Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> iLife V7s Pro review, Robot Cleaner (Review)

JohnDiew0107
post Feb 5 2018, 03:53 PM, updated 3w ago

ガンダム、行きます!
Group: Senior Member

This is a summarised review, full review here - https://www.myeverydaytech.com/review-ilife-v7s-pro/

user posted image

After a long day at work, the last thing I want to do when I reach home is to vacuum & mop the floor. Therefore I have been eyeing on a robotic cleaner for the longest time. There are a couple of reasons why I don't pull the trigger earlier - one, the price, and two, the doubt of actual usability of the robot cleaner itself. Until not too long ago, Gearbest has reached out to us so that we could take a look at the iLife V7s Pro, a reasonably priced robot cleaner with plenty of features. After using it for over 3 weeks, here's what I think of the iLife V7s Pro.

Before we get into the review, I have to make clear that while the unit is provided by Gearbest, this is my honest personal review of the device.

Unboxing

user posted image

Opening up the box and we are treated to a bunch of accessories apart from the robot cleaner.
iLife V7s Pro
Charging base + cable
Remote control
Dust box
3x efficient filter
1x primary filter
1x side brush (replacement)
Cleaning tool
Water tank
Mop base
2x mop cloth
User manual

The dry cleaning accessories come with 1 extra spare side brush with the original one came preinstalled on the robot. The dust box takes 2 different layers of filters - one primary filter and 3x replaceable HEPA filters.

For wet mopping, you will need the mop base and they have generously provided 2 pieces of cloth. The water tank serves to provide a continuous supply of water to the cloth while the robot is moving around.

user posted image

The charging base is rather simple with the metal contact at the front.

Remote Control

user posted image

The remote control takes 2x AAA batteries where users can issue certain commands to the robot cleaner such as start/stop cleaning, turning to a specific direction, set auto cleaning time or back to charging dock. It is very handy since it has the timer function to make it work at a certain hour. One problem is that even when you try to control the robot cleaner with the remote control, for some reason, the movement algorithm would always attempt to override your command.

Design & Features

user posted image

The iLife V7s Pro only comes in a single colour option - Rose Gold. I presume it is because that most of the time that the user/buyer are housewives. The design is clean and doesn't seem trying too hard to impress. That is exactly why minimalism is the future. Besides, there is a touch-enabled "Clean" button at the top to start or stop the cleaning process. The front "visor" houses all the required sensors for the robot cleaner to work autonomously. The front bumper panel has a spring-loaded mechanism to detect when the robot has bumped into something. It even has a proximity sensor to prevent the robot from going through the edges such as staircases.

This is a summarised review, full review here - https://www.myeverydaytech.com/review-ilife-v7s-pro/

This post has been edited by JohnDiew0107: Feb 7 2018, 09:54 AM
JIEZZ
post Feb 5 2018, 08:47 PM

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

bro, if buy from gearbest, do we kena custom tax?? for this

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0624sec    4.04    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th February 2018 - 06:05 PM