Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

Hotlink Payment Method not eligible

views

TSAimizz
post Jan 14 2018, 10:18 PM, updated 7y ago

5 posts

Just as the title say, I cant buy anything from Google Play Store. Every time I wanted to buy a game, it will always say "Not Eligible". I have purchased 2 games before and they worked fine. I think the cause of this the refunding system. I bought a game called "Scribblenauts Remix" and then I accidentally press "Refund". after I did that, I thought I got my refund but when I checked, my credit was the same when I bought it. And when I wanted to buy a game, it doesn't allow me to. It just says "Not Eligible" whenever I try to buy a game from Google Play Store. The same thing happens when I try to buy in app purchase. Please do help me fix this problem
Attached Image

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Aimizz: Jan 14 2018, 10:31 PM

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image
#Hotlink
post Jan 15 2018, 05:08 PM

Look at all my stars!!
2,353 posts

QUOTE(Aimizz @ Jan 14 2018, 10:18 PM)
Just as the title say, I cant buy anything from Google Play Store. Every time I wanted to buy a game, it will always say "Not Eligible". I have purchased 2 games before and they worked fine. I think the cause of this the refunding system. I bought a game called "Scribblenauts Remix" and then I accidentally press "Refund". after I did that, I thought I got my refund but when I checked, my credit was the same when I bought it. And when I wanted to buy a game, it doesn't allow me to. It just says "Not Eligible" whenever I try to buy a game from Google Play Store. The same thing happens when I try to buy in app purchase. Please do help me fix this problem
Attached Image

Attached Image
Hi Aimizz,

Kindly ensure your credit balance sufficient and mobile internet pass is active & follow steps as per link (delete & set-up again) :

http://www.hotlink.com.my/en/my-hotlink/do...ink-credit.html

P/S: If you are using dual sim, please insert only Hotlink Sim in slot 1 to allow this function to run well. For any further issue, please PM us with Mobile number, full name & NRIC .

TQ

TSAimizz
post Jan 16 2018, 07:17 PM

5 posts

QUOTE(#Hotlink @ Jan 15 2018, 05:08 PM)
Hi Aimizz,

Kindly ensure your credit balance sufficient and mobile internet pass is active & follow steps as per link (delete & set-up again) :

http://www.hotlink.com.my/en/my-hotlink/do...ink-credit.html

P/S: If you are using dual sim, please insert only Hotlink Sim in slot 1 to allow this function to run well. For any further issue, please PM us with Mobile number, full name & NRIC .

TQ
My Credit balance is sufficient and my mobile internet pass is active. I followed the steps of the link. But It still wont work. It keeps saying "The account verification SMS cant be sent"
noien
post Apr 8 2019, 02:11 PM

Getting Started
3,115 posts

is this still working now?
i cant seem to find maxis pay in google play now
tomato people
post Apr 8 2019, 02:14 PM

Tomato fan
1,612 posts

QUOTE(noien @ Apr 8 2019, 02:11 PM)
is this still working now?
i cant seem to find maxis pay in google play now
Mine still working for apple store purchases
noien
post Apr 8 2019, 02:20 PM

Getting Started
3,115 posts

QUOTE(tomato people @ Apr 8 2019, 02:14 PM)
Mine still working for apple store purchases
i cant seem to add for my phone. cant find the maxis icon anymore.
tomato people
post Apr 8 2019, 02:39 PM

Tomato fan
1,612 posts

QUOTE(noien @ Apr 8 2019, 02:20 PM)
i cant seem to add for my phone. cant find the maxis icon anymore.
Hmm...what i did last time...you must on maxis network internet data to get it works

https://www.hotlink.com.my/googleplay

Hope these helps
noien
post Apr 8 2019, 03:05 PM

Getting Started
3,115 posts

QUOTE(tomato people @ Apr 8 2019, 02:39 PM)
Hmm...what i did last time...you must on maxis network internet data to get it works

https://www.hotlink.com.my/googleplay

Hope these helps
i found out the issue. my phone country is not malaysia
tomato people
post Apr 8 2019, 03:14 PM

Tomato fan
1,612 posts

QUOTE(noien @ Apr 8 2019, 03:05 PM)
sweat.gif
pigduck
post Jun 4 2019, 11:45 AM

Casual
414 posts

I was out of the country when my Netflix subscription needed to be paid. Hotlink via Google Play Store rejected the payment since I was on a different network.

