Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Outline · [ Standard ] · Linear+

HELP SPM should i drop or fail ?, Should i drop or just fail it

views

TSDidadoesnt
post Jan 12 2018, 01:09 AM, updated 7y ago

1 posts

Hi if i make any mistakes in anything let me know!its my first post so yeah.

Im taking SPM this year and im conflicted. Im in pure science stream so i take bio,chem and physics. Im terrible in science. I always get around 40% with those subjects.

Though the only drop-able subject is Bio. Should i drop bio so that i can improve with chem and physics or should i not drop and probably fail a subject because science and I dont go along.

I dont plan on having a job in the science field too so do i really need to take biology. I honestly prefer to drop physics than bio but i cant

Tqvm for reading !

This post has been edited by Didadoesnt: Jan 12 2018, 01:10 AM
e_X
post Jan 12 2018, 01:20 AM

On my way
584 posts

QUOTE(Didadoesnt @ Jan 12 2018, 01:09 AM)
I dont plan on having a job in the science field too so do i really need to take biology. I honestly prefer to drop physics than bio but i cant
You can retake any subject you want later.

But seriously no one will give a sh1t at your SPM result when you start working.
Kcdw96
post Jan 12 2018, 01:50 AM

Enthusiast
708 posts

Try your best to push up your marks to above 60%.

If my memory does not fail me, that should give you a B+, if not A- for most subjects smile.gif

All the best! You can do it!
hihichew
post Jan 12 2018, 02:26 AM

On my way
677 posts

relax,
make sure you have at least 5~6C (including those *subjects),

make sure you get your certs,
if you are eligible to loan ptptn (if you're not from rich family), that itself should be very sufficient for your spm results.

Username is for the weak
post Jan 12 2018, 03:03 AM

Casual
301 posts

just drop em and take any other stream
mikaelson
post Jan 12 2018, 10:19 AM

Getting Started
121 posts

Im taking SPM this year and im conflicted. Im in pure science stream so i take bio,chem and physics. Im terrible in science. I always get around 40% with those subjects.

Though the only drop-able subject is Bio. Should i drop bio so that i can improve with chem and physics or should i not drop and probably fail a subject because science and I dont go along.

Tqvm for reading !
Have you found out why you are scoring low on the subjects? Is it because you can't remember the facts? Have you done sufficient practice questions? Most often there is a way to improve that score. I failed my first add math test and got A+ in SPM and found that I absolutely loved add math so it's totally doable.
Smurfs
post Jan 12 2018, 01:18 PM

Regular
1,042 posts

If you decided to further your studies into local college, check their minimum requirement for entry which generally like the following :

1) Minimum 3-4 credits
2) Pass BM and Sejarah

etc.

Aim for those subject that you are confident in achieving credits.

But, if you are not interested to further your studies, just do whatever you want.
Reena.K
post Jan 12 2018, 02:14 PM

2 posts

Tqvm for reading !
Is it possible for you to change your stream? because clearly if you are not interested in engineering, medical, maths or science, it is best that you drop them.

If you're interested in economics, finance, accounts, you could take up courses related to these. But if you don't plan to do any sciences in the future, and you can't change your stream, try to finish your spm the most convenient way as possible. It's still January, and it is not too late to change and study something that you like, rather than putting 2 years, studying something you don't like and you don't plan to use at all in the future. 2 YEARS IS LONG AND TRUST ME IT WILL BE PAINFUL STUDYING SOMETHING YOU DONT LIKE!!!!

I suggest you list down what you really want to do on a pieces of paper, and it will help you make your decision.
Cheers

This post has been edited by Reena.K: Jan 12 2018, 02:16 PM
mikaelson
post Jan 12 2018, 03:46 PM

Getting Started
121 posts

QUOTE(Reena.K @ Jan 12 2018, 02:14 PM)
Is it possible for you to change your stream? because clearly if you are not interested in engineering, medical, maths or science, it is best that you drop them.

If you're interested in economics, finance, accounts, you could take up courses related to these. But if you don't plan to do any sciences in the future, and you can't change your stream, try to finish your spm the most convenient way as possible. It's still January, and it is not too late to change and study something that you like, rather than putting 2 years, studying something you don't like and you don't plan to use at all in the future. 2 YEARS IS LONG AND TRUST ME IT WILL BE PAINFUL STUDYING SOMETHING YOU DONT LIKE!!!!

