Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Asus router unable to detect Unifi account, Part 2( Solve)

views

TSmissysleepy
post Feb 2 2018, 01:53 PM, updated 7y ago

Enthusiast
718 posts

continued from https://forum.lowyat.net/index.php?act=ST&f...0#entry87865668

earlier i have problem getting onto the Asus Configured page in 192.168.1.1 but this have been solved .

Now there's a new problem.

In Asus Configuration main page, in the Quick Internet Setup , i have tried two types of Connection setting which is Auto DHCP and PPPOE type connection . My account username and password given by ISP were correct. ( Checked with Dlink router Dir615 and it work easily.)

The response " Detecting the Internet Connection Timed out"
I did a factory reset again but still doesn't work.

If i plug my dlink in and factory reset the router, the operation is seamless and able to detect the network and connect to the web. Why is Asus giving so much problem even with their wizard setup they claimed to be hassle free and fast.

Any ideas what really goes wrong again. thanks.

This post has been edited by missysleepy: Feb 2 2018, 02:52 PM
calistoga
post Feb 2 2018, 01:59 PM

31 posts

You have to select special config at the bottom of the screen. For unifi, the option is from that screen. You cannot use PPPOE or any standard setting.
TSmissysleepy
post Feb 2 2018, 02:14 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(calistoga @ Feb 2 2018, 01:59 PM)
You have to select special config at the bottom of the screen. For unifi, the option is from that screen. You cannot use PPPOE or any standard setting.
i did try that by selecting Home Unifi . (there's a few option there like Biz unifi etc) (lan4 for Iptv) if this is what you are suggesting for me to work on.

i think i will try this method again. tq

calistoga
post Feb 2 2018, 02:30 PM

31 posts

Yes, if you are using Unifi Home, please select this. I had similar issue when I first setup my router after a full reset. It will only work with Unifi Home or Biz if you are business.
TSmissysleepy
post Feb 2 2018, 02:52 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(calistoga @ Feb 2 2018, 02:30 PM)
Yes, if you are using Unifi Home, please select this. I had similar issue when I first setup my router after a full reset. It will only work with Unifi Home or Biz if you are business.
thank you very much Calistoga, it works again.
appreciate your assistance. rclxms.gif rclxms.gif
TSmissysleepy
post Feb 2 2018, 02:57 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

Thank you to everyone for helping and it takes a while to learn this. Some how i think Asus could help to shorten the learning curve . I found a lot of information by mistakes and only figure a way out how to solve this. The factory reset and the Rescue Discovery may be confusing a bit when the Power LED flicker. If slow flicker its Rescue mode . For Factory reset, blinking is faster. i mistaken these two earlier.
calistoga
post Feb 2 2018, 08:48 PM

31 posts

Glad everything worked out!!
TSmissysleepy
post Feb 2 2018, 09:44 PM

Enthusiast
718 posts

QUOTE(calistoga @ Feb 2 2018, 08:48 PM)
Glad everything worked out!!
So relief after 2 full days were spent to configure it. One thing i discover about Asus support . The person who was suppose to give me some piece of clue decided to stop supporting my troubleshooting process .

I have contacted Apple before to enquire about servicing and their response were quick and they won't said to me my warranty is over and we don't support your expired apparatus. Keep me thinking if i should get Asus router in the future . hmm.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0126sec    0.35    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:21 PM