Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hardware MSI GL62M FPS and Processor Speed Issue

views

TSvincent5143
post Jan 30 2018, 12:15 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
54 posts

Hi sifus,

I face an issue where during my gaming session for Counter-Strike:Global Offensive, the fps keeps fluctuating rapidly until the movement of mouse or keyboard is felt sluggish. My current setting for CS:GO is all Medium with 4xMSAA. I'm getting around 120-150fps when standing ans sometimes may drop to 70-80 fps when moving, shooting ongoing. I've tried put everything auto (high/very high/8xMSAA) but still similar things happened. I tried to put window border-less or full-screen but it doesn't make any changes.

I've tried running other games (i.e. GTA V or Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege) on high but I could get constant fps of 60.

And I've also realized that my processor GHz will not automatically change mode from balanced to high performance. Even though during in game, the power plan will still stay at balanced. I need to swap from sport to comfort and back to sport only the power plan will move to high performance and GHz increases to 3-3.25/3.5 GHz where CPU is at the same time at 70-90% during gaming. After my gaming ends (only task manager opens with other background apps running), it will still stay high performance with high GHz from processor but CPU percentage at 10-20%. Only after I change it back to comfort then it will return to balanced power plan and GHz drops to 1-2.4.

I don't think it should be HDD problem as only CPU facing spike. HDD stays calm at max 10%.

Thus, should my laptop be behaving like this or there's some issue? Since I'm new towards gaming specifications, I'm not sure whether it should be like this.

Looking forward for the help. In the meantime I'll check the keyboard for issues.

Besides that, I think my keyboard is splashed with rain drops but I'm not sure whether inside is affected or not. I've checked my monitor or speaker but they don't have water stain. I don't think this will contribute to the issue but yeah.

Laptop Spec: MSI GL62M 7RDX 1825
Processor: i5-7300HQ with CPU 2.5GHz
RAM: 12GB DDR4
Graphic Card: GTX1050 4GB

Keyboard: Logitech Mechanical Keyboard G413

Thanks!! biggrin.gif

TSvincent5143
post Jan 30 2018, 12:34 AM

Getting Started
54 posts

QUOTE(WiLeKiyO @ Jan 30 2018, 12:29 AM)
Try turning off Vsync and FPS cap.
My v-sync is off and fps cap is set at 300 at the time of gaming. So I really not sure is it because of the processor or keyboard :S
TSvincent5143
post Jan 30 2018, 05:23 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

Hi,

Just giving an update. I've called MSI Malaysia. They've asked me to update my graphics driver and windows update which I've done both. Apparently how but somehow Windows 10 may rollback my software previously.

Will check again later too see whether any progress.

Meanwhile, it's not the keyboard problem. Everything keyboard is A-OK

There might be a possibility where the Windows 10 has bug. Processor issue still haven't update

This post has been edited by vincent5143: Jan 30 2018, 05:24 PM
TSvincent5143
post Feb 13 2018, 12:56 PM

Getting Started
54 posts

Thank you so much for all the help!

Apparently I think the main issue for my question turns out to be the bug of Windows 10. Processor issue still there. Or is it normal for i5 processors to become like that?

On battery processor 1.2 - 0.95GHz.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:25 AM