Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Need advice on refurbished phones Chat

views

GTA5
post Feb 7 2018, 04:37 PM

Regular
1,284 posts

What is your budget and main phone requirements? (eg. Battery, camera, etc)

I am currently using S7e.

Honestly I would recommend you not to get the S7 as its already a 2 years old phone.

Do tell is your budget and requirements and see what we can recommend you.
GTA5
post Feb 8 2018, 06:00 PM

Regular
1,284 posts

QUOTE(nuke13 @ Feb 8 2018, 05:28 PM)
Does 2 years old phones bad? With s7 specs I can use it for another 3-4 years. I dont really care about updates. If samsung not support I can always root and get custom roms.

My main requirement is the camera and 5 inch phone. I'm currently using a 5.5' phone but I dont like how it sit in my pants. Its too big and always sticking out. So, there's not many 5 inch phones with good camera under RM1500. That's why I choose S7. Other choice is the P9 but my wife already using it. I'd like mine different than hers
What phone you currently using now?

If you insist on getting S7, I would advise you not to upgrade to Nougat, cos there are many complaints of battery drain on recent updates.

However Oreo is on the way so let's hope it bring some good stuffs.

I am still on Marshmallow (Android 6.0.1,stock version) and my battery life is still okay.

I plan to delay updating until this version becomes obsolete biggrin.gif

On the camera part I agree with you, it's great.

If you don't prefer 5.5 inch phones then I can't recommend you to try Mi A1 or Nova 2i.

Edit: I forgot the part about it being refurbished. Can't say much cos I never use refurbished phones before. However warranty only probably few months. Maybe you can try find second hand S7 with warranty.

This post has been edited by GTA5: Feb 8 2018, 06:03 PM
GTA5
post Feb 10 2018, 08:17 AM

Regular
1,284 posts

QUOTE(nuke13 @ Feb 9 2018, 09:01 AM)
Thank you for your reply. I'm using Redmi Note 2 now. I was considering Mi A1 and Nova 2i too but the size threw me off. Since not many choice so I opt for S7 since it is more affordable now.

How much for new ones now?
Quite impossible to get new S7 sets now.

S7e got new sets.

Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0127sec    0.17    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:39 AM