Bump Topic Topic Closed RSS Feed

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Any extremely active WeChat user here?, For unblocking WeChat account purpose

views

TSshyuanshyuan
post Jan 18 2018, 03:11 AM, updated 7y ago

Getting Started
105 posts

Hi there, I am trying to register for a WeChat account using my secondary number. But i found that someone (ex owner of my number) has registered and linked this number to his/her WeChat account prior to this.

I contacted WeChat support twice but they didn't reply at all. I highly doubt the ex owner of my number still uses the WeChat account since he/she no longer the owner of my number. But, WeChat has no such policy where current phone number owner can reclaim the phone number that was bound to an existing WeChat account.

My only way was to request a password reset. But one of the steps requires me to provide the phone number of someone that has been actively using WeChat on a daily basis for at least 6 months (at least that's what I understood). I actually tried sending requests to my friends and family members but they were all not qualified.

Anyone here is kind enough to assist me by providing me your phone number just to let WeChat send you a request to sort of like verify me? Or, has anyone here verified someone else using this method before?

This post has been edited by shyuanshyuan: Jan 18 2018, 03:16 AM
Virlution
post Jan 18 2018, 10:00 AM

Casual
343 posts

some PRC hijack my unused weechat tied to my phone number and email, its blocked but I couldnt get it back... need someone to verify me, but since its unused, I couldnt find enough people required to verify me

they are pretty much useless
unknowmaster
post Feb 14 2018, 10:42 PM

Casual
376 posts

Actually, I think you should try to select as "Sign up new account" instead of login. I got a new number with existing wechat. I selected the option that it is not me and they allow me to setup new account using that number.

TSshyuanshyuan
post Feb 15 2018, 02:00 AM

Getting Started
105 posts

QUOTE(unknowmaster @ Feb 14 2018, 10:42 PM)
Actually, I think you should try to select as "Sign up new account" instead of login. I got a new number with existing wechat. I selected the option that it is not me and they allow me to setup new account using that number.
I tried before. It only tells me the number has been used for an existing account, unfortunately.

But it's okay ya, I'll close the topic coz i no longer want to deal with it - maybe try contact the support again other time.

This post has been edited by shyuanshyuan: Feb 15 2018, 02:11 AM

Topic ClosedOptions

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0117sec    0.52    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 05:39 PM