Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> iLife V7s Pro review, Robot Cleaner (Review)

JohnDiew0107
post Feb 5 2018, 03:53 PM, updated 4 months ago

ガンダム、行きます!
Group: Senior Member

This is a summarised review, full review here - https://www.myeverydaytech.com/review-ilife-v7s-pro/

user posted image

After a long day at work, the last thing I want to do when I reach home is to vacuum & mop the floor. Therefore I have been eyeing on a robotic cleaner for the longest time. There are a couple of reasons why I don't pull the trigger earlier - one, the price, and two, the doubt of actual usability of the robot cleaner itself. Until not too long ago, Gearbest has reached out to us so that we could take a look at the iLife V7s Pro, a reasonably priced robot cleaner with plenty of features. After using it for over 3 weeks, here's what I think of the iLife V7s Pro.

Before we get into the review, I have to make clear that while the unit is provided by Gearbest, this is my honest personal review of the device.

Unboxing

user posted image

Opening up the box and we are treated to a bunch of accessories apart from the robot cleaner.
iLife V7s Pro
Charging base + cable
Remote control
Dust box
3x efficient filter
1x primary filter
1x side brush (replacement)
Cleaning tool
Water tank
Mop base
2x mop cloth
User manual

The dry cleaning accessories come with 1 extra spare side brush with the original one came preinstalled on the robot. The dust box takes 2 different layers of filters - one primary filter and 3x replaceable HEPA filters.

For wet mopping, you will need the mop base and they have generously provided 2 pieces of cloth. The water tank serves to provide a continuous supply of water to the cloth while the robot is moving around.

user posted image

The charging base is rather simple with the metal contact at the front.

Remote Control

user posted image

The remote control takes 2x AAA batteries where users can issue certain commands to the robot cleaner such as start/stop cleaning, turning to a specific direction, set auto cleaning time or back to charging dock. It is very handy since it has the timer function to make it work at a certain hour. One problem is that even when you try to control the robot cleaner with the remote control, for some reason, the movement algorithm would always attempt to override your command.

Design & Features

user posted image

The iLife V7s Pro only comes in a single colour option - Rose Gold. I presume it is because that most of the time that the user/buyer are housewives. The design is clean and doesn't seem trying too hard to impress. That is exactly why minimalism is the future. Besides, there is a touch-enabled "Clean" button at the top to start or stop the cleaning process. The front "visor" houses all the required sensors for the robot cleaner to work autonomously. The front bumper panel has a spring-loaded mechanism to detect when the robot has bumped into something. It even has a proximity sensor to prevent the robot from going through the edges such as staircases.

This is a summarised review, full review here - https://www.myeverydaytech.com/review-ilife-v7s-pro/

This post has been edited by JohnDiew0107: Feb 7 2018, 09:54 AM
JIEZZ
post Feb 5 2018, 08:47 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

bro, if buy from gearbest, do we kena custom tax?? for this
JohnDiew0107
post Jun 20 2018, 11:59 AM

ガンダム、行きます!

QUOTE(JIEZZ @ Feb 5 2018, 08:47 PM)
bro, if buy from gearbest, do we kena custom tax?? for this
my friend just bought one, no tax
Axelredan
post Jun 21 2018, 03:26 AM

Getting Started

Is it worth 800rm though? Like the thing could break and has maintenance... Also warranty?
JohnDiew0107
post Jun 21 2018, 09:19 PM

ガンダム、行きます!

QUOTE(Axelredan @ Jun 21 2018, 03:26 AM)
Is it worth 800rm though? Like the thing could break and has maintenance... Also warranty?
been using for almost 6 months for now.. yes it still has maintenance especially the roller need cleaning if any family member has long hair.
blurjoey
post Jun 21 2018, 10:53 PM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(Axelredan @ Jun 21 2018, 03:26 AM)
I'm using an earlier V7s non-pro and until today no issues yet. Only the occasional suicides with wires, etc laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

And recently helped a friend ordered the V7s Pro from Gearbest for rm650+- during a sale... Cheap!

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Jun 21 2018, 10:53 PM
Rhetoric
post Jun 22 2018, 02:01 AM

Getting Started

i think the price is a bit high?. yet again i never own any of this thing but if im new comer i wouldnt go for it.
JohnDiew0107
post Jun 28 2018, 01:44 AM

ガンダム、行きます!

QUOTE(blurjoey @ Jun 21 2018, 10:53 PM)
I'm using an earlier V7s non-pro and until today no issues yet. Only the occasional suicides with wires, etc laugh.gif  laugh.gif  laugh.gif

And recently helped a friend ordered the V7s Pro from Gearbest for rm650+- during a sale... Cheap!
Haha the cables on the floor definitely will jam the roller

QUOTE(Rhetoric @ Jun 22 2018, 02:01 AM)
i think the price is a bit high?. yet again i never own any of this thing but if im new comer i wouldnt go for it.
Have you seen the price of a Samsung robot cleaner?

This post has been edited by JohnDiew0107: Jun 28 2018, 01:45 AM
blurjoey
post Jun 28 2018, 09:36 AM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(JohnDiew0107 @ Jun 28 2018, 01:44 AM)
Haha the cables on the floor definitely will jam the roller
Have you seen the price of a Samsung robot cleaner?
1 day I forgot I put those sticky roach/lizards traps on the floor, that 1 a headache to clean off the glue residue.
blurjoey
post Jul 2 2018, 09:35 AM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(Khoo1 @ Jul 1 2018, 03:07 PM)
Use oil to clean off glue
Use soap to clean off oil.
Used WD40 on the brushes. Very sticky glue in those lizard traps.
blurjoey
post Jul 2 2018, 01:44 PM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(Khoo1 @ Jul 2 2018, 12:53 PM)
you so rich, use WD40. Also can.
Use WD40 is rich meh? sweat.gif sweat.gif sweat.gif
blurjoey
post Jul 2 2018, 01:52 PM

Sumo Hammy!

QUOTE(Khoo1 @ Jul 2 2018, 01:48 PM)
I would not spend money on WD40 to clean off glue.
But that's the use of WD40 wor and WD40 is cheapest solution. My can of WD40 is more than 6 years old laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif It's not like I'm using GooGone to remove the glue... That's more for rich ppl...

This post has been edited by blurjoey: Jul 2 2018, 01:55 PM
faster22
post Jul 13 2018, 07:12 AM

Hi, I bought this model following the tests rather positive, including yours. I am very mixed, after a few days of use. Indeed, I appreciate the low noise (compared to the roomba!), The remote control, but the V7 does not know how to cross the small heights (carpet), it can get stuck and especially the side brush, which is easily blocked and does not turn over.

------------------
Pirate Bay YIFY RARBG

This post has been edited by faster22: Oct 18 2018, 11:30 PM
earshore
post Jul 21 2018, 03:06 PM

Getting Started

the remote control looks cheap. Would have appreciated a more suave look

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0721sec    5.29    5 queries    GZIP Disabled