Cafe Racer Bike, Choosing a Model

views

TSchikuera
post Jan 29 2018, 10:16 AM, updated 6y ago

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
749 posts

Hi Sifus,

Plan to buy a new motorcycle

Already using FZ150i but it basically my dad's lol. My honda Future is getting worse cry.gif

Plan to get a 150cc moped but I think, it would be better to upgrade to a 250cc bike.

I'm thinking of buying a Cafe Racer style bike, either KTNS GP250 (if FI, so far no info yet) or CMC Bucaneer 250 Fi. Both price aroung 12k and 15k respectively

Should I go for it?
ZZR-Pilot
post Jan 29 2018, 10:37 AM

Regular
1,049 posts

Why not? Pls do a review too afterwards!
TSchikuera
post Jan 29 2018, 11:07 AM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
749 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Jan 29 2018, 10:37 AM)
Why not? Pls do a review too afterwards!
Could probably get the CMC as it is fuel injected..From the fb group, I suspect KTNS may still use carb

Or I could wait for the GPX Gentleman 200 to arrive here. It's a Thailand brand, coming to our shore in Q2 2018
basilisk
post Jan 29 2018, 11:14 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(chikuera @ Jan 29 2018, 11:07 AM)
Could probably get the CMC as it is fuel injected..From the fb group, I suspect KTNS may still use carb

Or I could wait for the GPX Gentleman 200 to arrive here. It's a Thailand brand, coming to our shore in Q2 2018
if me i was was thailand brand..

in 2009 i almost bought the wht.. ? tiger200? bring in by momos as well.. tht time heboh said thai polis force using it lah.. tht lah..

see today.. long time pupus..

lucky susuki launch belang tht time.. better tiger... lol...

**** it is tiger boxer 200cc..

user posted image

This post has been edited by basilisk: Jan 29 2018, 11:38 AM
TSchikuera
post Jan 29 2018, 11:41 AM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
749 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jan 29 2018, 11:14 AM)
if me i was was thailand brand..

in 2009 i almost bought the wht.. ? tiger200? bring in by momos as well.. tht time heboh said thai polis force using it lah.. tht lah..

see today.. long time pupus..

lucky susuki launch belang tht time.. better tiger... lol...

**** it is tiger boxer 200cc..

user posted image
yeah looks better too with modern retro look like the CB1000r rclxms.gif compared to classic look by the other two

never heard of that. for Momos, I only know their Madass minibike model biggrin.gif but yesterday I saw on the CMC Italjet scooter model, there was a tag written with Momos on it hmm.gif
ZZR-Pilot
post Jan 29 2018, 12:11 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

I used to have a GSXR400-RR lying around the house.

For a while I toyed with the idea of turning it into a cafe racer, but did not know of anyone I could discuss this project with. Ended up selling the bike to a bike collector.

A classic cradle-frame GSXR cafe racer would hv been absolutely wikked, especially a 400cc one.

g3n0c1d3
post Jan 29 2018, 12:19 PM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....
6,493 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Jan 29 2018, 12:11 PM)

For a while I toyed with the idea of turning it into a cafe racer, but did not know of anyone I could discuss this project with. Ended up selling the bike to a bike collector.

A classic cradle-frame GSXR cafe racer would hv been absolutely wikked, especially a 400cc one.
man... should be a sweet project for a cafe racer! last time i was looking for suzuki gs550 for cafe racer project but the price was like.... blink.gif blink.gif too expensive la especially nowdays.

and ive seen ppl modding a cbx750 into a cafe racer... so cun!
shaqmunak
post Jan 29 2018, 12:24 PM

Getting Started
287 posts

modenas v15 also can consider.. only 150cc but look good good price 6k only.
TSchikuera
post Jan 29 2018, 02:13 PM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
749 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Jan 29 2018, 12:11 PM)

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Jan 29 2018, 12:19 PM)
man... should be a sweet project for a cafe racer! last time i was looking for suzuki gs550 for cafe racer project but the price was like....  blink.gif  blink.gif too expensive la especially nowdays.

and ive seen ppl modding a cbx750 into a cafe racer... so cun!
too bad you didnt proceed bro..but totally understand. a project like this would need sheer dedication and of course $$

at least you can see the bike collector make use your bike in a better way rclxms.gif

QUOTE(shaqmunak @ Jan 29 2018, 12:24 PM)
modenas v15 also can consider.. only 150cc but look good good price 6k only.
too bad it's still on carb. also, the looks doesnt excite me more than the other models that have been mentioned.

i want to get higher cc engine too
shaqmunak
post Jan 29 2018, 02:41 PM

Getting Started
287 posts

QUOTE(chikuera @ Jan 29 2018, 02:13 PM)
too bad you didnt proceed bro..but totally understand. a project like this would need sheer dedication and of course $$

at least you can see the bike collector make use your bike in a better way  rclxms.gif
too bad it's still on carb. also, the looks doesnt excite me more than the other models that have been mentioned.

carb cheaper to maintain. you see real life before or not? nice 1, not skinny looking bike.
TSchikuera
post Jan 29 2018, 03:15 PM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
749 posts

QUOTE(shaqmunak @ Jan 29 2018, 02:41 PM)
carb cheaper to maintain. you see real life before or not? nice 1, not skinny looking bike.
have rode past it a couple of times..but havent seen any ready stock at shops. quite nice la but dont like the headlight..

