Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

[WTA] Auto Gearbox In Myvi, Whining Noise when in high RPM

views

TS[ r u g a ]
post May 1 2007, 02:15 PM, updated 17y ago

On my way
660 posts

as the title stated..
i've notice my car have this noise since early of this year..
last time when i was revving with this engine(i mean redlining the engine) no such sound was notice it was just like the higher rev sound when redline it..

but after sometime..this car when over 5k rpm some sharp whining sounds come out like loose bearing or something..i'm not sure is engine or gearbox but more to gearbox in my opinion of view..

this car hasn't changed its ATF since the mileage not yet reach but have to change on next service which is around 20th May.

any sifus can pin point the problem so i can fix it before anything goes worst?
anyway..i can feel powerloss in my car after this problem occurs..

before this the sound is a smooth rev(louder) throughout the rpm band till redline..now is after 5k rpm a metalic whinning sound occur..and car lost of pickup ohmy.gif
imperialrealcs
post May 1 2007, 05:26 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

i can say this is very common on perodua car.. my neighbour's myvi, my friend's kenari, my uncle's kenari
TS[ r u g a ]
post May 1 2007, 07:31 PM

On my way
660 posts

your common means what..it isn't anything wrong with it and it just came out factory this way??

imperialrealcs
post May 1 2007, 09:52 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE([ r u g a ] @ May 1 2007, 07:31 PM)
your common means what..it isn't anything wrong with it and it just came out factory this way??
hmm, replying with abit arrogant smell eh~
for a piece of mind, why dont u go service centre?
roger out
lonewolf
post May 1 2007, 10:45 PM

Look at all my stars!!
3,945 posts

it could be the exaust that causes the sound..especially the connection between ya extraktor and the flexi pipe....go change ya ATF then see how..its just a few weeks away..
TS[ r u g a ]
post May 2 2007, 01:31 AM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(imperialrealcs @ May 1 2007, 10:52 PM)
hmm, replying with abit arrogant smell eh~
for a piece of mind, why dont u go service centre?
roger out
nonoo dun get misunderstood..
i mean by..the common u mean by isit normal that the gearbox react like that ar?

This post has been edited by [ r u g a ]: May 2 2007, 01:32 AM
imperialrealcs
post May 2 2007, 02:43 PM

IMPERIAL DEATH STAR!
6,724 posts

QUOTE([ r u g a ] @ May 2 2007, 01:31 AM)
nonoo dun get misunderstood..
i mean by..the common u mean by isit normal that the gearbox react like that ar?
since i dont own any peroduas, i dont think i can effectively answer ur question.. nontheless, my uncle, friend n neighbour does get the weird gearbox sound biggrin.gif
not sure if they visited service centre
Oly
post May 3 2007, 12:31 AM

Permanent Banned
3,827 posts

my manual myvi also got the sound...eeeeeeeeeeeee....eeeeeeeeeeeeee...eeeeeeeeeeeeeee...
dstl1128
post May 3 2007, 02:35 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

If it sounds like... grok grok grok ('grok' continuously in fast succession until speed matches RPM) when going up hill, that means ATF is not at recomended level. I had that before, went to SC and they checked - ATF not up to that recomended level. After top up the ATF, no more this sound.

If it sounds like some faint fan noise that 'feel' it turn faster when your RPM goes higher... I think that is normal, might be belt noise or chain noise. With radio on, that sound is almost impossible to hear.

This post has been edited by dstl1128: May 3 2007, 02:35 PM
TS[ r u g a ]
post May 3 2007, 08:16 PM

On my way
660 posts

QUOTE(dstl1128 @ May 3 2007, 03:35 PM)
If it sounds like...  grok grok grok ('grok' continuously in fast succession until speed matches RPM) when going up hill, that means ATF is not at recomended level. I had that before, went to SC and they checked - ATF not up to that recomended level. After top up the ATF, no more this sound.
If it sounds like some faint fan noise that 'feel' it turn faster when your RPM goes higher... I think that is normal, might be belt noise or chain noise. With radio on, that sound is almost impossible to hear.
but mine seems to overfilled..yes and it does sounds like (eeeee) in a high pitch..my previous service they din even bother to check it when i told them my gear box have weird sound and burned smell everytime i rev beyond 5.5k rpm..with or without aircond ..
Aquanox28
post May 3 2007, 09:24 PM

Regular
1,168 posts

I don't think it's recommended to rev your auto gearbox till such high rpm. It hurts your auto gearbox(and so does your wallet). Auto is different from manual. Unless it's sports tuned auto gearbox, do not try to rev your auto gearbox to high rpm like you do on a manual car..

Btw, just try to file another complain to them, till they check it for you.

This post has been edited by Aquanox28: May 3 2007, 09:25 PM
TS[ r u g a ]
post May 4 2007, 12:25 PM

On my way
660 posts

but its build to rev that high ma...if not why put 6.75k rpm on the max..they should just cut off when it reaches 5.5k rpm right?
i mean everything will wear and torn after some time of usage..and it will lower the lifespan of my gearbox too..but you know..driving like snail all the time will get life boring..

yea..next service i'm going to scream it to them again..disapointed for perodua service branch again..
travis_ckf
post May 4 2007, 01:49 PM

ambitious but rubbish......
6,413 posts

As i mentioned on the myvi thread, ur myvi does not have an high rev VTEC engine, and the variable cam on the DVVT is mainly for economical driving. For crying out loud please dont ever think of revving this car esp when you driving an auto.

Being an myvi driver, i know my car is hopeless on 4-6k rpm range. But being an economical car for my daily ride, i satisfied with my current ride. Perhaps think of how to improve the low end torque by changing the exhaust and extractor to S flow. I believe there a thread on this here.

Ruga, no use screaming at the perodua SC, i believe u get a wrong car sweat.gif
dstl1128
post May 4 2007, 05:36 PM

Look at all my stars!!
4,463 posts

The nature of the engine is quite rev happy. It is the auto gearbox that is worrying.
ceo684
post May 4 2007, 05:51 PM

Component Burner
All Stars
11,545 posts

The engine at 5-6k is good enough to overtake on LDP. Only worry that the low gears wear out prematurely tongue.gif

This post has been edited by ceo684: May 4 2007, 05:52 PM
TS[ r u g a ]
post May 9 2007, 08:36 AM

On my way
660 posts

is there any recommendation for ATF?

Added on May 9, 2007, 11:00 pmbump? anyone

Added on May 13, 2007, 12:01 amHello anyone for the ATF?

This post has been edited by [ r u g a ]: May 13 2007, 12:01 AM

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0160sec    0.44    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:29 PM