Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Worth to buy Proton X70? Geely BoYue, Mazda CX5 or Honda CRV or S Forester?

views

nbi
post Jul 13 2018, 03:34 PM

Getting Started
253 posts

might consider getting one... where got show car at the moment?
OKLY
post Jul 14 2018, 11:28 AM

The Penguin Vader
Group Icon
Staff
11,946 posts

Spotted a camouflaged unit carrying 4 passengers (include driver) on Karak highway earlier. I believe more test being done for the CKD unit.

This post has been edited by OKLY: Jul 14 2018, 11:28 AM
jucl
post Jul 14 2018, 08:44 PM

Regular
1,375 posts

Sometimes it's the humidity that kills the car and not the hot weather. Even though car are tested to the extreme but that doesn't mean it can withstand our weather
allenw
post Jul 15 2018, 02:36 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(jucl @ Jul 14 2018, 08:44 PM)
Sometimes it's the humidity that kills the car and not the hot weather.  Even though car are tested to the extreme but that doesn't mean it can withstand our weather
I watched a video feed about a woman driver happen to joined a inner Mongolia trip last year.
She shared her real life experience with her Boyue together with a group of other 10 Boyue owners on the trip.
(Yes' they happen to formed a Boyue fan club in North-Eastern region of China).

They happen faced the road condition of:
-47 degree Celsius.
-They went into dirt sand desert road for 10KM-15KM .
-Outskirt area where they on their own, car breaks down might cause the car stays there forever.

Outcomes were:
-Air Con never inside the car never fails. (Didn't see that coming right?)
-Air Con does not cause and performance degrade in the car driving performance.
-10 cars (Boyue) manage through that road, and came without a single fail.
-Those cars all still in good condition dated on the video posted in May 2018. (Except the PVC leather dust cover for the gear box handle keep spoiled every after went thru a round of the summer and winter)

Again, there are differences with the car I referring with: (It is not apple to apple)
-The Boyue car they driving are battery model.
-The humidity is low in inner Mongolia. (Yet, only time can tell what will happen in tropical country...)
-Is the older Boyue model (2016) they driving with, rumors the model of Malaysia Proton adopting with is 2018 model. (Upgraded and fixes)

The video also share on others comments (mostly positive) on the car, but I rather not share too much here.

I looking forward for the upcoming release of the Proton SUV. (Whether they name it as "Bayu", "X7", "Knight" or etc.)

thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by allenw: Jul 15 2018, 02:39 AM
cococonutseller
post Jul 15 2018, 07:15 PM

Getting Started
195 posts

Please dont screw up proton..
Ricky300
post Jul 15 2018, 07:32 PM

Regular
1,514 posts

Found an advertisement here

https://www.mudah.my/2018+NEW+Proton+SUV+A+...8524.htm?last=1
Lez Pall
post Jul 15 2018, 07:35 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(Ricky300 @ Jul 15 2018, 07:32 PM)
Description that they use is for Ertiga lol.

Better to wait another 2 months from now when official bookings are open than falling for a fake early reservation for the car.
Ricky300
post Jul 15 2018, 09:34 PM

Regular
1,514 posts

QUOTE(Lez Pall @ Jul 15 2018, 07:35 PM)
Description that they use is for Ertiga lol.

Better to wait another 2 months from now when official bookings are open than falling for a fake early reservation for the car.
didn't check the content...my bad sweat.gif
SonnyCooL
post Jul 15 2018, 11:09 PM

Web Bastard
5,957 posts

QUOTE(allenw @ Jul 15 2018, 02:36 AM)
I watched a video feed about a woman driver happen to joined a inner Mongolia trip last year.
She shared her real life experience with her Boyue together with a group of other 10 Boyue owners on the trip.
(Yes' they happen to formed a Boyue fan club in North-Eastern region of China).

They happen faced the road condition of:
-47 degree Celsius.
-They went into dirt sand desert road for 10KM-15KM .
-Outskirt area where they on their own, car breaks down might cause the car stays there forever.

Outcomes were:
-Air Con never inside the car never fails. (Didn't see that coming right?)
-Air Con does not cause and performance degrade in the car driving performance.
-10 cars (Boyue) manage through that road, and came without a single fail.
-Those cars all still in good condition dated on the video posted in May 2018. (Except the PVC leather dust cover for the gear box handle keep spoiled every after went thru a round of the summer and winter)

Again, there are differences with the car I referring with: (It is not apple to apple)
-The Boyue car they driving are battery model.
-The humidity is low in inner Mongolia. (Yet, only time can tell what will happen in tropical country...)
-Is the older Boyue model (2016) they driving with, rumors the model of Malaysia Proton adopting with is 2018 model. (Upgraded and fixes)

The video also share on others comments (mostly positive) on the car, but I rather not share too much here.

I looking forward for the upcoming release of the Proton SUV. (Whether they name it as "Bayu", "X7", "Knight" or etc.)

thumbsup.gif
bro ... u response to those WANNABE with zero experience on R&D, product test and so on in automotive, why care, they just nicpick on everything to cover their own incompetence and ego, if product fail they will be louder group to voice out (owning or not is not their main concern) ....
allenw
post Jul 17 2018, 09:44 AM

13 posts

Is OK, there are many types of people around the world.
Sometime I might be like them also. console.gif

The points I shared is not on pursuing them to buying Proton Boyue (no, that is not my intention to share), but rather suggesting them to buy other SUV (CX5, CRV, HRV, X-Trail and etc.) later around after year 2019. biggrin.gif

You all may wonder why I give such suggestion??