I prefer fuel injection now.. rclxms.gif
g3n0c1d3
post Jan 29 2018, 03:47 PM

hai hai... kazuma dayo....
6,493 posts

QUOTE(chikuera @ Jan 29 2018, 02:13 PM)

at least you can see the bike collector make use your bike in a better way  rclxms.gif

its not that i dont want to do it but at the end of the day, the price was waaaaayyyyy too high. by the time i wanted to do a cafe racer the price for suzuki gs550 sky-rocketed to almost rm6k while before u can get it like less than a grand.

and dont let me talk about the cbx750. went to an auction... a half complete cbx with almost bare and of course engine needs to be fixed cost almost 7k... i kid u not. it really turns me off to do a cafe racer.

even a honda cb125 barn state will cost u around 3k-4k now. really turn me off. maybe after the fad clear, i'll start hunting again for a bargain. right now for the price, i would clearly shy away from buying.
basilisk
post Jan 29 2018, 04:05 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Jan 29 2018, 03:47 PM)

. maybe after the fad clear, i'll start hunting again for a bargain. right now for the price, i would clearly shy away from buying.
dont think the fad will be over bro..

now everything old.. they will say it is rare and the price will remain high and will go higher if they see the chance...

for eg just look at malago 535... price will not be any cheaper... aft almost 20 years or more...

now they have classic ap can bring in old bikes frm jap.. and the open price... can pengsan wan.... biggrin.gif
basilisk
post Jan 29 2018, 04:07 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(chikuera @ Jan 29 2018, 03:15 PM)
have rode past it a couple of times..but havent seen any ready stock at shops. quite nice la but dont like the headlight..

I prefer fuel injection now..  rclxms.gif
wana play china bike have to be brave bro...

always got taoboa to help you...

here i search the name of the bike in china.. u can see all sorts of parts n asesory... lol

https://s.taobao.com/search?q=%E9%BE%99%E5%...&ntoffset=7&s=0

user posted image
TSchikuera
post Jan 29 2018, 04:12 PM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
749 posts

QUOTE(g3n0c|d3 @ Jan 29 2018, 03:47 PM)
its not that i dont want to do it but at the end of the day, the price was waaaaayyyyy too high. by the time i wanted to do a cafe racer the price for suzuki gs550 sky-rocketed to almost rm6k while before u can get it like less than a grand.

and dont let me talk about the cbx750. went to an auction... a half complete cbx with almost bare and of course engine needs to be fixed cost almost 7k... i kid u not. it really turns me off to do a cafe racer.

even a honda cb125 barn state will cost u around 3k-4k now. really turn me off. maybe after the fad clear, i'll start hunting again for a bargain. right now for the price, i would clearly shy away from buying.
that's why i am looking for a ready made bike..can play around a bit to get more cafe racer feel tongue.gif

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jan 29 2018, 04:07 PM)
wana play china bike have to be brave bro...

always got taoboa to help you...

here i search the name of the bike in china.. u can see all sorts of parts n asesory... lol

https://s.taobao.com/search?q=%E9%BE%99%E5%...&ntoffset=7&s=0
user posted image
cmc is now under MForce..which is also in charge of SYM, Benelli, KTNS and few other brands for sparepart etc..so I think it is way better than the old days of China bike here

as for custom parts, I see there have been a lot of shops that cater to the cafe racer enthusiasm. not sure about the price range la

This post has been edited by chikuera: Jan 29 2018, 04:14 PM
basilisk
post Jan 29 2018, 04:27 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(chikuera @ Jan 29 2018, 04:12 PM)
that's why i am looking for a ready made bike..can play around a bit to get more cafe racer feelĀ  tongue.gif
cmc is now under MForce..which is also in charge of SYM, Benelli, KTNS and few other brands for sparepart etc..so I think it is way better than the old days of China bike here

as for custom parts, I see there have been a lot of shops that cater to the cafe racer enthusiasm. not sure about the price range la
u might be surprised that the spare part they bring in here is x times more expensive than u buy direct frm china... and also maybe need to wait long time for parts.... biggrin.gif

cmc is distributed by chear global.. where u heard it is pasang by mforce... i try find, kenot get this info

http://cmcmotorcycles.com.my/about/

"The CMC and Momos brands are assembled under contract licence of Mofaz Motosikal Sdn.Bhd., the manufacturing licence holder, and are distributed by CGSB through a comprehensive network of dealers throughout the country.

