Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Ryzen Build, ready to go ?

views

ThisIsAter
post Jan 23 2018, 11:55 AM

Casual
351 posts

QUOTE(eesyam @ Jan 22 2018, 12:09 AM)
Well then, you should just wait it out until Ryzen 2 is out, then only after the price of previous gen Ryzen has dropped then you start building your dream rig.

And since you are already about to install Ryzen, it only makes sense for you to install win10 since the latest hardware would ALWAYS benefit more from the latest software available from the manufacturers. Plus, if I am not mistaken, most of the software that is available to optimise Ryzen is only available on win10 itself, compatibility issues if I am not mistaken. I myself am not fond of win10 before building my rig, but after using it and learning (even now I am still familiarising myself with win10) it bit by bit I can honestly say that I prefer win10 VS win8.1, my previous laptop.

And since we are talking about building a rig, you might want to also change your choice of PSU. I would recommend you instead get the Segotep GP600G-500W 80Plus Gold. It would costs you more, the price itself is around RM250, but it is fully modular and it has a better review and ratings than the one you want. Most probably because the latter is fully modular. Not saying that your choice of PSU is not good enough, but you might want to broaden your views and compare the best value for money, not only the cheapest. Plus, a good PSU with a good ratings (80plus gold, titanium or silver) could save your electricity bills as it waste less energy compared with those with no certification power ratings.
hye. just want to ask regarding the psu. is 500w recommended and is it future proof? in case in future got upgrade in terms of oc, better gpu or install aio. thanks!
eesyam
post Jan 23 2018, 11:16 PM

Getting Started
68 posts

QUOTE(ThisIsAter @ Jan 23 2018, 11:55 AM)
hye. just want to ask regarding the psu. is 500w recommended and is it future proof? in case in future got upgrade in terms of oc, better gpu or install aio. thanks!
Regarding the PSU, it depends on what kind of build you're about to do. Is it a single or dual gpu setup? You really have to look into the total power consumption of your CPU, GPU, RAM, mobo and other things like fan case and AIO. And if you wanted to OC, it might be better if you get at least 600W of PSU, as a future proof.

And what kind of OC are you looking for? Just a normal OC or extreme ones? If its the latter, then go for AIO. If you are using Ryzen, the stock CPU cooler would do the job perfectly fine for a modest and normal overclocking.
R3b0rn
post Jan 23 2018, 11:37 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

TS, are you living in KL? (Ignore that question if you are not)

Anyway, below is my suggestion. Have you try lelong? Its way much better buying at Lazada.
-Ryzen 5 1600 is a better pick
-Go for dual channel, like 4GB x 2 and that price you still entitled for 3000Mhz ones like Corsair LPX.
-Below 200 and TG? Go for Tecware Edge TG only RM 178
-As for Power supply, at least go for Segotep GP600G. Your build is roughly estimate around 224W, this should last you for long run.

Processor: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 3.6GHZ SOCKET AM4 - 880 (6 cores 12 threads)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 - 465 (Better audio and many fan headers)
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 4x2 (8GB) - 479
SSD: Sandisk Plus - 240GB - RM 350
Case:Tecware Edge TG Tempered Glass ATX Case - Red / White / Black (Cheapest ATX case with TG and case fans!) - 178
PSU: Segotep GP600G 500W 80Plus Gold Gaming Power Supply (This is much reliable) - 249

Total: 2601 (exclude shipping charges)
Just my two cents.

This post has been edited by R3b0rn: Jan 24 2018, 12:28 AM
TS3536837
post Jan 24 2018, 01:20 AM

Regular
1,601 posts

thanks all comment , very helpful ...learn alots ~

i used to be very active DIY desktop hardware at the generation before phenom ii x 4 then no hiding all the time
until now thinking to build new rigs , trying to catch up latest hardware

one more question , m2 SSD is much more faster than typical SATA SSD ?
should i go for expensive m2 SSD or SATA SSD is just fine ?
how much the real user experience by performance difference from m2 SSD and SATA SSD ?
for the DDR4 ram , most of the RAM module doesn't support certain motherboard ? or just like ddr3 , will auto down clock to lowest supporting speed of ram/mobo ?

QUOTE(R3b0rn @ Jan 23 2018, 11:37 PM)
TS, are you living in KL? (Ignore that question if you are not)

Anyway, below is my suggestion. Have you try lelong? Its way much better buying at Lazada.
-Ryzen 5 1600 is a better pick
-Go for dual channel, like 4GB x 2 and that price you still entitled for 3000Mhz ones like Corsair LPX.
-Below 200 and TG? Go for Tecware Edge TG only RM 178
-As for Power supply, at least go for Segotep GP600G. Your build is roughly estimate around 224W, this should last you for long run.

Processor: AMD RYZEN 5 1600 3.6GHZ SOCKET AM4 - 880 (6 cores 12 threads)
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 - 465 (Better audio and many fan headers)
RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 4x2 (8GB)  - 479
SSD: Sandisk Plus - 240GB - RM 350
Case:Tecware Edge TG Tempered Glass ATX Case - Red / White / Black (Cheapest ATX case with TG and case fans!) - 178
PSU: Segotep GP600G 500W 80Plus Gold Gaming Power Supply (This is much reliable) - 249

Total: 2601 (exclude shipping charges)
Just my two cents.
wow...very high reference value , u must be putting alot of effort on it bro. and surprising that dual channel DDR4 kit is much much more cheaper than lazada , maybe i almost forgot about lelong still exist
i have to compare every online store and purchase difference part from difference store to get most value offer

This post has been edited by 3536837: Jan 24 2018, 01:22 AM
R3b0rn
post Jan 24 2018, 02:23 PM

Getting Started
251 posts

QUOTE(3536837 @ Jan 24 2018, 01:20 AM)
thanks all comment , very helpful ...learn alots ~

i used to be very active DIY desktop hardware at the generation before phenom ii x 4 then no hiding all the time
until now thinking to build new rigs , trying to catch up latest hardware

one more question , m2 SSD is much more faster than typical SATA SSD ?
should i go for expensive m2 SSD or SATA SSD is just fine ?
how much the real user experience by performance difference from m2 SSD and SATA SSD ?
for the DDR4 ram , most of the RAM module doesn't support certain motherboard ? or just like ddr3 , will auto down clock to lowest supporting speed of ram/mobo ?
wow...very high reference value , u must be putting alot of effort on it bro. and surprising that dual channel DDR4 kit is much much more cheaper than lazada , maybe i almost forgot about lelong still exist
i have to compare every online store and purchase difference part from difference store to get most value offer
Having m.2 SSD just less cables to handle smile.gif
If you want speeds go for nvme drives like Samsung 960 evo/plextor/Western digital blue nvme.

As for normal usage or gaming having nvme or sata SSD have no difference in terms of loading speed. But for large file transfers nvmes high iops that makes it faster than sata drives.

You need to enable XMP in bios to have correct ram settings, but before proceeding please update the BIOS/UEFI from manufacturer website for the latest AEGSA in other words better ram compatibility.

I just giving you a head start, hope you can have your chicken dinner. smile.gif

This post has been edited by R3b0rn: Jan 24 2018, 02:30 PM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.32    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:22 AM