Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Illegear Raven 7 Day Impression Review, Based on a Gamer Girl's Opinion (Enquiries/Recommendations)

views

dylan_chng
post May 15 2019, 06:19 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(7cantona @ May 15 2019, 06:10 PM)
hi, so how old is ur raven ?
is reliability an issue ?
about 10 weeks old
reliability is not an issue. Only issue so far for me is the Raven Command Centre.
7cantona
post May 15 2019, 06:27 PM

On my way
586 posts

QUOTE(dylan_chng @ May 15 2019, 06:19 PM)
about 10 weeks old
reliability is not an issue. Only issue so far for me is the Raven Command Centre.
okay , i see smile.gif

each model got own Command Centre ? not 1 under illegear ?
dylan_chng
post May 15 2019, 08:25 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(7cantona @ May 15 2019, 06:27 PM)
okay , i see  smile.gif

each model got own Command Centre ? not 1 under illegear ?
each model got own command centre however some models share command centre with other models from Illegear if not mistaken.
7cantona
post May 16 2019, 02:51 AM

On my way
586 posts

QUOTE(dylan_chng @ May 15 2019, 08:25 PM)
each  model got own command centre however some models share command centre with other models from Illegear if not mistaken.
ok, i see hmm.gif
so u satisfy with ur Illegear ?
clement7621
post May 16 2019, 12:16 PM

Getting Started
155 posts

Can I know is it bulky and heavy to you ?
dylan_chng
post May 16 2019, 01:17 PM

Casual
381 posts

QUOTE(7cantona @ May 16 2019, 02:51 AM)
ok, i see  hmm.gif
so u satisfy with ur Illegear ?
Yeap. I'm satisfy with my my Illegear.
7cantona
post May 18 2019, 01:53 AM

On my way
586 posts

QUOTE(dylan_chng @ May 16 2019, 01:17 PM)
Yeap. I'm satisfy with my my Illegear.
considering buying 1 wink.gif
imalmighty
post Jun 30 2019, 01:43 AM

On my way
671 posts

Yo, may i know if illegear include a recovery partition to store a copy of OS image so one can recover to factory default when things go wrong like every other manufacturers?
csyoong
post Aug 7 2019, 04:57 PM

2 posts

QUOTE(7cantona @ May 18 2019, 01:53 AM)
considering buying 1  wink.gif
I would not recommend this laptop based on my 1 year experience of using it.
First off, while it might look cool having mechanical keyboard on laptop, the tactile feel is odd IMHO .I often accidentally "hooked" off the other keyboard keys as i typing as the key is thin and quite oddly elevated off the base.

Next, I personally feel the quality of the hardware is not on par to what you get from other brand(similar specs) particularly on the keyboard itself. I have claimed my warranty twice in 1 YEAR and looking for the third if i find the current problem is not from software. 1st issue is that my backspace and a few surrounding buttons self-trigger when the GPU temperature is high. 2nd issue(even worse) is the entire keyboard unable to work(including RGB lighting) plus the PC can't operate without battery. The current issues i am having is my 1st row of buttons (F1 - Pg Dw excluding a few ) are faulty as it cannot trigger any of the button without pressing thw neighbour button. My laptop had failed to detect any wifi despite i reinstall the driver.

Lastly, while there is nothing personal against illegear customer service, unless I stays in KL(I am in East Malaysia), i will not look forward to their product anymore since i spent a lot of time, effort and money just to claim the warranty.

This post has been edited by csyoong: Aug 14 2019, 08:45 AM
7cantona
post Aug 8 2019, 02:50 AM

On my way
586 posts

QUOTE(csyoong @ Aug 7 2019, 04:57 PM)
I would not recommend this laptop based on my 1 year experience of using it.
First off, while it might look cool having mechanical keyboard on laptop, the tactile feel is odd IMHO .I often accidentally "hooked" off the other keyboard keys as i typing as the key is thin and quite oddly elevated off the base.

Next, I personally feel the quality of the hardware is not on par to what you get from other brand(similar specs) particularly on the keyboard itself. I have claimed my warranty twice in 1 YEAR  and looking for the third if i find the current problem is not from software. 1st issue is that my backspace and a few surrounding  buttons self-trigger when the GPU temperature is high. 2nd issue(even worse) is the entire keyboard unable to work(including RGB lighting). The current issues i am having is my 1st row of buttons (F1 - Pg Dw excluding a few ) are faulty as it cannot trigger any of the button without pressing thw neighbour button. My laptop had failed to detect any wifi despite i reinstall the driver.

Lastly, while there is nothing personal against illegear customer service, unless I stays in KL(I am in East Malaysia), i will not look forward to their product anymore since i spent a lot of time, effort and money just to claim the warranty.
blink.gif claimed warranty twice, thats more than bad luck d blink.gif
thanks 4 telling me all that notworthy.gif

i will research more

3 Pages < 1 2 3Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0324sec    1.50    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 21st November 2019 - 09:11 AM