Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

25 Pages  1 2 3 > » Bottom

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Worth to buy Proton X70? Geely BoYue, Mazda CX5 or Honda CRV or S Forester?

views

TStalkpolitely123
post Jan 28 2018, 04:59 PM, updated 6y ago

7 posts

Just arrived yesterday at Proton HQ Shah Alam.

Interior nice!

This post has been edited by talkpolitely123: Dec 27 2018, 11:33 PM
Hanford
post Jan 28 2018, 05:04 PM

Casual
424 posts

left side ?
TStalkpolitely123
post Jan 28 2018, 07:08 PM

7 posts

QUOTE(Hanford @ Jan 28 2018, 05:04 PM)
left side ?
Directly imported from China
Lez Pall
post Jan 28 2018, 09:09 PM

46 posts

Still work in progress though. Wait a little later this year before we get more specific details about it. And I predict we'll see the final product around August-September with leaked images and brochures etc.

This post has been edited by Lez Pall: Jan 28 2018, 09:16 PM
adlizinc
post Jan 28 2018, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
64 posts

Geely bought volvo
- they still produce ‘volvo’ cars and came out with alot of new technolgies.

Geely bought proton
- produce Geely cars and just stamped proton badge.

Lez Pall
post Jan 28 2018, 09:36 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(adlizinc @ Jan 28 2018, 09:20 PM)
Geely bought volvo

Geely bought proton
Haiyah, it's still very early on in the partnership and you expect them to produce cars with Volvo tech at this time. Let them figure out their steps first before they test the waters with new technology in their future and existing cars. Not to mention they are a budget brand above all else so having the latest stuff isn't a priority. The cars just need to have a good balance of features, price, quality and value for money.

Nonetheless, this car looks really promising based on several reviews and it's miles ahead of whatever Proton currently has in their lineup so it can't be too bad.
Hanford
post Jan 29 2018, 09:00 AM

Casual
424 posts

QUOTE(talkpolitely123 @ Jan 28 2018, 07:08 PM)
Directly imported from China
so proton malaysia will be right side ?

mlamlam
post Jan 29 2018, 09:05 AM

On my way
604 posts

left handed side?
so it is just for "showroom" car isn't? not possible to sell in Malaysia
SUSVoidDance
post Jan 29 2018, 09:06 AM

34 posts

That is their test vehicle la. Been traveling all over peninsular for the past month for the real-world test in Malaysia.

I think Proton will make some adjustment on temperature control, ride and handling, noise level and some minor tweaks to suit Malaysia's road condition. Boyue is basically a left-hand drive vehicle never intended for tropical right-hand drive condition like in Malaysia. It takes time to reverse tech it.
SKYjack
post Jan 29 2018, 11:19 AM

Casual
310 posts

Info from Geely website, this is a Volvo designed SUV. Plenty of bells & whistles. Looks like the 1.8turbo and 2liter NA is targeted for Malaysian market.

Overseas reviews are pretty good. Poshere inspired interior .Geared towards comfrot, slight body roll evident. Engine & gb responce quoted to be a little slow. I guess that's ok since this is an SUV.

Geely management has agreed to let Proton customise it to Malaysian taste. We'll definately see the harimau emblum at the front grill,which I feel will look better than the present boaring emblum. Heard Proton may tune the chasis for better handling. Hope its not overdone at the expense of comfort. After all this is an SUV.

Will be very interesting to see how this vehicle will pan out.

Lez Pall
post Jan 29 2018, 01:21 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(SKYjack @ Jan 29 2018, 11:19 AM)
Info from Geely website, this is a Volvo designed SUV. Plenty of bells & whistles. Looks like the 1.8turbo and 2liter NA is targeted for Malaysian market.

Overseas reviews are pretty good. Poshere inspired interior .Geared towards comfrot, slight body roll evident. Engine & gb responce  quoted to be a little slow. I guess that's ok since this is an SUV.

Geely management has agreed to let Proton customise it to Malaysian taste. We'll definately see the harimau emblum at the front grill,which I feel will look better than the present boaring emblum. Heard Proton may tune the chasis for better handling. Hope its not overdone at the expense of comfort. After all this is an SUV.

Will be very interesting to see how this vehicle will pan out.
2.0 macam underpowered it looks like, only 139 hp/178nm torque. I don't think people will go for this one if it were to be on sale, they'll go for the 1.8 for sure.

