Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Twin babies

braindeath
post Feb 5 2018, 08:03 AM, updated 2w ago

Casual
Group: Junior Member

Hi, may i know if any you got a twin?

Any experience having them? What to prepare etc?

Wife is now 7weeks pregnant and by the scan details expected to be a twin

Excited but i'm also scared blush.gif expect to add another one but here comes two more.
haaziqbasir
post Feb 5 2018, 08:25 AM

Group: Newbie

Good luck to you man!
braindeath
post Feb 5 2018, 08:55 AM

Casual

QUOTE(haaziqbasir @ Feb 5 2018, 08:25 AM)
Good luck to you man!
Thank you.

Here comes the sleepless night
lowkl
post Feb 12 2018, 04:23 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(braindeath @ Feb 5 2018, 08:55 AM)
Thank you.

Here comes the sleepless night
Firstly, congratulations!

From your posting, I believe this is not your first. As such, I think you know it is not really possible to encompass all the aspects of becoming a parent. However, you are now probably much more experienced in the whole process.

The only thing I can think of mentioning is that raising twins is not a solo sport; very much a team event. Both parents must be fully involved, preferably with the involvement of the extended family as well.

You are in for an AMAZING life!!
braindeath
post Feb 12 2018, 11:04 PM

Casual

QUOTE(lowkl @ Feb 12 2018, 04:23 PM)
Firstly, congratulations!

From your posting, I believe this is not your first. As such, I think you know it is not really possible to encompass all the aspects of becoming a parent. However, you are now probably much more experienced in the whole process.

The only thing I can think of mentioning is that raising twins is not a solo sport; very much a team event. Both parents must be fully involved, preferably with the involvement of the extended family as well.

You are in for an AMAZING life!!
Thank you.

Hopefully everything will be going as plan. Wife mention expect her to go for a ceaser procedure, so need to prepare a month earlier for any sign.

For me it's still early, real headache now to choose a twin stroller laugh.gif
lowkl
post Feb 13 2018, 12:53 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(braindeath @ Feb 12 2018, 11:04 PM)
Thank you.

Hopefully everything will be going as plan. Wife mention expect her to go for a ceaser procedure, so need to prepare a month earlier for any sign.

For me it's still early, real headache now to choose a twin stroller laugh.gif
My twins were also delivered via C-section and also a month early. It is quite common for twins.

Suggest you don't rush to buy things. Very often friends and family give these things, and don't be shy to accept hand-me-downs. For infant things they will all be in perfect condition. They will quickly outgrow clothes and accessories much faster than wearing them out.

BTW twin strollers are very good to show off, but are crazy bulky and very often impractical. I got a secondhand unit and didn't even use once! Get two that are as light as possible and can fold small enough to fit two in your car boot.
braindeath
post Feb 13 2018, 07:22 AM

Casual

QUOTE(lowkl @ Feb 13 2018, 12:53 AM)
My twins were also delivered via C-section and also a month early. It is quite common for twins.

Suggest you don't rush to buy things. Very often friends and family give these things, and don't be shy to accept hand-me-downs. For infant things they will all be in perfect condition. They will quickly outgrow clothes and accessories much faster than wearing them out.

BTW twin strollers are very good to show off, but are crazy bulky and very often impractical. I got a secondhand unit and didn't even use once! Get two that are as light as possible and can fold small enough to fit two in your car boot.
Yes, i am working abroad. So wife said be home atleast a month earlier just to be safe.

I dont really mind about those baby stuff. Like i said the hardest decision right now to buy the twin stroller, eye on joovy twin roo +, but as you said it is good only as a show off accessories. But to get another two separate stroller means me and my wife will have three stroller to push. Quite inconvenient i guess. rclxub.gif
Kekikan
post Feb 13 2018, 02:41 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(braindeath @ Feb 5 2018, 08:03 AM)
Hi, may i know if any you got a twin?

Any experience having them? What to prepare etc?

Wife is now 7weeks pregnant and by the scan details expected to be a twin

Excited but i'm also scared blush.gif  expect to add another one but here comes two more.
Just a question, are they identical or fraternal twins? May be too early to check now but just curious...
braindeath
post Feb 13 2018, 03:36 PM

Casual

QUOTE(Kekikan @ Feb 13 2018, 02:41 PM)
Just a question, are they identical or fraternal twins? May be too early to check now but just curious...
Can see two sac form the scan pic, so wife said it is fraternal twin

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0542sec    1.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 25th February 2018 - 05:50 AM