Bump TopicReply to this topicRSS feed Start new topic Start Poll

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

> Undecided, helppppp meeeee TT

xenonarc99
post Jan 12 2018, 09:11 PM, updated 2w ago

Getting Started
Group: Junior Member

Courses

1. I got my AS Level results 2 days ago.

2. 3As (Business 88, Economics 86, Psychology 85). I'd try to maintain my As for A2 as well.

3. I don't like maths that's why I didn't take maths in A levels.

4. I am quite interested in Business,Economics,Psychology and perhaps Law (Didn't really think much about it until recently).

5. Interested in Business because I'm interested in the corporate world and would like to start my own business in the future. (Possible drawback: Not much of 'real' knowledge [common sense] and there's so many business grads out there)

6. Interested in Economics because it's rather brain-stimulating and has more of 'real' knowledge as compared with Business. (Drawback: Econometrics will fry my brain)

7. Interested in Psychology because I've always wanted to help others and like to understand the reason behind people's behaviour. (Possible drawback: Hard to earn my rice bowl)

8. Interested in Law because it's free from maths and it's a professional profession. (Drawback: I have no exposure to it- not sure if that really is my interest)

What courses should I take and any recommendations of Universities ? THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! ^^

Applications

9. Private universities are very expensive so I intend to go into public U but I didn't take MUET/IELTS/TOEFL and all Unis require them. What should I do ?

10. UPU application starts in Feb but I won't take A2 until May. Can I still apply UPU ?

Any comment are welcome. Do correct me wherever i'm wrong!
THANK YOU PEOPLE smile.gif !!

This post has been edited by xenonarc99: Jan 12 2018, 10:03 PM
Just Visiting By
post Jan 12 2018, 10:33 PM

Regular
Group: Senior Member

QUOTE(xenonarc99 @ Jan 12 2018, 09:11 PM)
Courses

2. 3As (Business 88, Economics 86, Psychology 85). I'd try to maintain my As for A2 as well.

4. I am quite interested in Business,Economics,Psychology and perhaps Law (Didn't really think much about it until recently).

5. Interested in Business because I'm interested in the corporate world and would like to start my own business in the future. (Possible drawback: Not much of 'real' knowledge [common sense] and there's so many business grads out there)

6. Interested in Economics because it's rather brain-stimulating and has more of 'real' knowledge as compared with Business. (Drawback: Econometrics will fry my brain)

7. Interested in Psychology because I've always wanted to help others and like to understand the reason behind people's behaviour. (Possible drawback: Hard to earn my rice bowl)

8. Interested in Law because it's free from maths and it's a professional profession. (Drawback: I have no exposure to it- not sure if that really is my interest)

What courses should I take and any recommendations of Universities ? THANK YOU VERY MUCH !!! ^^

Applications

9. Private universities are very expensive so I intend to go into public U but I didn't take MUET/IELTS/TOEFL and all Unis require them. What should I do ?

10. UPU application starts in Feb but  I won't  take A2 until May. Can I still apply UPU ?

I can't help much on what courses you should go for. I'll just say go with your hearts. Go for what your heart wants.

As for application-related, are you a Malaysian? Because if you are, you should realise that entering UPU with an A-Level is near to impossible. While the universities state that they accept A-Levels on a case-by-case basis, the chances that you could get one is very, very slim.

For government unis, MUET is a must, even if you already have IELTS/TOEFL. You'll need to sit for MUET for your UPU result to be processed.

The March session application should be closed already. The next one you could apply for is the July session but the result would only be released around September/October, which would mean you would miss your UPU application. Try to inquire whether MUET is a must at the time of application, and ask whether it's possible to produce the result after admission. I think it's not possible, but I guess you could inquire.

I'm not sure whether you can apply UPU without full A-Level results. With AS you could be granted a conditional offer, but then A-Levels results are processed on a case-by-case basis so I guess anything is possible, but my advice is don't put your hopes too high, but do have some.

Anyway, good luck.

normal human
post Jan 12 2018, 10:34 PM

follow your passion ...........
Mr.dupe
post Jan 13 2018, 02:14 AM

As mentioned by just visiting by, you are almost unlikely to be offered a place in a public university in Malaysia.I took A level last time and realised that I cannot fall back to public unis if you didnt do well.
However judging from your result, if you push for all A* You might have better chance in getting a place in NUS or NTU with scholarship.

As for your course, I can't really help you as it really boils down to your interest
nexona88
post Jan 13 2018, 09:09 AM

VIP Club House

Confirmed.. No UPU 😢

As for which course to take.. Follows your passion
xenonarc99
post Jan 14 2018, 08:16 PM

Getting Started

QUOTE(Just Visiting By @ Jan 12 2018, 10:33 PM)
I can't help much on what courses you should go for. I'll just say go with your hearts. Go for what your heart wants.

As for application-related, are you a Malaysian? Because if you are, you should realise that entering UPU with an A-Level is near to impossible. While the universities state that they accept A-Levels on a case-by-case basis, the chances that you could get one is very, very slim.

For government unis, MUET is a must, even if you already have IELTS/TOEFL. You'll need to sit for MUET for your UPU result to be processed.

The March session application should be closed already. The next one you could apply for is the July session but the result would only be released around September/October, which would mean you would miss your UPU application. Try to inquire whether MUET is a must at the time of application, and ask whether it's possible to produce the result after admission. I think it's not possible, but I guess you could inquire.

I'm not sure whether you can apply UPU without full A-Level results. With AS you could be granted a conditional offer, but then A-Levels results are processed on a case-by-case basis so I guess anything is possible, but my advice is don't put your hopes too high, but do have some.

Anyway, good luck.
thanks !
JonathanIB
post Jan 14 2018, 10:25 PM

KL MRT/LRT Projects from 280k. Property Agent Wanted!

My suggestion is follow what your passion is. Or at least your favorite. Best is passion, then u will excel on it
tpn09
post Jan 15 2018, 01:18 AM

Group: Newbie

QUOTE(xenonarc99 @ Jan 12 2018, 09:11 PM)
Courses

Applications

10. UPU application starts in Feb but  I won't  take A2 until May. Can I still apply UPU ?

i would recommend you to major in finance and accounting if you want real knowledge but not the business course. to get employed, economics probably don't have a bright prospect (from a website i have read) because companies don't usually prioritize for the students since they are not too relevant compare to the Finance/accounting/business students.

in my opinion, if i were you i will not take psychology because you will not have Prescriptive authority since you are not from science stream. at the same time, if you preparing to work in the business field, your knowledge might not be relevant as well. BUT i would suggest you to take marketing since there's a part psychology studies in it. another but, marketing is common sense.
RyuGW90
post Jan 15 2018, 04:52 PM

Getting Started

After few semester at university, u will figure out what u really want

After u grad, u will realize what u studied at university mostly cant applied in the working environment

If u really wanna get into public university, choose general course

Bump TopicReply to this topicTopic OptionsStart new topic

Switch to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0723sec    4.00    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 22nd January 2018 - 11:55 PM