Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Mobile Security Unlocking

PRANKER
post Jan 29 2018, 09:02 PM, updated 9 months ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

I have no idea about unlocking mobile phones when it was locked. Sometimes it does not work by watching Youtube video tutorials but if i give my mobile in shop then they somehow unlock it. How do they do it?
dexz
post Jan 30 2018, 02:45 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(PRANKER @ Jan 29 2018, 09:02 PM)
I have no idea about unlocking mobile phones when it was locked. Sometimes it does not work by watching Youtube video tutorials but if i give my mobile in shop then they somehow unlock it. How do they do it?
What do you mean by unlocking mobile phone? Are you unable to access youtube at certain places with wifi connected or with mobile data? Maybe you can elaborate abit on this? From what I know any mobile phone can access to youtube via mobile data connection. Unless you are connected to a controlled wifi network. Example office (mostly they blocked youtube so their staff can't access youtube)
PRANKER
post Jan 30 2018, 02:00 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(dexz @ Jan 30 2018, 02:45 AM)
What do you mean by unlocking mobile phone? Are you unable to access youtube at certain places with wifi connected or with mobile data? Maybe you can elaborate abit on this? From what I know any mobile phone can access to youtube via mobile data connection. Unless you are connected to a controlled wifi network. Example office (mostly they blocked youtube so their staff can't access youtube)
No, actually i mean unlocking password protected mobile.(Locked Screen)Sorry that i didn't make it clear.
eddmecha
post Jan 30 2018, 02:32 PM

And its LEGEND...wait for it.........DARY!!
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(PRANKER @ Jan 29 2018, 09:02 PM)
do you mean a stolen phone needs to be unlock?
PRANKER
post Jan 30 2018, 08:32 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(eddmecha @ Jan 30 2018, 02:32 PM)
do you mean a stolen phone needs to be unlock?
No, not a stolen phone. I want to learn it for education purpose, don't judge too quickly bro. tongue.gif

This knowledge can be applied to help people to use their forgotton password phone back again instead of buying a new phone which costs more money. *breathing*...

This post has been edited by PRANKER: Jan 30 2018, 11:10 PM
eddmecha
post Jan 31 2018, 09:36 AM

And its LEGEND...wait for it.........DARY!!

QUOTE(PRANKER @ Jan 30 2018, 08:32 PM)
No, not a stolen phone. I want to learn it for education purpose, don't judge too quickly bro. tongue.gif

This knowledge can be applied to help people to use their forgotton password phone back again instead of buying a new phone which costs more money. *breathing*...
Yeah right "for educational purposes" my arse.either u wanna get into your wife/gf/anyone phone or whatever ur intentions u can find it in other forums not LYN as here don't promote this kind of stuff.
PRANKER
post Jan 31 2018, 01:30 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(eddmecha @ Jan 31 2018, 09:36 AM)
Yeah right "for educational purposes" my arse.either u wanna get into your wife/gf/anyone phone or whatever ur intentions u can find it in other forums not LYN as here don't promote this kind of stuff.
There is no product i given here to promote, yet you're saying i'm promoting "some kind of stuff".(I want to know exactly what kind of stuff i'm promoting here in your next reply) I'm asking a technical question about computer related, so either you answer it or don't. If you don't have the answer, you can go to other forum and answer what you know instead of telling me to go to other forums. I'm not the only one who is going to benefits from asking this kind of question on LYN. Mind it. Don't judge anyone without knowing about them totally. Those intentions you mentioned were not mine but it comes from you.

By the way, do you know the meaning of "Education Purpose"?
karthyhu
post Feb 1 2018, 09:38 AM

Regular

to my understanding...

its the same as asking how to crack windows / how to crack microsoft office / how to jail break iphone etc etc

which lyn forum deems as illegal...
PRANKER
post Feb 1 2018, 11:07 AM

Getting Started

QUOTE(karthyhu @ Feb 1 2018, 09:38 AM)
to my understanding...

its the same as asking how to crack windows / how to crack microsoft office / how to jail break iphone etc etc

which lyn forum deems as illegal...
I'm not sure if LYN deems this as illegal. Those are not illegal to learn. If you ask me, i would say i already know to bypass windows password and people in LYN also helped me considering that wasn't illegal if you use it for ethical purpose. Jailbreaking Iphone or Rooting Android is pretty much not illegal. One of my android phone is already rooted.
Ahsin1987
post Feb 5 2018, 10:25 AM

Getting Started

Why not asking the shop how they do it ?
dtdw
post Feb 5 2018, 11:32 AM

Casual

..//

This post has been edited by dtdw: Feb 5 2018, 11:35 AM
Xaphier
post Feb 5 2018, 04:00 PM

Casual

QUOTE(PRANKER @ Jan 30 2018, 02:00 PM)
No, actually i mean unlocking password protected mobile.(Locked Screen)Sorry that i didn't make it clear.
Can't say for Android, but it is almost impossible for Apple device. Anti brute-force, AES 256-bits encryption, secure enclave processor, etc.

As for Android, it was known to be pretty easy for budget and some no-name brands, some even comes with unprotected root access. And Android does not turn on encryption by default.

With the easy access to the bootloader, many software can just tape to it and brute force it with ease. It wouldn't be easy for known brand like Samsung with encryption on, but for the older devices, there are many ready-made softwares. It has been years since last used Android, so I might be wrong.

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0827sec    5.94    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 15th October 2018 - 09:04 PM