Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Accounting Degree IPTA/IPTS

grassshw
post Feb 14 2018, 10:32 PM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(Blofeld @ Feb 14 2018, 01:52 PM)
You can still do the professional papers such as ACCA etc although you get the automatic membership upon application with MIA. The good thing is that it's a safety net in case you find it difficult to get through ACCA.

I don't have the info because i'm not a staff in either universities.

But talking on employability, the local Big Four prefer recruiting their staff from the public unis.
Alright, I appreciate your reply though. I'll think about it, thank you!! biggrin.gif
grassshw
post Feb 14 2018, 10:34 PM

QUOTE(hirano @ Feb 14 2018, 05:42 PM)
Even though you didn't meet the requirement for UUM or other IPTA (non-RU), do still apply through UPU and make an appeal afterwards. Who knows luck is on your side. UUM is quite good in accounting.
UUM's accounting course should be very competitive and more difficult to get in, since it's so popular...
But yes, I'll be sure to appeal if I have the chance!
Thanks for replying smile.gif
makopl
post Feb 14 2018, 11:10 PM

Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(grassshw @ Feb 11 2018, 10:44 PM)
Yeah, most IPTA/IPTS (the ones I know anyway) give exemptions for the first 9 ACCA papers.
I still wish to have a degree for accounting, because working at banks is also an alternative (in my knowledge? I'm not exactly sure...) if I don't become an accountant.
However, I would like to ask, if I took my degree in universities that are recognised by the MIA, this means after 3 yrs of working experience, I may apply for their membership even if I don't complete my ACCA.
Is the difference really big between graduates who have ACCA vs graduates who are MIA member without ACCA?
(This is a slightly stupid question I guess, but there's no harm asking haha)
Also, may I ask what is meant by RU?
For UUM though, I checked and I probably don't meet their requirements...sigh
I know things are looking really bad, that's why I need to think about private universities too.

As for English language, I love it but I'm even more confused and wary, since I don't think career prospects are better than accounting.
I don't want to come across as materialistic or anything but I just don't think English is the best way to go...
I'll still apply in UPU though.

Thanks for your suggestion smile.gif
Hello there.

Ok,let say ACCA now.
Quite surprise most of the people in English forum suggest ACCA,haha.
As I know for some of the chinnese forum and even "quansheng" (Chinese Group here) member normally suggest Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
http://www.quansheng.org/
Let us discuss about both choices,haha.

Yes,as you know ACCA is not easy,even some of the people failed many years and take exams many times.
If you estimate that,your ACCA will pass all paper in your first exam,then it can save your time and money.
As I know,some of the SPM graduate students to that and want to get ACCA before 20 years old so that they can go to the Big 4 as you1 all mention just now= =
But until now,I don't get a news something like "XXX Student get pass all ACCA and go Big 4......"
Maybe they are so polite and modest? I don't know.

So sorry to say,if you can't pass your ACCA as you think,you may lost more money and time than Bachelor Degree.
And you know the standard of ACCA right?Not easy to Pass right?
Even you got ACCA,yes you are very popular in accounting field.
But how about other field?You just a STPM holder.
If you get Bachelor Degree in Accounting or whatever Bachelor Degree la,if you graduate and get a bachelor Degree.
You are bachelor Degree holder in anyfield.
For example,a manager in shopping mall.Somebody come and interview,what is your education background,Bachelor Degree(Even not a Bachelor Degree in Management).But for ACCA,you can say ACCA,but this is not accounting field here,you are just STPM holder.
So normally of course a Bachelor Degree holder have higher opputunity than STPM holder.
If not,so many students give so many money to get Bachelor Degree for what?Just for Happiness?haha.

If you want Accounting,for safety purpose,Bachelor Degree in Accounting first,skip 9 paper ACCA then continue to finish all ACCA paper.
Then you have Bachelor Degree and full ACCA,both you get,haha.
If you go ACCA,no Bachelor Degree,then after ACCA finish,don't say you graduate from university.
Because normally the students have Degree,then only we say the students graduate from university.
You just finish Accounting Professional Paper,not graduate from university because you don't have any Degree.

Is the difference really big between graduates who have ACCA vs graduates who are MIA member without ACCA?
Of course the people have ACCA have more benifit,more company want,higher salary or others.
But ACCA only give you benifit in accounting field.Do not think that you get ACCA and then have many benifit when you apply maybe reporter jobs.
If it is not much difference,then so many people go and take ACCA exam for what?Just for happiness?haha.