I suggest you list down what you really want to do on a pieces of paper, and it will help you make your decision.
Cheers
TS said he is taking SPM this year so if changing stream is an option TS would have more new subjects to cover from Form 4 onwards while he is now in Form 5 already. That seems more heavy than brushing up on the current subjects TS is weak at.

jerry1227
post Jan 12 2018, 05:34 PM

Getting Started
72 posts

Discuss with your school teacher is the best way I can say. For me, Passing is not hard, do some minimum effort before give up. No harm. Reduce your time online, go and read the textbook.
internaldisputes
post Jan 12 2018, 05:52 PM

he/his/him
1,723 posts

my youngest sister is like you. she did very poorly in her spm in all her science-y subjects but she got into form 6 and ended up being the top scorer. so don't give up.

as for the subject you need to drop. it all up to you. i hate physics so i would drop it if i were you.
Struggling P
post Sep 21 2019, 12:27 AM

Probation
1 posts

Hi
I’m a form 4 science stream student and I’m planning on dropping bio for spm next year. I’m planning to do law and I have no interest in bio and my scores for bio are pretty low compared to my other subjects. Should I spoil my spm certificate or should I drop the subject?
iSean
post Sep 21 2019, 06:43 PM

iz old liao.
4,352 posts

QUOTE(Struggling @ Sep 21 2019, 12:27 AM)
Hi
I’m a form 4 science stream student and I’m planning on dropping bio for spm next year. I’m planning to do law and I have no interest in bio and my scores for bio are pretty low compared to my other subjects. Should I spoil my spm certificate or should I drop the subject?
Technical advise for those people who aim to secure a foundation/a-level scholarship after SPM and skip STPM route.

-> Aim for 9A+/A (not A-), if you're in Science Stream, just find some other subjects to replace like Computer Science / Languages & Literature / Arts and Humanities subjects.
Just to cover up other subjects.

-> Mostly 8As are mostly doable. If you are doing 10 subs with Mothertongue. I've personally gotten a rojak of 8As in SPM, and have started to be serious in my studies during in Form 3 days and mapped out my main routes and backup routes to university.

-> Biology is a reading subject and memorizing subjects, you might need some techniques to cram through all those Biology concepts. Imho, Form 4 chapters are rough, and Form 5 ones mostly are a walk in the park, you just need more time to read the "Bakaprep" textbook along with "Success Biology" you can move on.
And try working through all those past papers and trial papers now, if you are convinced to drop the subject.

-> About Law, there are both Foundation and A-Level routes in Law School by BAC/ATC, and ending up overseas in the UK majority of the time.
But, Recommended doing A-Levels for the Law Subject, give you some insights on what is Law (in the textbook Pre-U levels means)
If you want to go to UM/UKM to do Law School, only two route is through STPM/A-Levels. But then both are really gambles in Life.
STPM is mostly commonwealth country recognized, cheaper costing less than RM 8k with tuition fees for 2 years.
Or Cambridge A-Levels about <RM 35k (4 subjects) during my 2015-16 era. Most likely art stream is cheaper. But have less chances in scoring a placement in UPU. But most likely you would be in BAC tied program going to UK.

anyhow, better go for some education fairs, get more insights on what you want to do in life if it is not related to STEM.
Both STEM and Humanities co-exists with each other. Both have their ups and downs, and their own demands and trends in the near future.
Don't try to stress out too much, and keep your mind and opinions opens and do some analysis yourself before drawing a conclusion.

Good luck.
gothmoon87 P
post Oct 9 2019, 06:41 PM

Probation
1 posts

i don't think you should drop. I am not familiar with the current spm syllabus as it changes over the years. But if you can pass, or getting E for Bahasa and Sejarah and English and try to get credit in other subjects, i think you are pretty fine.

Good luck anyway, hope SPM will go easy on you thumbup.gif thumbup.gif

Zyrise5465
post Oct 9 2019, 07:49 PM

Getting Started
51 posts

Just drop bio, it is not compulsory even if u want to pursue med in the future, physics is much more important
ZenithSkirmisher
post Oct 9 2019, 10:02 PM

Getting Started
261 posts

Don't I repeat don't drop bio and chemistry if you want to study medicine

Only take up physics if you wanna pursue engineering

Change to:
| Lo-Fi Version
0.0170sec    0.47    5 queries    GZIP Disabled
Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:18 PM