post Sep 3 2019, 05:33 PM

Getting Started
60 posts

Me prefer idemitsu 5w-30 Fully Synthetic though thumbup.gif
kotaro_minami
post Sep 3 2019, 05:35 PM

13 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Sep 3 2019, 04:43 PM)
to put into perspective, we do not need to taste the shit to know it is bad.

same goes to EO. no cert means it is bad. we do not how the quality if nothing is provided.
remember, anecdotal is the worst type of evidence
Every brand sure face negative comment during new, specially in the era everyone can talk openly. For me, whoever talk but never experience it first are totally talking BS.

Up to you to pay more for the BRAND and the company advertisement cost.

2 years in the market yet nobody claim any damage but thousands are happy with it. Proof its no a shit.

abubin
post Sep 3 2019, 06:04 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,338 posts

QUOTE(kotaro_minami @ Sep 3 2019, 05:35 PM)
Every brand sure face negative comment during new, specially in the era everyone can talk openly. For me, whoever talk but never experience it first are totally talking BS.

2 years in the market yet nobody claim any damage but thousands are happy with it. Proof its no a shit.
Don't take the comments in Lazada/Shopee so seriously. There are lots of fake products being sold that are shit but people never test properly, just give 5 star right away. Like the fake sdcards being sold. It got thousands of purchase with almost 5 stars.

https://shopee.com.my/Kingston-Memory-Card-...4197.1463647498

Now back to the talks of Mizu or other unbranded EO. Not all of them are shit. There might be some that is really genuinely trying to make good product. We should give these local brands a chance and not outright categorize them as bad product. That is why this thread was created. To allow real users who have tested to comment. For me, as long as the engine oil is doing what it is supposed to do then I am good. I don't rate an EO by it giving more power or not. I don't believe in that too cause EO is EO. Same rated EO should basically give the same type of performance and protection. Maybe certain good quality one provide 0.1% extra HP. That's fine by me as I am not racing my car.
leon898
post Sep 4 2019, 10:42 AM

On my way
547 posts

QUOTE(kotaro_minami @ Sep 3 2019, 05:35 PM)

again, anecdotal experience is the worst evidence.....I was talking about cert as a proof that this oil is good
ayamxxx
post Sep 4 2019, 11:17 AM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Sep 4 2019, 10:42 AM)
again, anecdotal experience is the worst evidence.....I was talking about cert as a proof that this oil is good
indeed, agree.
if no cert, why take the risk.

if want best value for money, can buy the Shell helix FS from Tesco/giant or Mitsubishi FS brand from Aeon/Jusco.

the Mitsubishi FS is kinda good, from 0 - 6k km, above that the engine felt a bit heavy (butt dyno)
Jay Chua CC
post Sep 4 2019, 11:26 AM

~Dont settle for good. Demand great~
5,178 posts

I'm blending local EO everyday. What I can say legit local EO manufacturer is more or less with the same with other major brands. The formula more or less the same provided by the 4 major additive suppliers ( Infinieum, Oronite/Chevron, etc).

Just becareful with those recycled oil blender. Else, its perfectly fine.
Jay Chua CC
post Sep 4 2019, 11:31 AM

5,178 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Sep 4 2019, 10:42 AM)
Cert is just a paper. It is not fully enforced in Malaysia as oppose to US. In US, API will do random spotchecks on the oil, and if found they are not up to requirements, all of the oil will be halted for sales/production. In Malaysia, they NEVER check. Basically after youd paid 4k usd to API, and submite the formula provided by your supplier, you will easily get the cert. And then you blend the oil cutting cost here and there, end up with a lower performance oil and stamp it with API donut on the bottle. Ez. The issue is they never check on those outside US region, so the API cert is more or less just for show and not for quality indication.

* Im doing API application as well as formulating engine oil.
ayamxxx
post Sep 4 2019, 12:53 PM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(Jay Chua CC @ Sep 4 2019, 11:26 AM)
I'm blending local EO everyday. What I can say legit local EO manufacturer is more or less with the same with other major brands. The formula more or less the same provided by the 4 major additive suppliers ( Infinieum, Oronite/Chevron, etc).

Just becareful with those recycled oil blender. Else, its perfectly fine.
kindly advice for us (customer) which brand is good from your pov?
local brand
Jay Chua CC
post Sep 4 2019, 01:38 PM

5,178 posts

QUOTE(ayamxxx @ Sep 4 2019, 12:53 PM)
kindly advice for us (customer) which brand is good from your pov?
local brand
afaik mizu or kaito is ok. I did lab testing and analysis on them before.
Those above are cheap tier online brands with API
leon898
post Sep 4 2019, 02:28 PM

On my way
547 posts

QUOTE(Jay Chua CC @ Sep 4 2019, 11:31 AM)
Cert is just a paper. It is not fully enforced in Malaysia as oppose to US. In US, API will do random spotchecks on the oil, and if found they are not up to requirements, all of the oil will be halted for sales/production. In Malaysia, they NEVER check. Basically after youd paid 4k usd to API, and submite the formula provided by your supplier, you will easily get the cert. And then you blend the oil cutting cost here and there, end up with a lower performance oil and stamp it with API donut on the bottle. Ez. The issue is they never check on those outside US region, so the API cert is more or less just for show and not for quality indication.