Don't related 100% your bachelor Degree and your jobs later.
Some people may say,why you want to do accountting as job and dont want do ACCA now?Dont waste time waste money lah.
If you think like that,Can you estimate what number will open tommorow Toto 4D?Haha.
Nobody knows what will happen in the future,so it is better to choose something that is more stable.
If you do Bachelor Degree in Accounting,of course you can do Accounting,if you don't want or maybe "accident" happen,you don't want to do in Accounting field,is ok, you can jump to other field,a bachelor Degree holder.
But If you ACCA,you must continue Account,and if you jump to other field,just STPM holder,start from other fields again?Compete with bachelor Degree holders?
Bachelor Degree seems more stable right?After that you get a Bachelor Degree in accounting,you are stable,you can continue for your ACCA full paper.
Then you have full ACCA + Bachelor Degree,both also get,why we must choose only 1?haha.

RU=Reseach University
That are UM,USM,UKM,UPM,UTM,just these.
And UUM is the big boss in Non-RU haha.
If you just compare Non-RU,UUM is the hardest university to get in.
UUM open so many Business Courses or we say Commerce Courses.
So many Art students will go and apply UUM and so many people of course this is the big competition,hard to get in.

Its ok,just keep going.
grassshw
post Feb 14 2018, 11:28 PM

QUOTE(makopl @ Feb 14 2018, 10:31 PM)
Hello there.

First thing,how about your STPM PBS,all A (4.00)?
Its ok,just try your best then ok lah.
So many STPM science students that failed Chemistry and Biology will cry when there see "I did really bad in STPM Chemistry/Biology" = =
So sorry to say,gonna lie or not is not important anymore here.
Why you choose STPM but not Matrikulasi,want to stay at home?Haha.

Ok,you want to get Bachelor Degree in Acccounting when you apply UPU.
You want pure accounting courses,just the courses that can skip normally 9 ACCA Paper.
Or just the courses that involve Accounting,not limit yourself for just pure Accounting?
You say you take Account in SPM,so is A or A+?You take pure science + account?
And then do you still remember your account?= =Why you want to do account now?
Actually science students are very benifit in applying UPU,you can get other science courses maybe more easy than you think.
Or you don't want science courses anymore?So how about other fields?Business?Management?or others?

To get in local university,they look for many results,not 100% STPM results.
Even they look at SPM results,MUET results,Kokurikulum Marks,Interview results(For the courses that need Interview)
and the most important is the technique to fill UPU,how you fill your UPU?
If you are interested in Chinese Version,you can read my 《UPU filling technique》
http://makopl9574.blogspot.my/search/label...%A4%A7%E5%85%A8
So sorry to say,even you can't get any offer,or even you want to change university or change courses that they give you.
You can read my《UPU Rayuan technique》here.
http://makopl9574.blogspot.my/search/label...%88%86%E4%BA%AB
You can refer to the Surat Rayuan here and write a Surat Rayuan and send to the office.
For example,Ali get UMT Civil Engineering,he want to go to UKM Accounting.
So he can refer here and write Surat Rayuan here.
There are many version of Surat Rayuan in this link and every version of surat Rayuan got success applicant.
So don't give up easily for your UPU,haha.

English language major courses?
I suggest accounting more than this courses.
Internet is very powerful now,you can study yourself through internet for this courses.
Do you really want to give 3-4 years and give thousand and thousand for this courses.
And then you need Bachelor Degree,and you need to use it later right?
You don't read Bachelor Degree just for happiness right?You need a value Bachelor Degree right?
I don't say what courses are not value,but just compare the courses.
Some courses are value,but some bachelor Degree are more valueable.
Why you don't choose something that more valuable,more jobs opputunity?
If you like English,you still can do English jobs after you Bachelor Degree Accounting graduate.
Not necessarily to make English language major courses then only can do English related jobs later.
So sorry to say,Accounting graduate can do accounting,can do English.
But English graduate only can do English but not Accounting right?(Maybe can do some basic accounting?)
Compare the courses here,some courses have more job opputunity after you graduate.

