Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

2018 YAMAHA MT-07

views

TShappyshm13
post Jan 16 2018, 10:09 AM, updated 7y ago

0 posts

Hi all, when will this model be available in the market? Do you guys think that the value of the 2017 MT-07 will be decrease?
mADmAN
post Jan 16 2018, 10:39 AM

10k Club
All Stars
10,515 posts

HLYM is very very slow in launching bikes... so dont hold ur breath.

they only just recently released the new MT09... about a year and a half late. so that should give u an idea
basilisk
post Jan 16 2018, 10:47 AM

30 posts

lol.. " keep on waiting for you..."

jz the look changed.. oso not out yet obersea.. u wait for matsalleh rebiu first.. then see worth waiting ornot la..
ben_panced
post Jan 16 2018, 12:49 PM

PC and MotorBicycle Enthusiast
962 posts

Maybe this year also. When they have finished their mt07 stock.
mtalltheway
post Jan 16 2018, 12:51 PM

0 posts

no need to wait for 2018 model just buy the current one if the current color is your cup of tea. not much significant change..except update a bit here & there
basilisk
post Jan 17 2018, 08:19 PM

30 posts

takong lacing oredi got stock...

Attached Image

This post has been edited by basilisk: Jan 17 2018, 08:20 PM
SUSskyblu3
post Jan 17 2018, 09:20 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jan 17 2018, 08:19 PM)

Attached Image
This is 09
basilisk
post Jan 17 2018, 09:26 PM

30 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Jan 17 2018, 09:20 PM)
This is 09
lol.. wrong post bro..
SUSskyblu3
post Jan 17 2018, 09:36 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jan 17 2018, 09:26 PM)
lol.. wrong post bro..
Planning to go there tomorrow evening to check out this 09

Z9 or 09 ... Which is better ?

On the looks dept, 09 win.
Cyphereza
post Jan 17 2018, 10:02 PM

Jedi Catâ„¢
Group Icon
2,311 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jan 17 2018, 08:19 PM)

Attached Image
Apparently, they only have one unit for the 2018 model. Saw they mentioned it in instagram.
mtalltheway
post Jan 18 2018, 09:01 AM

0 posts

QUOTE(skyblu3 @ Jan 17 2018, 09:36 PM)
Planning to go there tomorrow evening to check out this 09

Z9 or 09 ... Which is better ?

On the looks dept, 09 win.
in term of spec 09 win by walk in the park, in term of riding experience that is subjective to individual,,09 is like season street thug, z9 is like an soldier officer who follow protocol..
you put 2 together in the ring for few bouts sure both will get bloody & broken nose..09 power is like tsunami, z9 is like volcano eruption
basilisk
post Jan 18 2018, 11:31 AM

30 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Jan 16 2018, 10:47 AM)
lol.. " keep on waiting for you..."

jz the look changed.. oso not out yet obersea.. u wait for matsalleh rebiu first.. then see worth waiting ornot la..
here are two comparison ive posted previously,

and do take note mt09 is abit more expensive over there, but here is abit cheaper cos local ckd vs cbu thai for z900

https://ultimatemotorcycling.com/2017/06/21...omparison-test/

http://ridermagazine.com/2017/06/12/2017-k...parison-review/

https://www.cycleworld.com/kawasaki-z900-vs...-review#page-10

This post has been edited by basilisk: Jan 18 2018, 11:46 AM
basilisk
post Jan 18 2018, 12:02 PM

30 posts

we cont discussion here ok..

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/4502105

i salah post so kacau this mt07 thread.. lol....
budoxe
post Mar 18 2019, 04:03 PM

3 posts

Nice bike
IpohLad
post Apr 2 2019, 09:59 PM

7 posts

I would just skip Yamaha big bike if you are thinking of buying. I just bought a MT-09 and took the bike home and the ABS light lid up all the way home. Call the dealer immediately and it took me 1 whole day to explain the ABS is not working. They advice me to bring the bike into my local Hong Leong Yamaha service centre to check.