* Im doing API application as well as formulating engine oil.
if it is easy, why not just comply?

lemme answer that- because this is snake oil. biggrin.gif
voscar
post Sep 4 2019, 02:55 PM

Enthusiast
746 posts

QUOTE(Jay Chua CC @ Sep 4 2019, 01:38 PM)
found Mizu on API licensee directory, seems to be same origin from former Aeon Topvalu engine oil right? 3 years back when TopValu selling on the market I'm the guinea pig bought and testing, but now seems no longer selling TopValu engine oil.
If from same origin I have no doubt will buy and use on my old car, haha.
Jay Chua CC
post Sep 4 2019, 03:11 PM

5,178 posts

QUOTE(leon898 @ Sep 4 2019, 02:28 PM)
if it is easy, why not just comply?

lemme answer that- because this is snake oil. biggrin.gif
It is easy to cut cost while having API donut stamped on the product at the same time. My main point is, the API definitely doesn't indicates the quality of the oil.

Jay Chua CC
post Sep 4 2019, 03:12 PM

5,178 posts

QUOTE(voscar @ Sep 4 2019, 02:55 PM)
found Mizu on API licensee directory, seems to be same origin from former Aeon Topvalu engine oil right? 3 years back when TopValu selling on the market I'm the guinea pig bought and testing, but now seems no longer selling TopValu engine oil.
If from same origin I have no doubt will buy and use on my old car, haha.
Its normal for a manfacturer to do a few brands and also manufacture OEM for other people. For example, I do the oil then I sell it to Aeon. Aeon then sell it as Topvalu.
abubin
post Sep 4 2019, 05:27 PM

Look at all my stars!!
9,338 posts

Thank you @jay chua cc. It is good to have an expert in EO industry to reply here.

Can I know what are the test methodology done by your side? Are there any tests we can do as end-user at home to find out quality of certain EO?
penamas
post Oct 30 2019, 12:07 AM

6 posts

Anyone done an EO analysis of used oil by Blackstone labs or Schaeffer oil for the used Mizu oil to determine it's quality and contaminant level?
penamas
post Oct 30 2019, 12:17 AM

6 posts

I've been using several branded oil and done test at Blackstone labs in the USA just to have clarity on the oil quality. I've finally stick to one. But we all do aware that brand name do carry premium prices. And premium brands are at times potentially be a fake version.
Used oil analysis is quite reasonable USD28 per standard test and poslaju cost about RM75 to RM 80.

Interested can view the URL https://www.blackstone-labs.com/?session-id...3ljwzg%29%29%2F
diversity
post Oct 30 2019, 09:59 AM

Regular
1,132 posts

Did you test Morrisons before?

I have used all 3 before, Kaito...Mizu...Morrisons

IMO Kaito most smooth and power for me.

Mizu I used when they didn't have API certification, nearing 5k engine sounded a bit rough

Morrisons is also good. Predominantly using Morrisons due to it being most affordable and bang for buck
Jay Chua CC
post Oct 30 2019, 10:01 AM

5,178 posts

QUOTE(diversity @ Oct 30 2019, 09:59 AM)
Did you test Morrisons before?

I have used all 3 before, Kaito...Mizu...Morrisons

IMO Kaito most smooth and power for me.

Mizu I used when they didn't have API certification, nearing 5k engine sounded a bit rough

Morrisons is also good. Predominantly using Morrisons due to it being most affordable and bang for buck
Most prolly same with Mizu. Locally blended also. Advanced Lube (M) Sdn Bhd. Morrison blended by this OEM blender. biggrin.gif
kidmad
post Oct 30 2019, 10:16 AM

Look at all my stars!!
3,576 posts

Why risk it bro, never heard of this engine oil brand before. i'll just go for honda fully sync rm108 in shopee..
SKY233
post Oct 30 2019, 10:30 AM

u x sukak u keluar
821 posts

saw Kaito brand on Lazada..
i like how their team promote/explains the product... so far i've nt yet tried them.. haha maybe next time..
i still gt 3 bottles of Shell Helix Ultra in my store room ( bought from Giant laugh.gif tongue.gif )

7 Pages < 1 2 3 4 5 > » Top

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0404sec    1.99    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd February 2020 - 09:38 AM