Universities with good lecturers and friendly coursemates (this is subjective I know), quiet studying environment (zero entertainment is totally fine for me lol)
If you presist to have all of these,then I suggest you give money to Professor to come to your home and teach you only haha.
Or your family establish a university and be the director of the university?haha
For normal IPTA/IPTS You can't choose lecturers right,what is your defination about a good lecturers.
And Friendly coursemates,this is about your relationship skill right?Or as i say,you just be the director of the university= =
Quiet Studying Enviroment,then maybe you can look for "young" IPTA,sometimes they say the university in the "hutan"
Because old university like UKM,it is "hutan" before,but now the "hutan" beside UKM already develop lah,haha.
Then I don't think it "quite" as before loh.

Its ok,just keep going.
Yep, I got A for all coursework smile.gif
Ah, I did apply for matrics before, but I didn't get it even after appealing.
So at that time, obviously I thought STPM is okay, since I still wanna try and get into public u, haha.
I'll be aiming for pure accounting, and yes, I was in science stream and took all 3 science subjects+pure accounting, and I got A+ in accounting.

For your question on my reasons choosing accounting, it's quite similar to your advice regarding English vs Accounting.
I think accounting also provides a lot of job opportunities, and the rest is exactly like you said. It's also the reason why I've chosen science stream all this time.
For science related courses in UPU, I'm not planning to apply for them unless I still have slots to fill (which is highly likely though)
And I'm definitely not thinking of business/management/enterprising fields, I'm not that type of person, this I know myself very well, haha
Wow, thank you for the links! I'll check it out.

Oh, I just wanted to see if anyone could share their experiences on their campuses since I know nothing laugh.gif
I understand that most people are going to have different opinions even given a similar situation, and everything would depend on one's personality and character, even luck, which is why I just requested for some 'subjective' opinions, heh
Also, these questions are more towards IPTS since I can't exactly "choose" IPTA. My bad, I didn't clarify.
I can't just blindly choose a university and just go, right? There's no harm in getting some info, and I appreciate all suggestions.
Thanks for your lengthy reply and encouragement! biggrin.gif
grassshw
post Feb 14 2018, 11:32 PM

QUOTE(makopl @ Feb 14 2018, 11:10 PM)
Hello there.

Ok,let say ACCA now.
Quite surprise most of the people in English forum suggest ACCA,haha.
As I know for some of the chinnese forum and even "quansheng" (Chinese Group here) member normally suggest Bachelor Degree in Accounting.
http://www.quansheng.org/
Let us discuss about both choices,haha.

Yes,as you know ACCA is not easy,even some of the people failed many years and take exams many times.
If you estimate that,your ACCA will pass all paper in your first exam,then it can save your time and money.
As I know,some of the SPM graduate students to that and want to get ACCA before 20 years old so that they can go to the Big 4 as you1 all mention just now= =
But until now,I don't get a news something like "XXX Student get pass all ACCA and go Big 4......"
Maybe they are so polite and modest? I don't know.

So sorry to say,if you can't pass your ACCA as you think,you may lost more money and time than Bachelor Degree.
And you know the standard of ACCA right?Not easy to Pass right?
Even you got ACCA,yes you are very popular in accounting field.
But how about other field?You just a STPM holder.
If you get Bachelor Degree in Accounting or whatever Bachelor Degree la,if you graduate and get a bachelor Degree.
You are bachelor Degree holder in anyfield.
For example,a manager in shopping mall.Somebody come and interview,what is your education background,Bachelor Degree(Even not a Bachelor Degree in Management).But for ACCA,you can say ACCA,but this is not accounting field here,you are just STPM holder.
So normally of course a Bachelor Degree holder have higher opputunity than STPM holder.
If not,so many students give so many money to get Bachelor Degree for what?Just for Happiness?haha.

If you want Accounting,for safety purpose,Bachelor Degree in Accounting first,skip 9 paper ACCA then continue to finish all ACCA paper.
Then you have Bachelor Degree and full ACCA,both you get,haha.
If you go ACCA,no Bachelor Degree,then after ACCA finish,don't say you graduate from university.
Because normally the students have Degree,then only we say the students graduate from university.
You just finish Accounting Professional Paper,not graduate from university because you don't have any Degree.

Of course the people have ACCA have more benifit,more company want,higher salary or others.
But ACCA only give you benifit in accounting field.Do not think that you get ACCA and then have many benifit when you apply maybe reporter jobs.
If it is not much difference,then so many people go and take ACCA exam for what?Just for happiness?haha.

