Bump Topic Add Reply RSS Feed New Topic New Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Myvi AV vs Persona Premium

views

mt24
post Apr 11 2018, 06:17 PM

Casual
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(missysleepy @ Apr 11 2018, 05:49 PM)
i think i don't have to test drive Myvi , i drove myvi old model and i don't think there's a difference with 2008 model. mine is 1.5cc
I check the comparison in carbase.my, persona have more power and i like the fact that there's a trunk for luggage.

myvi have the collision feature but have a feeling that it's not going to make big difference.

only downside with Persona is that it's not Auto Start or keyless.
but after driving myvi for many years, not sure if i still prefer car like that if i can travel out and use highway .
myvi gonna vibrate more and a lot more sound when use long journey.
It has key less function but at premium segment. Try to check out on premium segment imo the features arw quite good.
ZaiZai1989
post Apr 11 2018, 08:51 PM

Getting Started

i also under the same situation, booked myvi n loan was approved, lucky i cancelled it and go for persona.. i am now a happy persona owner.. the drive is good, very very powerful for a small car in this segment.. nvh is good..ride n handling, steering feedback outclasses myvi by a lot!.. the only thing is the cvt doesnt feel good in city drive..

This post has been edited by ZaiZai1989: Apr 11 2018, 08:52 PM
missysleepy
post Apr 11 2018, 10:22 PM

On my way
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(ZaiZai1989 @ Apr 11 2018, 08:51 PM)
i also under the same situation, booked myvi n loan was approved, lucky i cancelled it and go for persona.. i am now a happy persona owner.. the drive is good, very very powerful for a small car in this segment.. nvh is good..ride n handling, steering feedback outclasses myvi by a lot!.. the only thing is the cvt doesnt feel good in city drive..
after watching some youtube review, one major letdown is the rear seat.

1) small leg room, very uncomfortable for people with longer legs and leg cannot stretch out for resting position, need to tilt.
2) entering and exiting doorway kinda weird and i have a feeling that big size will be finding it difficult
3) Think about this, you want a car to store luggage, so u r someone who loves travelling long distance right. One of the mother of all problem is the seating comfort, u will be basically sitting on a stiff upward seat for the rest of the journey. if you r going for above 100km , this car should not be in the list at all.

This post has been edited by missysleepy: Apr 11 2018, 10:22 PM
Effy92
post Apr 11 2018, 11:02 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(missysleepy @ Apr 11 2018, 05:49 PM)
i think i don't have to test drive Myvi , i drove myvi old model and i don't think there's a difference with 2008 model. mine is 1.5cc
Myvi 2008 got 1.5l engine meh?
MrWrath
post Apr 11 2018, 11:24 PM

Getting Started

what about driver and front passenger seat spaciousness, Myvi 2018 or Persona win?
missysleepy
post Apr 12 2018, 06:32 AM

On my way

QUOTE(Effy92 @ Apr 11 2018, 11:02 PM)
Myvi 2008 got 1.5l engine meh?
oops.. my bad.
missysleepy
post Apr 12 2018, 06:35 AM

On my way

QUOTE(MrWrath @ Apr 11 2018, 11:24 PM)
what about driver and front passenger seat spaciousness, Myvi 2018 or Persona win?
the specs for width, Myvi wins. so Myvi , not so much difference actually.
Myvi have complete overall features and comfort creature.

If you always have something to carry , persona. otherwise , the space at the trunk is just a waste , it's just like apps in your phone that u hardly use at all.
now thinking of ertiga for comfort and larger boots.

This post has been edited by missysleepy: Apr 12 2018, 06:36 AM
ZaiZai1989
post Apr 12 2018, 07:45 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(missysleepy @ Apr 11 2018, 10:22 PM)
after watching some youtube review, one major letdown is the rear seat.

1) small leg room, very uncomfortable for people with longer legs and leg cannot stretch out for resting position, need to tilt.
2) entering and exiting doorway kinda weird and i have a feeling that big size will be finding it difficult
3) Think about this, you want a car to store luggage, so u r someone who loves travelling long distance right. One of the mother of all problem is the seating comfort, u will be basically sitting on a stiff upward seat for the rest of the journey. if you r going for above 100km , this car should not be in the list at all.
I think u mean persona right? Since persona has smaller rear legroom than the myvi?

Well I am driving the car alone most of the time, even with rear passengers i don't think there's any issue, the full length cushion support is much better than myvi, getting in and out is no hassle at all, don't rely so much on review, go and test it out yourself. I have backache driving the new myvi for long distance but not the persona, persona seats support is just superb.
TSbriantwj
post Apr 12 2018, 11:11 AM

Pierluigi Collina

Yea. I agree dont just watch review videos or read reviews. Go test drive both. U'll feel the difference when ur going pedal to the metal

In my case i test drived both. I like the driving experience of Persona. But vvt. While Myvi has vvti. So I went for Myvi. More reliable I would say?

ahsam1212
post Apr 12 2018, 11:22 AM

Getting Started

Persona doesn't come with rear passenger head rest. I dunno how passenger feel when sitting at the back. I sit in showroom car also felt weird.
No doubt front seat is comfy.

This post has been edited by ahsam1212: Apr 12 2018, 11:22 AM
syun83
post Apr 18 2018, 08:25 AM

Group: Newbie

Can someone give comments based on their performance?
I tested drive both cars and feel like persona engine is heavy and slow in accelerating and hardly goes above 100km/hr while myvi feel much smoother?

