RM10 chinese wedding dinner angpaos

views

xcxa23
post Feb 6 2018, 08:47 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,649 posts

I don't see any wrong ..
Wedding dinner is about sharing happiness

And angpao is a sort of good luck/wishing u all the best. From wat I'm told, during grandma era, most angpao inside are hand written wishes..

They came and gip u wishes, it's all the matters.

This post has been edited by xcxa23: Feb 6 2018, 08:47 AM
xcxa23
post Feb 6 2018, 08:52 AM

Look at all my stars!!
2,649 posts

QUOTE(andrekua2 @ Feb 6 2018, 08:42 AM)
LOL...

Personally I dont get invited often because I will just ignore all those invitations via whatsapp/fb/wechat etc. If you need to invite via social media that just mean thats the sort of friendship we are having... not close enough to get invited.

BTW, what most people failed to realized is how hard life is for some people. You maybe earning 5k or 10k a month for your own usage only but not everyone have the same luxury. Some have kids to feed too. Not to mention housing/car loan. Do you have to invite because you are neighbours? My parents has so many neighbours that they grow up together. When I was getting married, they selectively invited those who are better off financially. Is it harsh? Not really. When you are so close with them, you just have to be frank. They maybe ashamed to bao RM50 since really known for tens of years, and you also dont have the financial to really bear all these losses. Just invite them to the buffet on the pre night.

I think people shouldnt simply invite friends or neighbours that they think they should invite. Just invite close friends and relatives. Make the banquet small-medium sized so that you have time to greet the them properly. The food also arrived faster. Then it will be a better experience for everyone. As of now, what I can say is chinese wedding banquet is a nightmare for most people.
Spot on bro
I'm even planning not to have wedding dinner.. I mean all if not most of it those so call relative and friends are 5 years dunno got meet once or not. Even if meet at street also nvr say hi

Might as well safe the money go for longer honeymoon..
But not sure if my other half will agree or not 😂

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0192sec    0.34    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:26 AM