Don't related 100% your bachelor Degree and your jobs later.
Some people may say,why you want to do accountting as job and dont want do ACCA now?Dont waste time waste money lah.
If you think like that,Can you estimate what number will open tommorow Toto 4D?Haha.
Nobody knows what will happen in the future,so it is better to choose something that is more stable.
If you do Bachelor Degree in Accounting,of course you can do Accounting,if you don't want or maybe "accident" happen,you don't want to do in Accounting field,is ok, you can jump to other field,a bachelor Degree holder.
But If you ACCA,you must continue Account,and if you jump to other field,just STPM holder,start from other fields again?Compete with bachelor Degree holders?
Bachelor Degree seems more stable right?After that you get a Bachelor Degree in accounting,you are stable,you can continue for your ACCA full paper.
Then you have full ACCA + Bachelor Degree,both also get,why we must choose only 1?haha.

RU=Reseach University
That are UM,USM,UKM,UPM,UTM,just these.
And UUM is the big boss in Non-RU haha.
If you just compare Non-RU,UUM is the hardest university to get in.
UUM open so many Business Courses or we say Commerce Courses.
So many Art students will go and apply UUM and so many people of course this is the big competition,hard to get in.

Its ok,just keep going.
Yeah... I agree with you too! I've already decided, I won't be taking ACCA/other professional cert only.
Oh, so that's what RUs are. Thanks for explaining, I didn't know what that meant smile.gif
makopl
post Feb 15 2018, 12:24 AM

QUOTE(grassshw @ Feb 14 2018, 11:28 PM)
Yep, I got A for all coursework smile.gif
Ah, I did apply for matrics before, but I didn't get it even after appealing.
So at that time, obviously I thought STPM is okay, since I still wanna try and get into public u, haha.
I'll be aiming for pure accounting, and yes, I was in science stream and took all 3 science subjects+pure accounting, and I got A+ in accounting.

For your question on my reasons choosing accounting, it's quite similar to your advice regarding English vs Accounting.
I think accounting also provides a lot of job opportunities, and the rest is exactly like you said. It's also the reason why I've chosen science stream all this time.
For science related courses in UPU, I'm not planning to apply for them unless I still have slots to fill (which is highly likely though)
And I'm definitely not thinking of business/management/enterprising fields, I'm not that type of person, this I know myself very well, haha
Wow, thank you for the links! I'll check it out.

Oh, I just wanted to see if anyone could share their experiences on their campuses since I know nothing laugh.gif
I understand that most people are going to have different opinions even given a similar situation, and everything would depend on one's personality and character, even luck, which is why I just requested for some 'subjective' opinions, heh
Also, these questions are more towards IPTS since I can't exactly "choose" IPTA. My bad, I didn't clarify.
I can't just blindly choose a university and just go, right? There's no harm in getting some info, and I appreciate all suggestions.
Thanks for your lengthy reply and encouragement!  biggrin.gif
Hello there.

If you are interested in Chinnese version,you may read my《STPM final results' report》
http://makopl9574.blogspot.my/search/label...%8A%A5%E5%91%8A

The ratio marks for each subjects is like that.
PA=29%,22%,29%,20%
Maths T=26.67%,26.67%,26.67%,20%
Chemistry=26.67%,26.67%,26.67%,20%
Biology=26.67%,26.67%,26.67%,20%

The estimate results is like that.
PA=(4.00*0.29)+(3.33*0.22)+(4.00*0.29)+(4.00*0.20)=3.8526
Maths T=(3.33*0.2667)+(2.67*0.2667)+(4.00*0.2667)+(4.00*0.20)=3.467
Biology=(2.33*0.2667)+(2.67*0.2667)+(2.33*0.2667)+(4.00*0.20)=2.754911
Chemistry=(2.67*0.2667)+(2.33*0.2667)+(2.33*0.2667)+(4.00*0.20)=2.754911

Estimate is 4.00,3.33,2.67,2.67(I think the probability for 2.67 is higher)
so is 3.1675.
PA i think can get A lah,because i still remember my friend also got the same results like you for PA,final grade for PA is A.
And this sem 3 PA I heard many people can't score well right?maybe because of the esei questions quite easy to lose mark.

oo is ok,matrikulasi can go Public University,STPM also can go Public University leh,haha.
some people even some malay is like that,get matrikulasi but want to stay home(normally STPM Form 6 stay at home right?haha)
You only want Account or science subjects?haha.
Dont want commerce courses o.
Science students 3.1 normally can get science courses in university.
See what courses,which university you fill lo.
You can accept any of the university in Malaysia?Include Sabah Sarawak?

