Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Problems in Malaysia!, Expat problems

views

donfutsal
post Jan 29 2018, 06:25 PM

Getting Started
182 posts

QUOTE(nomicool @ Jan 27 2018, 04:18 PM)
Hello. This is my first post here. I'm making this post to raise my voice against the many problems we have faced as expatriates during our 4 years in Malaysia. I have now moved back to my home country (Pakistan) but my family is still there and facing problems after problems. I really hope, some helpful member would come up here and give my family the help and support they need.

As an expat in Malaysia, we have been facing numerous problems and no real solution to those problems. Have been robbed, fleeced, hoodwinked, cheated and a lot more during our time in Malaysia. The police doesn't help...no one else helps...no one provides us valid answers. Will post in detail about some of the major problems my family has faced over the period of 4 years, some other time.

Right now I want a solution to our latest problem. I hope some knowledgeable member would enlighten me with their experience.

We had a foreign remittance come in our Maybank account around a month ago. It was against a petroleum trading business my father has been doing. This much awaited payment came in after a long time of facing extreme financial problems, having been robbed and fleeced everytime we attempted to do any business in Malaysia.

The incoming TT originated from Russia and our bank (Maybank) informed us of that they have received the funds intimation and the funds have come in our account (on 4th Jan 2018). Maybank asked us of proof of funds and we provided them with all valid documents and there was no objection whatsoever from their side. They told us that the amount has come in our account but is on HOLD until its trail can be traced by Bank Negara...until that time, we cannot use that money.

The banking officer at Maybank told that he will forward the documents to Bank Negara who will verify them and trace the money trail and release our funds in maximum 3 working days.

All our documents were valid, but days after days passed and we kept on checking with Maybank and they kept on telling us that they have not yet received intimation from Bank Negara.

We asked Maybank if there was anything wrong with the documents, but they said all documents are valid and the process is just taking time. Our bank even told us that the verification has reached at such a stage that my father has even been cleared by the interpol and Bank Negara has asked the source in Russia to send them the hard copy of the contract to complete the verification. As per the banking officer's info, that too had been dispatched by the source in Russia promptly. By the way, we had also already provided the Maybank with copy of the contract in the beginning.

Still to this date, Maybank says they have not received any intimation from Bank Negara and they cannot release our funds until the time they receive instructions from Bank Negara. Maybank has advised us not to approach Bank Negara directly, as they might suspect some foul play...(yeah, right...why are we after OUR OWN MONEY EAGERLY....let the looters and robbers and fraudsters roam free...and instead deprive hard working expats of their very hard earned money and don't even allow them to ask about it - this seems to be the policy of Bank Negara!)

It is now close to a month, and Maybank or anyone else we ask is completely clueless as to when we will get access to our HARD EARNED MONEY. It looks like one more time we have been FLEECED of our hard earned money.

There is no official time limit or valid answer as to when our funds will be released. Even banking system in Africa is better than this and the people there more helpful and cooperative.

Now, is there any sane and experienced person on this forum who may advise me as to what's happening in this case and why so much time is being taken to give us the money we have full right on??? Where can we go to resolve this issue? Whom should we consult? Is there any honest and trustworthy person living in Malaysia who can help us out of this bull crap? Can we get an official time limit or is Malaysia's financial institutions is just a dysfunctional system with no time limits and can sit on people's money for as long as they like!

Im honestly fed up! Need help please!

PS: On 17th Jan 2018 (just around 2 weeks after the above problem started), my dad had another incoming payment (of a lesser amount) and he was able to withdraw that in cash. He had to transmit that money to Russia for further trading...but the moment he came out of the Maybank (METRO PRIMA branch, KEPONG, KL) with the cash in his bag, some Tamil guy came running and snatched my dad's bag and ran away. This happened RIGHT OUTSIDE THE BANK IN BROAD DAYLIGHT (AROUND 12 PM). We lost another 30,000 RM right there. My dad was shocked and as an old man, he couldn't run or chase after the criminal(s) who sat in a white car waiting on the main road, and sped away. My dad doesn't even have a car there - he uses UBER. He can only buy a car when Malaysia stops robbing him of his money!

Got the police report lodged for this (can post it here as proof if needed), but the police did nothing...and straight out told my dad that it's difficult to trace such suspects. On top of this, there was NO CCTV CAMERA OUTSIDE MAYBANK that captured the footage of the criminal.

Instead of serving some warning or notice to the bank to install cameras, the police are asking my dad to prove that the snatched money was his money...and where the money came from...etc etc. All this proof is already with the bank...if you want the proof of OUR MONEY THAT GOT STOLEN, go and get it from the bank! My dad has no resources or time to visit the Sentul police station again and again just to answer these silly questions by the police - and as they said earlier, they can't trace the suspect.

Instead of attempting to go after the suspect...checking the nearby AEON cctv for clues...tracing the phone call / messages logs in the area at the time of the incident, and do other basic investigation, the police are instead investigating the victim (my dad). Mind you, the police did take the eye witness statements from that shoplot, and there were several witnesses to this crime! And by the way, why NO CCTV CAMERA OUTSIDE THE BANK?????!

Honestly, even in a 3rd world country like where I live, the police and surveillance system is better than Malaysia. We have 2 to 3 cctv cameras installed here outside even the smallest banks, even in the remotest towns! And if some crime takes place, and investigators find out that the camera was not installed or not working, then that person or organization would be in a BIG SH**!

Anyway, we don't expect the criminal to be caught or the dysfunctional police to help us in this recent case...and we don't expect this money to be recovered. What we're concerned about right now is when Bank Negara will release our funds! If someone could shed some light!

PPS: Pls move this thread to appropriate section as I really couldn't figure out in which section to post this.
pathan bhai

make a video

& viral it with proof of document

mention the name of the maybank staff u r direct contacting

with a video thumbup.gif

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0111sec    0.27    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:52 PM