Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> No sound from headphone jack

delsoo
post Feb 6 2018, 03:35 PM, updated 7 months ago

Look at all my stars!!
Group: Senior Member

I modified and deleted some registry value at the registry editor there to install dolby theatre v4 on my laptop . Now , the dolby only works with my speaker . When i plugged my headphone in , the headphone is detected , but there's no sound coming from the headphone . How to resolve this issue ? I have tried system restore , problem persists
yhcyber
post Feb 6 2018, 03:38 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Have you tried to reinstall the driver?
delsoo
post Feb 6 2018, 03:38 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(yhcyber @ Feb 6 2018, 03:38 PM)
Have you tried to reinstall the driver?
Reinstall which driver ? The dolby driver ? Or the original Realtek driver ?
yhcyber
post Feb 6 2018, 03:42 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

QUOTE(delsoo @ Feb 6 2018, 03:38 PM)
Reinstall which driver ? The dolby driver ? Or the original Realtek driver ?
I believe that should be your Realtek driver, since it is the basic driver that drive all of your sounds and port works.
GOPI56
post Feb 6 2018, 04:32 PM

On my way

QUOTE(delsoo @ Feb 6 2018, 04:35 PM)
I modified and deleted some registry value at the registry editor there to install dolby theatre v4 on my laptop . Now , the dolby only works with my speaker . When i plugged my headphone in , the headphone is detected , but there's no sound coming from the headphone . How to resolve this issue ? I have tried system restore , problem persists
Did you backup the registry before performing any changes to the registry. It you did the backup, then it can be restored.

delsoo
post Feb 6 2018, 05:09 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(GOPI56 @ Feb 6 2018, 04:32 PM)
Did you backup the registry before performing any changes to the registry. It you did the backup,  then it can be restored.
No , after reinstalling the original Realtek software , all back to normal again . I suspect my laptop cant support Dolby . Anyone also using this laptop here ?
delsoo
post Feb 10 2018, 11:03 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Project_Engineer @ Feb 10 2018, 10:34 PM)
try unplug the headphone jack, does the laptop give sound from the laptop's built-in speaker?
Yes, what's the problem?
BoomerangCircles
post Feb 10 2018, 11:04 PM

Group: Newbie

Restart phone
delsoo
post Feb 10 2018, 11:58 PM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Project_Engineer @ Feb 10 2018, 11:14 PM)
1) test the headphone jack with other device/computer/phone to ensure the headphone functions - eliminate hardware problem
2) set all the settings in your dolby theatre to its default, then reboot

if it doesn't work still and you still wanna use dolby theatre then purchase an usb sound card adapter and plug your headphone to it..
Yes, headphone is definitely working.. Just wondering if my laptop doesn't officially support dolby, if I install it, I still can't enjoy the feature on my laptop?
delsoo
post Feb 11 2018, 12:08 AM

Look at all my stars!!

QUOTE(Project_Engineer @ Feb 11 2018, 12:04 AM)
am thinking the dolby theatre you installed lack some compatibility with your current version of laptop sound card driver. when this happens it is very hard to do diagnostics..

if you use an external usb sound card, then it's up to the usb sound card and its driver whether can support or not already.. then have nothing to do with laptop sound card ady..

but why you wanna install dolby theatre at the first place leh? want to use its specific feature?  hmm.gif
I just wanna enjoy the Dolby surround sound effect and the Dolby bass effect... The ice sound from Asus is crap. The output from the headphone is not so powerful compared to my desktop which has dolby theatre installed....

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0347sec    1.67    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 16th August 2018 - 04:38 AM