.gif
4. if u able to change the default imei to others.

salimbest83
post Nov 7 2019, 08:03 AM

♥PMS on certain day♥
8,548 posts

just use sim 2 only..
like most of owner of telco lock set
salimbest83
post Nov 7 2019, 08:04 AM

♥PMS on certain day♥
8,548 posts

just use sim 2 only..
like most of owner of telco lock set

6 Pages « < 2 3 4 5 6 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0200sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 04:14 PM