Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> PM: Lancar Kedai Rakyat 1Malaysia 2.0, Yang Lebih Terbuka, Berdaya Saing News

views

Proton Supir-ma S
post Feb 4 2018, 09:09 PM

3 posts

QUOTE(JimbeamofNRT @ Feb 4 2018, 09:03 PM)
I have no idea bro. maybe the cost to repack, etc etc

some kr1m products never cheap lah since the beginning

user posted image

user posted image

That's y I suggested if there's possible KR1M to sell cheaper because others can, why KR1M cannot? Like just now someone mention KR1M sells higher maybe due to higher supplier cost, it does sounds logic right?
JimbeamofNRT
post Feb 4 2018, 09:11 PM

the Original Lanji@_ Chicken Rice Shop Since 2002
1,456 posts

QUOTE(clouds @ Feb 4 2018, 07:32 PM)
Then wat happen tu program TUKAR before?

user posted image

user posted image
It wasn't a gomen grant from the start, so many issues around this TUKAR before

https://www.thestar.com.my/opinion/letters/...nging-fortunes/

Factual error 1: Store owner was forced to accept Checkers Supermarket as their consultant and supplier.

Clarification: Checkers Supermarket is neither on the Tukar panel of consultants nor its panel of suppliers. In the case of the Mary Provision Store, TESCO Malaysia was the assigned consultant and Checkers was the supplier of goods the store owner had chosen for herself. It is the right of store owners to choose their own suppliers.

Factual error 2: Store owner was forced to engage the services of contractors for their store renovation.

Clarification: Tukar participants have the right to refuse any renovations, contractors or costing recommended to them.

Construction work will only be carried through once the store owner signs off on all quotations.

Factual error 3: Shopkeeper claims she incurred a RM60,000 debt which includes RM40,000 for refurbishment and RM20,000 for sundry goods

Clarification: Each Tukar participant is allocated RM80,000 maximum in loans for a store, of which RM30,000 is used for stocks and RM50,000 for store renovations. Owners have the right to borrow as little as they need but cannot go higher than the RM80,000 limit.

The repayment period for the loan is capped at 15 years at an interest rate of 3% per annum on a reducing balance basis.

The storekeeper had claimed in the TMI report that the RM40,000 cost for renovation was unjustified, “where they only added some lights, painted, rearranged my shop, fixed the wiring, racks and my cash machine. I don’t think the real cost would come up to that.”

If TMI had checked with the Ministry, they would understand that the RM40,000 also included big ticket items like gondolas, a new store signboard, rewiring of the entire store for high-energy consumption equipment, and a new point-of-sales system.

Read more at https://www.thestar.com.my/opinion/letters/...trpISsBWMoVU.99
SUSskyblu3
post Feb 4 2018, 09:12 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

Seriously.... What happened to type KR version 1.0?

Don't see any around anymore.
JimbeamofNRT
post Feb 4 2018, 09:20 PM

1,456 posts

QUOTE(Proton Supir-ma S @ Feb 4 2018, 09:09 PM)
That's y I suggested if there's possible KR1M to sell cheaper because others can, why KR1M cannot? Like just now someone mention KR1M sells higher maybe due to higher supplier cost, it does sounds logic right?
to be fair they do sell some stuff cheaper than others. mostly generic items

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

just like tesco value and tesco choice products

meanwhile , tesco pernama express store also quite ok lah. price wise kenot compare to 99 speedmart. but they offer more varieties .

user posted image

JimbeamofNRT
post Feb 4 2018, 09:21 PM

1,456 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Feb 4 2018, 09:12 PM)
Seriously.... What happened to type KR version 1.0?

Don't see any around anymore.
closed already for good

https://www.bharian.com.my/berita/nasional/...tup-sejak-isnin

silent_stalker
post Feb 4 2018, 09:28 PM

Enthusiast
852 posts

QUOTE(JimbeamofNRT @ Feb 4 2018, 09:00 PM)
I stopped going to mydin and tesco for so many years already. they used to be cheap but now not anymore

even sometimes I buy vege at jaya grocer is better and fresher than tesco and mydin

giant price also getting better nowadays . but their vege and chicken is like hmmmmmmmmm...

another place I frequently go is matahari ( SSW ). vege is okay. chicken and fish also ok.
I already stop buying fresh produce from supermarkets. Only pasar. Price wise no doubt expensive but confirm fresh.
Theoutspokenguy
post Feb 4 2018, 09:29 PM

I buwee ktards ke ke
4,602 posts

QUOTE(The Sand Cat @ Feb 4 2018, 12:44 PM)
So why KR1M close then?
Kr1m fail because 1 fail marketing 2. Only sell Malaysian low quality stuff and price also not that cheap. 99 speedmart still cheaper.

3rd they target kampung ppl and usually the more spending power feel tough to shop there.

