Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

To jailbreak or not to jailbreak?

Currently using iPhone 6, ios 11.2. Should i wait for jailbreak or just update to 11.2.5 which is more stable?

YES, JAIL..WAIT FOR IT..BREAK! [ 4 ] ** [80.00%]
No, just update... [ 1 ] ** [20.00%]
Total Votes: 5

views

TSInvoker69
post Jan 26 2018, 06:02 PM, updated 7y ago

18 posts

From Reddit:

This is serious. At what point does one sacrifice performance and stability for a bit of customization? I’ve heard a lot of people say that iOS 11.2.5 is extremely stable, even on par with iOS 10.3. My battery sucks on 11.1.2 right now on a 7 Plus and I notice some stability issues. Maybe I just need to wait for cydia eraser and perform a full system wipe but it seems to be a problem amongst many individuals on 11.1.2.

I know I’m going to regret updating if I do but at the same time I’m getting the performance stability and battery life from a premium device that I spent hundreds of dollars for. To be honest I don’t see much appeal for jailbreaking and the reason it’s dying is because many people have the same mentality of why stay being on an out dated version for a year on a potentially unstable iOS version when they can be on the latest and have the full performance they need and want and as well payed for?

Its not any developers fault in the jailbreaking scene that iOS 11-11.1.2 is a pile of garbage but they’re trying to make the most out of the bad position.

I’m absolutely not here to complain, I’m here to get everyone else’s views on this. I’m looking for when you personally decide what’s worth it: stability and performance or having customization of your device. Yes theming is awesome, yes basic root access is phenomenal on an iOS device, basic tweaks like activator, zeppelin, lithiumion, cylinder, dark mode, removing the big volume indicator and all around small tweaks that make the issues with iOS nonexistent for most people.

But these fixes for people jailbroken come with a price of being again on an unstable firmware as most are on now which is 11.1.2 and earlier. I’ve done so much to try and make this as stable as possible and have the most battery life as I can as I once did on iOS 10.3 but to no avail.

I’d love to hear everyone’s opinion on this and what you guys think is the line between jailbreaking and basic stability and battery life as well as performance.

Sauce: https://www.reddit.com/r/jailbreak/comments...ifice/?sort=top
TSInvoker69
post Jan 26 2018, 06:03 PM

18 posts

Shiz should post it in iPhone subforum
Queryz
post Feb 1 2018, 12:01 PM

Getting Started
257 posts

unthetered or semi?

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to: