Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

IPO: MYETF Dow Jones U.S. Titans 50, First US Denominated ETF!

views

TSILoveLalat.net
post Feb 11 2018, 02:49 PM

Seasonal Trader
2,906 posts

QUOTE(nexona88 @ Feb 10 2018, 06:22 PM)
Well they don't really care...
Fund performed or not.. Management fee must collect first.. Its their main thing.. Next is to sign up / take up the fund first....

That's why u see the PBB  as whole don't make losses 😎
Correctamundo, cause they still make money on either ends at the end of the day. Just that, whether ordinary investors earn or lose some makes the difference. cool2.gif
kamion
post Jul 26 2019, 05:56 PM

Casual
327 posts

This one good. I bought some during the IPO, and now want to add on.

Maybank tells me it's offline transaction to buy, charge 0.6% commission minimum RM40, plus dunno what is the MYR-USD conversion rate they will apply.

Guru-guru, what is the most cost-effective way to buy MyETF-US50?
Cubalagi
post Jul 26 2019, 07:23 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(kamion @ Jul 26 2019, 05:56 PM)
This one good. I bought some during the IPO, and now want to add on.

Maybank tells me it's offline transaction to buy, charge 0.6% commission minimum RM40, plus dunno what is the MYR-USD conversion rate they will apply.

Guru-guru, what is the most cost-effective way to buy MyETF-US50?
Off-line is expensive. I think this is the only US$ stock on Bursa Malaysia and because of that many brokers don't open this online coz their systems don't support USD transactions. (trading other markets use different platform, which they also charge a bomb! ) .

It's a shame tho. After looking at it more closely, the product is interesting enough. Basically, it's a shariah version of SnP500 etf.

A shariah version of KLCI, when u take out banks n sin stocks, will leave u with basicly Tenaga, plantations and the telcos. Boring! A shariah SnP500 will overweight the big technology stocks like Apple, Microsoft, Alphabet.. more interesting.

I suggest u call the fund manager and ask which broker offers online trading access to this etf.

Update us here if u find out.

This post has been edited by Cubalagi: Jul 26 2019, 07:24 PM
kamion
post Jul 27 2019, 08:45 AM

Casual
327 posts

Thanks for the response, Cubalagi.

Anyone know how to find out the NAV of the unit? I read the annual report from June 2018, and it said that the NAV is actually different from the price trading on KLSE for the units. At one point the NAV was actually more than the traded value on KLSE. That means it was discounted? Very odd, and don't really understand how that could happen.

Link to: MyETF-US50 Manager's Report 1-Jul to 30-Sep 2018

See page 4: Table 1: Key Statistics. Under the column 30-Sep-18, the NAV is 1.1028, but the Price per Unit is 1.07.
Cubalagi
post Jul 27 2019, 11:17 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(kamion @ Jul 27 2019, 08:45 AM)
Anyone know how to find out the NAV of the unit? I read the annual report from June 2018, and it said that the NAV is actually different from the price trading on KLSE for the units. At one point the NAV was actually more than the traded value on KLSE. That means it was discounted? Very odd, and don't really understand how that could happen.
For Bursa listed etf, you can check the NAV at the announcements page of the counter at the bursa website. Or at the fund managers website.

http://www.bursamalaysia.com/market/listed...ock_code=0827EA

One of the difference between UT and an ETF is that u buy UT from the UT company (via its agents). They sell to u at forward NAV (meaning u buy, say in morning, u get the units at NAV calculated att end of the day), plus sales charges.

For ETF u buy from the market from other investors or from the market maker over the trading day. The "live" NAV will be moving as the underlying stocks move in price and exchange rates move. NAV at 10am is usually not the same as NAV at 3pm. The market maker will normally sell at a slight premium over the live NAV and buy at slight discount. Profiting from the spread. Other investors could be selling at whatever price. That's why u can get premium and discount from the end of day NAV.

FYI I don't hold any of the MYETF but I do have the 2 Affin Hwang ones, Gold and China. It's traded in RM so I can buy it online using cash upfront account (0.1%) and there is no stamp duty.

I also used to trade HK listed ETF.

This post has been edited by Cubalagi: Jul 27 2019, 11:29 AM
kamion
post Jul 27 2019, 05:43 PM

Casual
327 posts

Cubalagi, thank you so much for the link and for your detailed explanation.

I will check out the GOLDETF too. Looks interesting to diversify my holdings.
Cubalagi
post Jul 28 2019, 12:10 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,788 posts

QUOTE(kamion @ Jul 27 2019, 05:43 PM)
Cubalagi, thank you so much for the link and for your detailed explanation.

I will check out the GOLDETF too. Looks interesting to diversify my holdings.
U can check out their ETF website:-

https://www.tradeplus.com.my/gold-tracker.html

Good thing about Affin Hwang ETF website is that they publish the live NAV (they call IOPV) a few times during the trading day itself. So u can compare the market selling/buying price and the actual NAV of the ETF.

jojojoget
post Apr 2 2021, 08:58 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

QUOTE(cherroy @ Jan 24 2018, 03:31 PM)
The problem of ETP locally is liquidity.

Without liquidity, retail investors won't interested.

While fund managers unlikely to participate in ETF.
You put in one fund and expect fund manager to invest directly in the market on behalf, but then fund manager goes to market to buy another fund (ETF)? Sound odd.

No liquidity, little movement, it becomes no thrill already, and here people like "thrill" stocks, just like HY recently, got so many "fans" on stocks after the wild ride.  laugh.gif
Actually liquidity is guaranteed with market maker so there should not be issues there. Movement will depend on the underlying so it can be quite exciting, it depends.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0116sec    0.48    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:03 AM