For something about Campus,and again chinnese version if you are interested,you can read my 《IPTA Bachelor Degree Hand Book》,haha.
http://makopl9574.blogspot.my/search/label...%AE%9D%E5%85%B8
After you read,maybe you can guest which university i talking about there haha.

Yaya,of course collect any information about your topic,don't care it is agree or disagree or what.
I just curious lah,because I just come in English forum,lowyat.People here more suggest ACCA.
But other Chinese forum,normally suggest Bachelor Degree in Accounting first lah.
I just notice the difference between english forum people and chinese forum people lah and then point out lah.
Not saying that which is correct which is wrong haha,of course everybody can have their oppinion.
We collect the results and analysis,after that we do decision our own haha.
Is same if you go IPTS bah,normally we suggest Bachelor Degree first.
"I can't just blindly choose a university and just go, right? "
See what you think loh,haha,somebody think they just want a cheap Bachelor Degree,and then usefull degree and then working lo.

OK,for a "good" lecturer,I dont know what your defination here lah.
But normally,you can find from the internet,your primary school and secondary school maybe more responsible and maybe better?Haha.
For friendly coursemates,I think nobody can guarantee bah,it really depends on your relationship skill between people?Haha.
And then yes,for quiet study place,for the old university there,normally beside they already develop,so many buildings many cars many peoples,so I don't think it really quiet place bah= =
If you want really quite,something beside jungle,many tree not develop yet,then normally the young university have that.

Its ok,just keep going.
grassshw
post Feb 23 2018, 10:12 PM

QUOTE(makopl @ Feb 15 2018, 12:24 AM)
Hello there.

If you are interested in Chinnese version,you may read my《STPM final results' report》
http://makopl9574.blogspot.my/search/label...%8A%A5%E5%91%8A

The ratio marks for each subjects is like that.
PA=29%,22%,29%,20%
Maths T=26.67%,26.67%,26.67%,20%
Chemistry=26.67%,26.67%,26.67%,20%
Biology=26.67%,26.67%,26.67%,20%

The estimate results is like that.
PA=(4.00*0.29)+(3.33*0.22)+(4.00*0.29)+(4.00*0.20)=3.8526
Maths T=(3.33*0.2667)+(2.67*0.2667)+(4.00*0.2667)+(4.00*0.20)=3.467
Biology=(2.33*0.2667)+(2.67*0.2667)+(2.33*0.2667)+(4.00*0.20)=2.754911
Chemistry=(2.67*0.2667)+(2.33*0.2667)+(2.33*0.2667)+(4.00*0.20)=2.754911

Estimate is 4.00,3.33,2.67,2.67(I think the probability for 2.67 is higher)
so is 3.1675.
PA i think can get A lah,because i still remember my friend also got the same results like you for PA,final grade for PA is A.
And this sem 3 PA I heard many people can't score well right?maybe because of the esei questions quite easy to lose mark.

oo is ok,matrikulasi can go Public University,STPM also can go Public University leh,haha.
some people even some malay is like that,get matrikulasi but want to stay home(normally STPM Form 6 stay at home right?haha)
You only want Account or science subjects?haha.
Dont want commerce courses o.
Science students 3.1 normally can get science courses in university.
See what courses,which university you fill lo.
You can accept any of the university in Malaysia?Include Sabah Sarawak?

For something about Campus,and again chinnese version if you are interested,you can read my 《IPTA Bachelor Degree Hand Book》,haha.
http://makopl9574.blogspot.my/search/label...%AE%9D%E5%85%B8
After you read,maybe you can guest which university i talking about there haha.

Yaya,of course collect any information about your topic,don't care it is agree or disagree or what.
I just curious lah,because I just come in English forum,lowyat.People here more suggest ACCA.
But other Chinese forum,normally suggest Bachelor Degree in Accounting first lah.
I just notice the difference between english forum people and chinese forum people lah and then point out lah.
Not saying that which is correct which is wrong haha,of course everybody can have their oppinion.
We collect the results and analysis,after that we do decision our own haha.
Is same if you go IPTS bah,normally we suggest Bachelor Degree first.
"I can't just blindly choose a university and just go, right? "
See what you think loh,haha,somebody think they just want a cheap Bachelor Degree,and then usefull degree and then working lo.

OK,for a "good" lecturer,I dont know what your defination here lah.
But normally,you can find from the internet,your primary school and secondary school maybe more responsible and maybe better?Haha.
For friendly coursemates,I think nobody can guarantee bah,it really depends on your relationship skill between people?Haha.
And then yes,for quiet study place,for the old university there,normally beside they already develop,so many buildings many cars many peoples,so I don't think it really quiet place bah= =
If you want really quite,something beside jungle,many tree not develop yet,then normally the young university have that.

Its ok,just keep going.
Haha, the cgpa is same with what my classmate estimated for me!
Not sure with sem 3 PA, but I can only say it kinda depends on luck based on my schoolmates and classmates result *shrugs*
Wow, around me if anyone gets matriks/any good offer, they'd certainly go. None of us care about the distance enough to pass on opportunities like that, haha.
Yeah, commerce, business management stuff is not for me. I'd even say it's easier to do science (Maybe not literally, but, yeah sweat.gif )
Even if for science course, idk what to consider...
Of course, I'm willing to go to any university as long as it's an okay univ, UMS UNIMAS included hahaha
Really? I didn't know ohmy.gif This is also my first time asking on a forum, and I don't usually browse education forums.
makopl
post Feb 23 2018, 11:18 PM

QUOTE(grassshw @ Feb 23 2018, 10:12 PM)
Haha, the cgpa is same with what my classmate estimated for me!
Not sure with sem 3 PA, but I can only say it kinda depends on luck based on my schoolmates and classmates result *shrugs*
Wow, around me if anyone gets matriks/any good offer, they'd certainly go. None of us care about the distance enough to pass on opportunities like that, haha.
Yeah, commerce, business management stuff is not for me. I'd even say it's easier to do science (Maybe not literally, but, yeah sweat.gif )
Even if for science course, idk what to consider...
Of course, I'm willing to go to any university as long as it's an okay univ, UMS UNIMAS included hahaha
Really? I didn't know ohmy.gif This is also my first time asking on a forum, and I don't usually browse education forums.
Hello there.

For me,most of the results are get from calculation and not luck,haha.
Pengajian Am Sem 3 last time,the questions are quite tricky.
Somebody say maybe it is Esei problem?
Awal kemerdekaan write sebelum kemerdekaan,then most of the point wrong and lost mark.
Isu harga minyak,kepupusan sumber asli dan perubahan iklim,you must write the point based on these and repeat this isu many many times if not then lost some marks.
Faedah pemindahan teknologi pertanian,normally the students that do not learn about pertanian is quite hard lah.
And not may students know how to "create" the contoh by theyself,haha.
The topics are quite challenging,easy to lose mark.

Easy to score in art courses (Just compare,not saying that it is easy as ABC = =)
But you are easy to get in science courses in IPTA,haha.
Quite hard for you to get in Account because this is popular courses,haha.
And you say English,maybe you can score it well,but how about the opportunity at the future?What you can do and you like to do it?
Any other courses?Haha.
How about your Maths and Add Maths SPM?Interested in ICT field?

Yaya,is logic right?
New Place normally not develop yet,because it is young.
And then after that,the place will slowly develop and become old now.
So the old place normally is more develop,haha.

And for IPTA,they choose jungle there,because there got many land right?
When they are young,still jungle yet,not yet develop.
And then they become old,and then they are more develop lah.

You may search more information from internet now,haha.

Its ok,just keep going.
grassshw
post Feb 24 2018, 10:39 PM

QUOTE(makopl @ Feb 23 2018, 11:18 PM)
Hello there.

For me,most of the results are get from calculation and not luck,haha.
Pengajian Am Sem 3 last time,the questions are quite tricky.
Somebody say maybe it is Esei problem?
Awal kemerdekaan write sebelum kemerdekaan,then most of the point wrong and lost mark.
Isu harga minyak,kepupusan sumber asli dan perubahan iklim,you must write the point based on these and repeat this isu many many times if not then lost some marks.
Faedah pemindahan teknologi pertanian,normally the students that do not learn about pertanian is quite hard lah.
And not may students know how to "create" the contoh by theyself,haha.
The topics are quite challenging,easy to lose mark.