I had to pay with my credit card via Google Play Store and it worked. But now I cannot switch the payment method back to Hotlink for my Netflix subscription via Google Play Store. It says "Not Eligible".

My Hotlink via Google Play Store account is active with credit. I tried paying for books and it worked. So not sure why I can't reinstate Hotlink as payment method for Netflix since I am now back in Malaysia?

I did all the things like clearing cache and data in Google Play services and Google Play Store apps which allowed me to put Hotlink back in as a payment method. I can pay for books but not for Netflix.

Questions:-

1. This was after Hotlink's maintenance upgrade - could direct carrier billing be affected with Netflix?
2. Does Netflix suddenly not allow Hotlink payments via Google Play store?
3. Could it be because I was out of the country? But now that I am back it should work?
4. Did Netflix ban my Hotlink payment method? Can that happen?

This post has been edited by pigduck: Jun 4 2019, 11:51 AM
hashtag2016
post Jun 4 2019, 06:16 PM

Casual
453 posts

QUOTE(pigduck @ Jun 4 2019, 11:45 AM)
I was out of the country when my Netflix subscription needed to be paid. Hotlink via Google Play Store rejected the payment since I was on a different network.

I had to pay with my credit card via Google Play Store and it worked. But now I cannot switch the payment method back to Hotlink for my Netflix subscription via Google Play Store. It says "Not Eligible".

My Hotlink via Google Play Store account is active with credit. I tried paying for books and it worked. So not sure why I can't reinstate Hotlink as payment method for Netflix since I am now back in Malaysia?

I did all the things like clearing cache and data in Google Play services and Google Play Store apps which allowed me to put Hotlink back in as a payment method. I can pay for books but not for Netflix.

Questions:-

1. This was after Hotlink's maintenance upgrade - could direct carrier billing be affected with Netflix?
2. Does Netflix suddenly not allow Hotlink payments via Google Play store?
3. Could it be because I was out of the country? But now that I am back it should work?
4. Did Netflix ban my Hotlink payment method? Can that happen?
From the "Payment Methods" of Google Play Store, u can remove the older payment setting from the website by clicking "More Payment Settings",
and the u can re-add it again. It should be working fine after that.

p/s: for some dual sim phones, payment method only working on simslot1 (even only 1 sim was inserted). some can working on simslot2 (as long as it is the only sim).

pigduck
post Jun 5 2019, 09:54 PM

Casual
414 posts

QUOTE(hashtag2016 @ Jun 4 2019, 06:16 PM)
From the "Payment Methods" of Google Play Store, u can remove the older payment setting from the website by clicking  "More Payment Settings",
and the u can re-add it again. It should be working fine after that.

p/s: for some dual sim phones, payment method only working on simslot1 (even only 1 sim was inserted). some can working on simslot2 (as long as it is the only sim).
I re-added as a payment method but I cannot re-add it as a payment method for Netflix.
pigduck
post Jun 5 2019, 10:14 PM

Casual
414 posts

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/42851

^ I think this answers my question. Netflix doesn't allow it anymore. So the moment it notices a cancellation or a decline, it will remove Google Play direct carrier billing as an option. OH NO!
hashtag2016
post Jun 7 2019, 09:31 AM

Casual
453 posts

I see, thanks for sharing.
post Jun 9 2019, 09:00 AM

Workaholic
2,712 posts

QUOTE(noien @ Apr 8 2019, 03:05 PM)
U mean device must be a Malaysia purchase device?
noien
post Jun 9 2019, 09:50 AM

Getting Started
3,115 posts

QUOTE(10071985 @ Jun 9 2019, 09:00 AM)
U mean device must be a Malaysia purchase device?
Just Google play location must be set to Malaysia
post Jun 9 2019, 10:56 AM

14 posts

No more purchasing apps through phone bill now?
siaush
post Jun 9 2019, 02:36 PM

Getting Started
240 posts

Seems like there's an issue with direct carrier billing on Google Play through Maxis now sad.gif

Source: https://twitter.com/MaxisListens/status/1137566209656938497

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0264sec    0.21    6 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:30 AM