I need some inputs. Thanks.
samjet
post Apr 18 2018, 12:48 PM

Getting Started

Myvi
+ no delay when u step on pedal
+ asa, auto brake for u, but only works in the range of 4-30km/h I suppose
+ the exterior and interior design, very well.. so damn well
+ legroom for front and rear
+ meter cluster.. the gauges sweep during start up.. nice animation
+ led headlamp and taillamp
- boot space
- sound proof
- the mechanism feedback when u press any buttons.. very lousy

Persona
+ boot space
+ all buttons are good except for the 3 climate control knobs
- throttle delay, quite severe
- fuel consumption as compared to myvi
- dashboard rattling
- the exterior, some find it not so well proportioned
- no led anywhere
- no map light
- no rear headrest
- the head unit.. I’m not sure how the new hu performs
- auto down for driver side window, no autoup

Overall, persona is better if u r assessing the car as a whole. Why? Persona has a more comprehensive system

Eg:
1. Auto door lock with impact sensing auto unlock.. meaning it unlocks when airbags are deployed. it will lock when your reach certain speed, or u drive at low speed for a specific period of time
Plus, u can disable the auto lock feature if u wish.. u can enable/ disable driver’s door unlock only or all 4 doors unlock upon unlocking the car.

2. Upon unlocking by pressing button, all the lights will switch on to welcome you. It won’t switch on when u press the button on the door
When the car is locked, all the lights will switch on as well when u press lock button again

3. It tells u exactly which door is opened.. not just a warning light

4. The safety is definite a tier higher than myvi, despite both also getting 5 stars ncap

5. The overall driving experience. It just outperformed myvi

6. Nvh, better than myvi. However the dashboard rattling is a big turn off. Depends on your luck though

Do note that u can’t have all these aftermarket

Some other things I find it better than myvi
1. The push start button is on the right side, kids have no way to press it accidentally, also u can start the car without sitting into the car.. he button is over the left in myvi

2. The seats for persona is miles better than myvi..

3. Gentle chime when u didn’t put on seatbelt, door not closed properly.. the warning tone in myvi is simply too annoying

amad108
post Apr 18 2018, 04:05 PM

remember the name

Persona still using hydraulic power steering like saga?

Effy92
post Apr 18 2018, 04:14 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(amad108 @ Apr 18 2018, 04:05 PM)
Persona still using hydraulic power steering like saga?
Nope. It's using EPS same as Iriz.
cktang
post Apr 18 2018, 06:06 PM

Myvi
-better engine and gearbox, fuel saving.
-more leg rooms but smaller boot spaces.
-rattles problem from the doors, soundproof are poor. Doors, roof, floor soundproof can be added easily but the engine bay firewall sound deadening requires to dismantle the dashboard.
-the eco idle are useless, battery replacement more expensive.

Persona
-Heavier so higher fuel consumption, engine old tech need to change timing belt after 100,000km, cvt jerking when cruising less than 15km/hr, engine powerful enough for daily use, floor the pedal 3/4 will naik fast to 130km/hr.
-Dashboard need to sumbat sponge then no more rattling, original soundproof are good under 100km/hr, over can hear wind noise.
-Handling is good, hardly need to move the steering unless turning.

Im a persona owner, buy that time can only choose between the bezza. (Got 3 years totally free service promotion from proton). If buy now?? big possibility myvi, better fuel saving and resale value the big reasons.
jacobngen87
post Apr 19 2018, 07:38 AM

Why not wait for the new Tong San Geely Sona

tongue.gif

Maybe it'll come with a turbo

delsoo
post May 1 2018, 10:50 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(theanswer @ Feb 12 2018, 09:58 AM)
it depends on your usage. both can be a good car with good spec (myvi a bit better with led headlamp). persona offers better boot space and better highway cruising. since your old car is city, i assume u still needs a big boot space..so the answer is persona.
city idsi or vtec ? laugh.gif
mifard
post May 1 2018, 12:06 PM

Getting Started

Myvi 1.3 is ok but is it Myvi 1.5 have a good FC? Doubt about it hmm.gif
Jag23sys
post May 1 2018, 07:09 PM

Bro, why you want old engine? Go for MyVi.

folks8hcore
post May 3 2018, 09:43 AM

QUOTE(cktang @ Apr 18 2018, 06:06 PM)
Myvi
-better engine and gearbox, fuel saving.
-more leg rooms but smaller boot spaces.
-rattles problem from the doors, soundproof are poor. Doors, roof, floor soundproof can be added easily but the engine bay firewall sound deadening requires to dismantle the dashboard.
-the eco idle are useless, battery replacement more expensive.

Persona
-Heavier so higher fuel consumption, engine old tech need to change timing belt after 100,000km, cvt jerking when cruising less than 15km/hr, engine powerful enough for daily use, floor the pedal 3/4 will naik fast to 130km/hr.
-Dashboard need to sumbat sponge then no more rattling, original soundproof are good under 100km/hr, over can hear wind noise.
-Handling is good, hardly need to move the steering unless turning.

Im a persona owner, buy that time can only choose between the bezza. (Got 3 years totally free service promotion from proton). If buy now?? big possibility myvi, better fuel saving and resale value the big reasons.
I will choose latest Persona over latest Myvi anytime for the Boot space and car handling. And the most important I want to highlight is car safety especially facing accident regardless or minor or major accident. Used to own an older myvi before and only realized how "Good" the car chassis structure designed and produced after facing a accident.

Remember, Life is more important than money - fuel saving and resale value. thumbup.gif

This post has been edited by folks8hcore: May 3 2018, 09:44 AM

5 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 >Top

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0815sec    1.09    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 20th June 2019 - 04:30 AM