Head Office and Administrative functions are based at No.27, Jalan Landasan, Off Jalan Bukit Kuda, Klang, Selangor and plans are underway to for a CMC headquarters to be set up in Shah Alam,Selangor by the end of 2017."

This post has been edited by basilisk: Jan 29 2018, 04:30 PM
TSchikuera
post Jan 29 2018, 04:35 PM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
749 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jan 29 2018, 04:27 PM)
u might be surprised that the spare part they bring in here is x times more expensive than u buy direct frm china... and also maybe need to wait long time for parts....  biggrin.gif

cmc is distributed by chear global.. where u heard it is pasang by mforce... i try find, kenot get this info

http://cmcmotorcycles.com.my/about/
"The CMC and Momos brands are assembled under contract licence of Mofaz Motosikal Sdn.Bhd., the manufacturing licence holder, and are distributed by CGSB through a comprehensive network of dealers throughout the country.

Head Office and Administrative functions are based at No.27, Jalan Landasan, Off Jalan Bukit Kuda, Klang, Selangor and plans are underway to for a CMC headquarters to be set up in Shah Alam,Selangor by the end of 2017."
my mistake. Mforce does take care of KTNS but not CMC doh.gif

I only know Chear Motors at that address. Big showroom but also a dealer for Kawasaki..big one. From google, can see this CMC is just rebranding this model..in Uk, it's called SSR Motorsport rclxms.gif
ZZR-Pilot
post Feb 1 2018, 08:36 PM

Regular
1,049 posts

QUOTE(shaqmunak @ Jan 29 2018, 03:41 PM)
Actually no... carbs more mafan, coz they're mechanical and have a lot of moving parts that can go wrong or wear out.

My old GSXR had 4 Mikuni slide carbs that were a royal pain to fix whenever the carburation goes off tune - the diaphragm would wear out, the needles would wear out, the floats would seize up and the throttle slides would seize up. At the very least, you have to balance all 4 of them individually using vacuum tubes. Then if you kept the bike in storage for too long and didn't use a petrol stabilizer, they get stuffed too.

Oh... and you had problems like flooding in the carb float bowl and you had to screw around with the choke when the engine was cold... hahaha... remember those?

I didn't even dare change the exhaust to a louder one because I couldn't be bothered to pay for a Dynojet jet kit and pay again to have all 4 of them re-jetted and retuned.

EFI is a lot easier. The system will auto compensate to some degree when you change to a loud exhaust, no more jet kits and fiddling with carb needles. And if anything goes wrong, you just replace the damn injector. Abis cerita.

This post has been edited by ZZR-Pilot: Feb 1 2018, 08:39 PM
PedangGila
post Feb 2 2018, 11:35 AM

Enthusiast
918 posts

QUOTE(ZZR-Pilot @ Feb 1 2018, 08:36 PM)
Actually no... carbs more mafan, coz they're mechanical and have a lot of moving parts that can go wrong or wear out.

My old GSXR had 4 Mikuni slide carbs that were a royal pain to fix whenever the carburation goes off tune - the diaphragm would wear out, the needles would wear out, the floats would seize up and the throttle slides would seize up. At the very least, you have to balance all 4 of them individually using vacuum tubes. Then if you kept the bike in storage for too long and didn't use a petrol stabilizer, they get stuffed too.

Oh... and you had problems like flooding in the carb float bowl and you had to screw around with the choke when the engine was cold... hahaha... remember those?

I didn't even dare change the exhaust to a louder one because I couldn't be bothered to pay for a Dynojet jet kit and pay again to have all 4 of them re-jetted and retuned.

EFI is a lot easier. The system will auto compensate to some degree when you change to a loud exhaust, no more jet kits and fiddling with carb needles. And if anything goes wrong, you just replace the damn injector. Abis cerita.
Tau takpe. Pagi2 nak warm up kena stay tepi moto sebab kena main throttle. 3 minit hilang. Last skali punch card 3 minit tu la yang lewat. Ceh
TSchikuera
post Feb 2 2018, 04:18 PM

Nora Bagi 4 Stars!!
749 posts

QUOTE(PedangGila @ Feb 2 2018, 11:35 AM)
Tau takpe. Pagi2 nak warm up kena stay tepi moto sebab kena main throttle. 3 minit hilang. Last skali punch card 3 minit tu la yang lewat. Ceh
now using kapchai also need to main throttle 10 mins..the first 3 traffic lights on the way to work if stop confirm mati engine haha biggrin.gif

4 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0141sec    0.38    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:59 PM