Finally reached the HL Yamaha, took them about 20 mins to determine the ABS pump gone need replacing. WTF? A brand spanking new bike come out from the factory with 0km on the clock with ABS issue? Is HL Yamaha having a laugh on the QC department or just having tea break from 9am to 5pm?

So after they determine they need to replace the ABS pump and order the part. I've check in every week to see if the part are in. It took them 2 fxxxing months to get the part from Japan. Last time I check Japan is closer than any European bike manufacture even the KTM or Ducati guys don't need 2 months to get a simple part with already available immediately since they CDK the bike in Malaysia.

Finally they call me in for the repair after more than 2 months. Still need at least 3 days to change the pump.

Sadly I'm not the only one who have the same problem. I've got friend who have a brand newly launched Tracer GT less than 1 month and the ABS sensor broke make the bike unridable.

SKIP YAMAHA... I'm going back to European bike.
xixo_12
post Apr 3 2019, 08:16 AM

i!Retired!i
7,318 posts

QUOTE(IpohLad @ Apr 2 2019, 09:59 PM)
I would just skip Yamaha big bike if you are thinking of buying. I just bought a MT-09 and took the bike home and the ABS light lid up all the way home. Call the dealer immediately and it took me 1 whole day to explain the ABS is not working. They advice me to bring the bike into my local Hong Leong Yamaha service centre to check.

Finally reached the HL Yamaha, took them about 20 mins to determine the ABS pump gone need replacing. WTF? A brand spanking new bike come out from the factory with 0km on the clock with ABS issue? Is HL Yamaha having a laugh on the QC department or just having tea break from 9am to 5pm?

So after they determine they need to replace the ABS pump and order the part. I've check in every week to see if the part are in. It took them 2 fxxxing months to get the part from Japan. Last time I check Japan is closer than any European bike manufacture even the KTM or Ducati guys don't need 2 months to get a simple part with already available immediately since they CDK the bike in Malaysia.

Finally they call me in for the repair after more than 2 months. Still need at least 3 days to change the pump.

Sadly I'm not the only one who have the same problem. I've got friend who have a brand newly launched Tracer GT less than 1 month and the ABS sensor broke make the bike unridable.

Dont know what happen seem like they focusing on cheap material rather than quality..they are thinking that ppl will keep buying no matter what..launching with same spec but facelift version.. dont know their direction right now

Seem like their development going on the other way.. other manufacturer keep expanding..but hurm.. thinking to buy new tech ..but i dont want to spend time on workshop more than outside

This post has been edited by xixo_12: Apr 3 2019, 08:16 AM
basilisk
post Apr 3 2019, 09:42 AM

30 posts

mt07 is suppose to be a budget bike actually...
SUSskyblu3
post Apr 3 2019, 01:49 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

I almost bought the mt09 last year.

But ended up getting a z900.

This is my 3rd Kawasaki bike. Happy with their a.s.s.
Previous bike Vulcan S had issues with the gear shifter rod. Claim waranty. Parts arrived and settle within 2 days.

SUSskyblu3
post Apr 3 2019, 01:49 PM

Getting Started
157 posts

QUOTE(basilisk @ Apr 3 2019, 09:42 AM)
mt07 is suppose to be a budget bike actually...
And....?
haturaya
post Apr 3 2019, 02:07 PM

Look at all my stars!!
Group Icon
Elite
2,469 posts

Woah that bad? But I had very good experience dealing with Yamaha Sungau Buloh (factory) regarding my Ego LC Fi a few years back. thumbup.gif

My experience with Honda way better. Last year I just discover my Rebel 500 headlight was fitted with european version. It shine high on right hand side instead of left. rclxub.gif

I email Honda Penang, with photos of my headlight shining on wrong side of the road, they courier new head light within a day (from Penang to Shah Alam). Got is changed (whole headlight asseambly) the day after at the shop that I bought my bike. I took me about 4 days from my email to get new headlight. No silly question asked or any excuses given. thumbsup.gif

This post has been edited by haturaya: Apr 3 2019, 02:08 PM

2 Pages  1 2 >Top

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0177sec    0.40    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:06 PM