Easy to score in art courses (Just compare,not saying that it is easy as ABC = =)
But you are easy to get in science courses in IPTA,haha.
Quite hard for you to get in Account because this is popular courses,haha.
And you say English,maybe you can score it well,but how about the opportunity at the future?What you can do and you like to do it?
Any other courses?Haha.
How about your Maths and Add Maths SPM?Interested in ICT field?

Yaya,is logic right?
New Place normally not develop yet,because it is young.
And then after that,the place will slowly develop and become old now.
So the old place normally is more develop,haha.

And for IPTA,they choose jungle there,because there got many land right?
When they are young,still jungle yet,not yet develop.
And then they become old,and then they are more develop lah.

You may search more information from internet now,haha.

Its ok,just keep going.
For PA essays, the 'keywords'/marking schemes change sometimes, and it's hard for students to gauge, or they're unaware of the technique, maybe.
So for the 'keywords', I just view them as 'luck-dependent', heh. sweat.gif I too manage to get them sometimes, sometimes not in my school exams.
I got A+ for both Maths and Addmaths in SPM. ICT, idk... because I've never learnt ICT before hahahaha
I'm easily attracted by the idea of ICT/Compsci/Engineering(?) or STEM fields because they are said to have good prospects,
but that's pretty much it... it's very shallow of me, and I don't have any ideas other than that.
And it's because of this reason I don't think I'd do well (in some subjects) either. You need to fully commit and be dedicated, there's no turning back.
Or do you perhaps have any suggestions? I can google and try and get to know each subject and what they do, if that's any good.
Thanks!
makopl
post Feb 24 2018, 11:18 PM

QUOTE(grassshw @ Feb 24 2018, 10:39 PM)
For PA essays, the 'keywords'/marking schemes change sometimes, and it's hard for students to gauge, or they're unaware of the technique, maybe.
So for the 'keywords', I just view them as 'luck-dependent', heh.  sweat.gif I too manage to get them sometimes, sometimes not in my school exams.
I got A+ for both Maths and Addmaths in SPM. ICT, idk... because I've never learnt ICT before hahahaha
I'm easily attracted by the idea of ICT/Compsci/Engineering(?) or STEM fields because they are said to have good prospects,
but that's pretty much it... it's very shallow of me, and I don't have any ideas other than that.
And it's because of this reason I don't think I'd do well (in some subjects) either. You need to fully commit and be dedicated, there's no turning back.
Or do you perhaps have any suggestions? I can google and try and get to know each subject and what they do, if that's any good.
Thanks!
Hello there.

I give opinion about STPM Pengajian Am since 2013,ya it may have some changes on the schema.
But the point for now is,the students maybe lost marks because of their simple mistake.
Just like the question say awal kemerdekaan,the student write everything before kemerdekaan,then for sure it is wrong right,haha.
For this,you need a lot of practice,practice makes perfect.
Just like Mathematics,you had learn some maths concept and you are not able to solve all the Maths questions.
Some questions you can solve,some cannot.
What you need to do is just practice your Maths more,then you can solve more questions,same concept here.

Ya,I think most of the ICT students do not learn ICT at SPM,haha.
ICT is science subjects,when you choose sciences courses,you can go to art subjects straight away and anytime.
But if you choose art subjects,it is no turning back,no more science courses after this.
Think about it.

You don't want Commerce,don't want ICT courses.
You only want Account or science courses.
So how about biology courses? Have some idea about it?
For your situation,I suggest you to choose from science courses.

Its ok,just keep going.
scgoh123
post Yesterday, 09:06 PM

【鬼の隠し拳:天地ガエシ】
Group: Senior Member

Wow wild makopl found from cari forum!

If TS (thread starter) has decided to go for accounting path, direct ACCA is more viable for him. Some universities do offer a degree (Like Sunway, UTAR, TARC) when they complete the course. So it's up to him to do his own research properly before making any decisions.

Yes, it's true that a Bachelor's degree, in any field is 'safer' and the degree holders will have higher versatility while finding jobs. But IMHO, accounting seems to be not that way. I have a lot of seniors and relatives studied direct ACCA track and they're doing fine.

If TS has decided to obtain a degree, it's fine too. University life is part of a person's life journey.

But TS, you still have time, please make your decision wisely so that you won't regret later. All the best!

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0659sec    1.31    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 26th February 2018 - 03:45 AM