Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Wifi Issue, Maxis router MA131 wifi issue unstable

views

TSlkloon
post Jan 16 2018, 10:04 PM, updated 7y ago

4 posts

Hi All Sifu,

I have a wifi issue that almost 1 year. my hse is 2 floor and my Router located at the living room. I'm trying to extend the wifi signal to my second floor.

I always have issue on the wifi signal drop.... unstable wifi. When I check my mobile device connection is full bar, but i can't go to internet. I have try 3 wifi extender which wall plug power and 2 wifi extender still have connection issue on the second floor.

The last wifi extender i bought, only i manage find out the WIFI signal is not stable. You may refer to attached picture.

What I have try:

I'm trying to change all the channel might worry conflict with my neighbor wifi, but still the same nothing improve.

I'm trying switch off all the wifi or Bluetooth nearby, but still the same.

I'm switch off my 5G Wifi and only use 2.4G on my router, still cant solve.

Please advice anything might miss out? Thanks to all WIFI sifu in advance.

Attached Image

Attached Image
dexz
post Jan 17 2018, 08:12 AM

Getting Started
88 posts

Few troubleshooting suggestions:-

1. The 2 wifi extender that has connection issue - try to setup at first floor and check if you can go to internet when connected to it.

2. For the "last" wifi extendee - try to move it to area(second floor) with the most stronger signal. FYI, Wifi extender need atleast 2 wifi signal bar (from router) to extend/repeat the signal. The higher signal the better

3. as you mentioned you are connected with full bar but no internet. Try to check on wifi network details(device). See if you are getting ip address from the router. Example 192.168.0.3

Good luck
WebWalker
post Jan 17 2018, 11:49 AM

Computer Geek
All Stars
12,851 posts

What broadband package you have subscribed?
How many users sharing the broadband Internet?
TSlkloon
post Jan 17 2018, 12:34 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(dexz @ Jan 17 2018, 08:12 AM)
Few troubleshooting suggestions:-

1. The 2 wifi extender that has connection issue - try to setup at first floor and check if you can go to internet when connected to it.

2. For the "last" wifi extendee - try to move it to area(second floor) with the most stronger signal. FYI, Wifi extender need atleast 2 wifi signal bar (from router) to extend/repeat the signal. The higher signal the better

3. as you mentioned you are connected with full bar but no internet. Try to check on wifi network details(device). See if you are getting ip address from the router. Example 192.168.0.3

Good luck
Ans 1 : Let me try tonite.

Ans 2 : I have move nearby which downstair is the router and pic i attached show full bar

Ans 3 : Yes, the IP address is there and the gateway IP is correct. 1st floor direct connect to router no problem. only the WIF extender have unstable issue.
TSlkloon
post Jan 17 2018, 12:36 PM

4 posts

QUOTE(WebWalker @ Jan 17 2018, 11:49 AM)
What broadband package you have subscribed?
How many users sharing the broadband Internet?
50MB and only sharing with 4 device

WebWalker
post Jan 17 2018, 07:14 PM

Computer Geek
All Stars
12,851 posts

If main WIFI router (the router that connect to Unifi Termination unit), is faulty.
You should call Unifi to get it replaced (1 year warranty from the date of installation).
If the warranty is over, buy a new WIFI router.

This post has been edited by WebWalker: Jan 17 2018, 07:15 PM
TSlkloon
post Feb 10 2018, 01:50 PM

4 posts

Finally the issue solve. Maxis remote login to router and i have no idea what they configure. Now seem like working fine. I still in monitor stage
dtdw
post Feb 10 2018, 02:03 PM

Casual
425 posts

QUOTE(lkloon @ Feb 10 2018, 01:50 PM)
Finally the issue solve. Maxis remote login to router and i have no idea what they configure. Now seem like working fine. I still in monitor stage
ask them what they did, so next time you know what cause.

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0113sec    0.43    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:45 AM