But they do have a 1.4T that is a bit less powerful at 133hp but better torque with 215nm at 2k rpm. The lower power output is made up for by having higher low end torque. I think this is a better candidate for a base model engine, the only trouble is adapting the engine to a 6 speed auto since it's paired with a DCT in its current use.

This post has been edited by Lez Pall: Jan 29 2018, 01:22 PM
SKYjack
post Jan 29 2018, 04:24 PM

Casual
310 posts

QUOTE(Lez Pall @ Jan 29 2018, 01:21 PM)
2.0 macam underpowered it looks like, only 139 hp/178nm torque. I don't think people will go for this one if it were to be on sale, they'll go for the 1.8 for sure.

But they do have a 1.4T that is a bit less powerful at 133hp but better torque with 215nm at 2k rpm. The lower power output is made up for by having higher low end torque. I think this is a better candidate for a base model engine, the only trouble is adapting the engine to a 6 speed auto since it's paired with a DCT in its current use.
Yes I feel the 2liter NA may be underpowered as this vehicle is on the heavy side. I too am keen on the 1.8turbo.

Did not read about any 1.4T at the website, is this Protons consideration? Geely has 2.4liter NA and 1.8turbo for China market. The 2 liter NA is for Malaysian market.

Lez Pall
post Jan 29 2018, 04:47 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(SKYjack @ Jan 29 2018, 04:24 PM)
Yes I feel the 2liter NA may be underpowered as this vehicle is on the heavy side.  I too am keen on the 1.8turbo.

Did not read about any 1.4T at the website, is this Protons consideration? Geely has 2.4liter NA and 1.8turbo for China market. The 2 liter NA is for Malaysian market.
1.4 from Geely lineup, it's in their new Vision S1 crossover. Either that or they'll use the lower powered version of the 1.8T that produces 161hp used in the manual Boyue but paired with an auto transmission for Malaysian market.

I'm betting it's the latter because the CR-V and CX-5 both have similar outputs for their base engines.
leon898
post Jan 30 2018, 08:37 AM

Enthusiast
733 posts

when put turbo, people start complaining about maintenance. when use NA, complain about underpower. Not to mentioned about 'copy china only' sentiment.

welcome boyue. you are fxxk from day one.
nebula87
post Jan 30 2018, 08:40 AM

Fg = mg
1,308 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Jan 30 2018, 08:37 AM)
when put turbo, people start complaining about maintenance. when use NA, complain about underpower. Not to mentioned about 'copy china only' sentiment.

But those supporters say otherwise.

Since Proton mentioned about getting Boyue, all the supporters go crazy about Proton Bayu....Bayu this and that. sad.gif
theanswer
post Jan 30 2018, 10:37 AM

Regular
1,024 posts

QUOTE(adlizinc @ Jan 28 2018, 09:20 PM)
Geely bought volvo

Geely bought proton

geely think that current proton model wont sell.
destee88
post Jan 30 2018, 12:26 PM

Regular
1,376 posts

RM90K below still expensive .. better buy HRV, it should be RM70K around for basic line
Lez Pall
post Jan 30 2018, 01:55 PM

46 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Jan 30 2018, 08:37 AM)

2.0 NA really is underpowered though. They'll very likely just use the 1.8T but with different hp (161 & 181) just like the model in China does.

And yes, the whole sentiment of China products is hard to shake, but if people realize that this car has a lot more to offer quality and features-wise compared to say.....the Perdana at a lower pricepoint, people will see the appeal.
SKYjack
post Jan 30 2018, 11:53 PM

Casual
310 posts

I think if Proton gets the pricing right, this vehicle will do well. Edora has sold well cos price is right for Malaysian public. Compared to Edora, Boyue is a upmarket model.

It has all the bells & whisetles!
jacobngen87
post Jan 31 2018, 07:41 AM

2 posts

QUOTE(theanswer @ Jan 30 2018, 10:37 AM)
geely think that current proton model wont sell.
Proton cars are already the most low cost and budget cheapest car in Malaysia and people are still not buying it why?

Other cars like Perodua and Japanese are much more expensive but they are selling like hot cakes

Geely knew the current Proton cars are just too lousy and will not sell

It's better to just change the Proton logo to Geely and start selling Geely cars here and in SE Asia

That way Proton has a higher chance of making profit rather than using it's own branding and logo which only scares people away

25 Pages  1 2 3 > » Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0230sec    0.24    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:58 PM