4th songlap so long term sure close down.
JimbeamofNRT
post Feb 4 2018, 09:39 PM

1,456 posts

QUOTE(silent_stalker @ Feb 4 2018, 09:28 PM)
I already stop buying fresh produce from supermarkets. Only pasar. Price wise no doubt expensive but confirm fresh.
of course pasar is more fresh.

once in a while I will go to pasir penambang market to buy some fresh seafoods

user posted image

user posted image

This post has been edited by JimbeamofNRT: Feb 4 2018, 09:42 PM
SUSskyblu3
post Feb 4 2018, 10:02 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(JimbeamofNRT @ Feb 4 2018, 09:21 PM)
Hopeless
Nothing much sustain. Why?
netmatrix
post Feb 4 2018, 10:29 PM

The machine... it sees everything.
6,491 posts

user posted image

user posted image
With the same brand product you can see the RRP difference is 30 cents. The worst of KR1M is rebranding expensive products to be sold cheaper. You see the dish wash liquid bottle design you know it is made by Glo. This brand is not cheap. The same size cost about RM4.35 RRP at the highest priced place. If they rebrand and sell for RM2.90, it is cheap. But then again Lam Soon Labour brand and Harimau brand have RM3.50 RRP on highest price place.

The point is, why KR1M cannot secure the Labour, Daia or Harimau to sell at RM2? Those are not lousy products either. But they do not have the brand name of Glo that existed since the 80s'. Hence the premium price.

In other words, KR1M is not well thought out project by the Gov & Mydin. Like it was for most of everything else the Gov has done in the last 8 years. doh.gif
ahter
post Feb 4 2018, 11:37 PM

Getting Started
250 posts

songlap 2.0
sI Taufu
post Feb 4 2018, 11:39 PM

getting higher and higher
1,597 posts

QUOTE(JimbeamofNRT @ Feb 4 2018, 09:39 PM)
of course pasar is more fresh.

once in a while I will go to pasir penambang market to buy some fresh seafoods

user posted image
that yellow one is whay actually?
Percival II
post Feb 4 2018, 11:47 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(silent_stalker @ Feb 4 2018, 12:54 PM)
99 speedmart/econsave can open wherever they like. They do research 1st to see if such location is profitable. Kr1m on the other hand is forced to open wherever gov wants them. In other words they open where it gives the gov/bn political advantage.
true true.. I do not understand why KRiM 1.0 opened in city, which already covered by even more competitive 99Speedmart and big box stores..

Should open more in rural area / small town in kedah, pahang, kelantan.. which have lower purchasing power and had to pay more for necessity needs. Pampers and susu sure laku.
Percival II
post Feb 4 2018, 11:48 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

QUOTE(silent_stalker @ Feb 4 2018, 12:54 PM)
99 speedmart/econsave can open wherever they like. They do research 1st to see if such location is profitable. Kr1m on the other hand is forced to open wherever gov wants them. In other words they open where it gives the gov/bn political advantage.
true true.. I do not understand why KRiM 1.0 opened in city, which already covered by even more competitive 99Speedmart and big box stores..

Should open more in rural area / small town in kedah, pahang, kelantan.. which have lower purchasing power and had to pay more for necessity needs. Pampers and susu sure laku.
The Sand Cat
post Feb 5 2018, 11:02 AM

25 posts

user posted image

user posted image

Well actually this is my point, how come KR1M sells higher than other shops and by saying that KR1M making loss selling at low price when other shops sells lower and yet earn profit?
QUOTE(Percival II @ Feb 4 2018, 11:47 PM)

If you seek further, there are low income earner in the urban where the point of opening KR1M in the city was to cater these citizen. You'll be surprise that pupil in the rural has better income than those in the city #justsaying
JimbeamofNRT
post Feb 5 2018, 01:33 PM

1,456 posts

QUOTE(netmatrix @ Feb 4 2018, 10:29 PM)
With the same brand product you can see the RRP difference is 30 cents. The worst of KR1M is rebranding expensive products to be sold cheaper. You see the dish wash liquid bottle design you know it is made by Glo. This brand is not cheap. The same size cost about RM4.35 RRP at the highest priced place. If they rebrand and sell for RM2.90, it is cheap. But then again Lam Soon Labour brand and Harimau brand have RM3.50 RRP on highest price place.

The point is, why KR1M cannot secure the Labour, Daia or Harimau to sell at RM2? Those are not lousy products either. But they do not have the brand name of Glo that existed since the 80s'. Hence the premium price.

In other words, KR1M is not well thought out project by the Gov & Mydin. Like it was for most of everything else the Gov has done in the last 8 years. doh.gif
I have no idea why they don't just rebranding china made stuff .
or was it the final product need to have approval from gahmen itself? hence the higher cost?

QUOTE(The Sand Cat @ Feb 5 2018, 11:02 AM)
Well actually this is my point, how come KR1M sells higher than other shops and by saying that KR1M making loss selling at low price when other shops sells lower and yet earn profit?
If you seek further, there are low income earner in the urban where the point of opening KR1M in the city was to cater these citizen. You'll be surprise that pupil in the rural has better income than those in the city #justsaying
I have no idea on that bro. maybe higher operational costs like what netmatrix said
titanz
post Feb 5 2018, 02:55 PM

35 posts

QUOTE(kcchong2000 @ Feb 4 2018, 12:28 PM)
And million dollar questions. Why Mydin create own competitor in the first place whistling.gif
should say create a new child company? (illegitimate one) laugh.gif

4 Pages « < 2 3 4
Bump Topic Add ReplyOptions New Topic

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0140sec    0.30    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:22 PM