As my previous comment on this thread (Post #147) said, "Many people will highly under estimate this car due to the brand discriminate and unfamiliarity of this car"
I believe this car will be the 'Game Changer' in Malaysia SUV market. thumbup.gif

In fact, the Boyue impact is so high, that will caused other brands of SUVs have no choice to pump in more features into their SUVs to keep the competition not too far off. nod.gif
So in consumer perspective, is definite good news for those who plan to buy SUV around/after year 2020... drool.gif

In short, other response to my post is not the major goal to this thread.
But letting other SUV buyers knowing what extra value of the car they will getting home with is the value I intend to bring on.

innocent.gif

Wish you all good health and be blessed.

Chun36
post Jul 17 2018, 09:47 AM

Casual
445 posts

any one has visited proton sales centre to enquire the new suv?

do they have more information than the press? Can i pay rm 1000, to prebook and keep in front of the queue?.

hope to get feedback on above .

mushigen
post Jul 17 2018, 01:29 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,502 posts

QUOTE(Chun36 @ Jul 17 2018, 09:47 AM)
any one has visited proton sales centre to enquire the new suv? 

do they have more information than the press?  Can i pay rm 1000, to prebook and keep in front of the queue?.

hope to get feedback on above .
When I visited a Proton dealer in June, the SA told me he has had people paying booking fee for the Boyue. Not sure whether he was trolling.
voncrane
post Jul 17 2018, 01:32 PM

Noir et fier!
7,082 posts

QUOTE(allenw @ Jul 17 2018, 09:44 AM)
Is OK, there are many types of people around the world.
Sometime I might be like them also.    console.gif

The points I shared is not on pursuing them to buying Proton Boyue (no, that is not my intention to share), but rather suggesting them to buy other SUV (CX5, CRV, HRV, X-Trail and etc.) later around after year 2019biggrin.gif

You all may wonder why I give such suggestion??

As my previous comment on this thread (Post #147) said, "Many people will highly under estimate this car due to the brand discriminate and unfamiliarity of this car"
I believe this car will be the 'Game Changer' in Malaysia SUV market.  thumbup.gif

In fact, the Boyue impact is so high, that will caused other brands of SUVs have no choice to pump in more features into their SUVs to keep the competition not too far off.  nod.gif
So in consumer perspective, is definite good news for those who plan to buy SUV around/after year 2020... drool.gif
In short, other response to my post is not the major goal to this thread.
But letting other SUV buyers knowing what extra value of the car they will getting home with is the value I intend to bring on.

innocent.gif
Wish you all good health and be blessed.
Couldn't agree with you more. Glad to see that someone else gets it. I don't intend to buy this car but I'm also aware of the ripple effect it can cause for us as ordinary consumers. Enough with always stripping things out while we we still pay higher than some countries with full specs. I really wish this car and Proton success. Cuz then, perhaps other brands can see that Malaysians are also about value and not just branding.
destee88
post Jul 20 2018, 12:54 PM

Regular
1,376 posts

anyone knows what is the expected price yet ??/ for the cheapest one how much ??? any infor around ??
stargate8
post Jul 20 2018, 01:18 PM

Live Long and Prosper
1,222 posts

probably the price will only be finalised after SST is finalised
ongth60
post Jul 20 2018, 11:05 PM

41 posts

Review
https://youtu.be/f-HFXl6o2lY
SportyHandling
post Jul 23 2018, 08:30 AM

Casual
421 posts

QUOTE(gkl83 @ Jul 9 2018, 01:01 PM)
as my thought, i think 2nd batch CKD with local manufacture parts should better.
just afraid the parts of CBU made in China which tested under China weather environment only which the part doesn't last long in Malaysia.
Not sure what type of changes that Proton will introduce to the CKD models. I hope the changes would make the car more attractive and not the other way round, especially on the cosmetics part like the spoiler or interior plastics and design etc. The current vehicle in its stock form looks good enough, like an upmarket SUV. Hope the CKD won't turn out being more cheap-looking with the changes.

The SUV itself is already feature-packed, in fact too many features loaded as some commented. So in this sense I"m not sure what other "new" features will be added to the car with the CKD model as mentioned in some articles I've read online, and whether the user will find those features useful or superfluous.
allenw
post Jul 25 2018, 12:20 AM

13 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Jul 23 2018, 08:30 AM)
Not sure what type of changes that Proton will introduce to the CKD models. I hope the changes would make the car more attractive and not the other way round, especially on the cosmetics part like the spoiler or interior plastics and design etc. The current vehicle in its stock form looks good enough, like an upmarket SUV. Hope the CKD won't turn out being more cheap-looking with the changes.

The SUV itself is already feature-packed, in fact too many features loaded as some commented. So in this sense I"m not sure what other "new" features will be added to the car with the CKD model as mentioned in some articles I've read online, and whether the user will find those features useful or superfluous.
I obviously looking for 1.8T CBU model, anyone know who/where able to accept booking?
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif

leon898
post Jul 26 2018, 10:27 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

QUOTE(SportyHandling @ Jul 23 2018, 08:30 AM)

i kinda hate the cosmic design at the grill though...
rakyat
post Jul 26 2018, 02:08 PM

I got stars
1,349 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Jul 26 2018, 10:27 AM)
i kinda hate the cosmic design at the grill though...
Yes me too, very cina apek design. That one definitely will be 'facelifted'.

I like the design of the Proton 'Knight' pictures circulating in social network - horizontal crome lining with the proton tiger logo.

Also looking forward to the renowned Proton tuned chassis to improve the ride and handling of Boyue but most likely only appear in the CKD version

25 Pages « < 8 9 10 11 12 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0222sec    0.42    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:26 PM